• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RealOTs 7.7 Clone Project

If the host is going to be ready for Wednesday why not release it on Thursday or Friday, makes no sense for the host to be ready then wait another week just because :p

If my internet were any good I would be hosting it since a month ago and stupid bugs would have been fixed by then, but since I'm not able to, I've to wait for the host to be ready.

Because I'm still preparing the server files to upload them to the server, such security stuff in case of steal, just locking everything up so no one is really able to use these files on another live server that isn't ran by me ;)

Even 'till last night I was rewriting the floor reset system and re-spawn system, simply because;

Don't you hate in normal servers were you just killed everything in a cave and when you're moving back it's filled with monsters again? Well I was doing changes to the algorithm re-spawn system works, so we have a more accurate re-spawn system that acts at least as RealOTs but still experimental as SOME monsters might not spawn for a while.

Have to add; having an advertising thread will let me get feedback from players to remove / add stuff they would like to see, as the server is still pretty RealOTs stock 2007.

If my internet were any good I would be hosting it since a month ago and stupid bugs would have been fixed by then, but since I'm not able to, I've to wait for the host to be ready.

Because I'm still preparing the server files to upload them to the server, such security stuff in case of steal, just locking everything up so no one is really able to use these files on another live server that isn't ran by me ;)

Even 'till last night I was rewriting the floor reset system and re-spawn system, simply because;

Don't you hate in normal servers were you just killed everything in a cave and when you're moving back it's filled with monsters again? Well I was doing changes to the algorithm re-spawn system works, so we have a more accurate re-spawn system that acts at least as RealOTs but still experimental as SOME monsters might not spawn for a while.

Have to add; having an advertising thread will let me get feedback from players to remove / add stuff they would like to see, as the server is still pretty RealOTs stock 2007.
you want to have an ad thread up for atleast one week before launch .. if players see they missed launch 90% of them won't even play so you want as much time as possible for everyone to see and hear about it

you want to have an ad thread up for atleast one week before launch .. if players see they missed launch 90% of them won't even play so you want as much time as possible for everyone to see and hear about it

I agree he should make an advertisement thread now and post release TBA, then once you know post the date and such.
Also I think the rates the person posted are good, you don't want it to slow at the start.

Remember to save an unmodified version of your realOTS clone without any custom stuff to it :)

The host should be ready before Wednesday. Once the host is ready I'll post the advertisement thread with the start up date.

Also;

Experience Rates (Thanks to Yodasoul for the feedback).

8-29 x7
30-50 x5
50-80 x4
80 - 120 x3
120 - ...... x2

In the mean while I'll add stages for skills, to allow knights and paladins have some skills to hunt and not spend hours of training when they are very low levels.

Skills will be at 3x
Magic will be at 2x
Loot will be at 2x

Regeneration rate is increased by 5
Spawns are set to 1x for the first days while testing the new spawning system to match RealOTs.

why is every server favoring mages so heavily? regeneration rate 5x fucks over pallys and knights because the magic level is 2x and regen is 5x so it makes food based mlvl 10x and skills remain at steady 3x... so u will have 100 pally with 80 dist and 22 mlvl or something xd when in rl tibia it would be 100 pally with 90~ dist and 20 mlvl

increase skills rate man otherwise it doesnt make sense to play anything else but mages

why is every server favoring mages so heavily? regeneration rate 5x fucks over pallys and knights because the magic level is 2x and regen is 5x so it makes food based mlvl 10x and skills remain at steady 3x... so u will have 100 pally with 80 dist and 22 mlvl or something xd when in rl tibia it would be 100 pally with 90~ dist and 20 mlvl

increase skills rate man otherwise it doesnt make sense to play anything else but mages

Makes sense, otherwise if you don't increase skills everyone is going to play a game, i'd say 90% of old school servers are predominantly sorcs or druids which is fine but wouldn't you want to see a overall balance and variety? Who cares if pallys and knights skills are a bit higher, mages can still deal way more damage.

I'm aware of this issue concerning paladins and knights being the weaker vocations in the game, some changes will be done to them, and will add new types of ammunition like in RealOTs to help them get better, for knights well as another guy just feedback the spell exura gran, and might do some other stuff I'll think of.

The advertisement thread will be posted today in a few hours.

Makes sense, so what are you saying keep magic and skill 2x, and decrease regeneration rate a little bit, to like 2x, anyways I'll be implementing skills rate as well to help people get something early but decrease over time.

Makes sense, otherwise if you don't increase skills everyone is going to play a game, i'd say 90% of old school servers are predominantly sorcs or druids which is fine but wouldn't you want to see a overall balance and variety? Who cares if pallys and knights skills are a bit higher, mages can still deal way more damage.

I don't understand what do you mean with; "if you don't increase skills everyone is going to play a game", is it increase or decrease skills?.

Remember to save an unmodified version of your realOTS clone without any custom stuff to it :)

I have three folders, stock, development, release.

I've just looked at the advertisement thread and seen the regeneration is going to be more or less the same as Tibia back in 7.7, that just seems a little weird.

I've just looked at the advertisement thread and seen the regeneration is going to be more or less the same as Tibia back in 7.7, that just seems a little weird.

It's more, the default Tibia regeneration is: 1 health point, and 2 mana points, I'm just going to add 3 to it as some people said 5 was too op.

It's more, the default Tibia regeneration is: 1 health point, and 2 mana points, I'm just going to add 3 to it as some people said 5 was too op.

I don't think 5 is to OP at all, it is going to help the lower levels at the higher levels regen doesn't even come in to account.

By the way I will probably be playing a Knight so saying this isn't for my own benefit :D

I don't think 5 is to OP at all, it is going to help the lower levels at the higher levels regen doesn't even come in to account.

By the way I will probably be playing a Knight so saying this isn't for my own benefit :D

Actually the values I have right now are enough for people to not abuse regeneration benefits and don't need mana fluids.

The host should be ready before Wednesday. Once the host is ready I'll post the advertisement thread with the start up date.

so how long till host ready to start of the server?

8-29 x7
30-50 x5
50-80 x4
80 - 120 x3
120 - ...... x2
maybe end it on 3x? itd be pointless to exp on 2x when everyone has it so much higher

In the mean while I'll add stages for skills, to allow knights and paladins have some skills to hunt and not spend hours of training when they are very low levels.

stages for skills based on level or based on skills? that seems strange but ill take it over static 3x ;)

now you said all the wonderful things you do have perfect like tibia 7.7, is there anything that is not yet like 7.7?

also based on everything you wrote you seem like a guy who knows his shit so im looking forward to this server.

so how long till host ready to start of the server?

maybe end it on 3x? itd be pointless to exp on 2x when everyone has it so much higher

stages for skills based on level or based on skills? that seems strange but ill take it over static 3x ;)

now you said all the wonderful things you do have perfect like tibia 7.7, is there anything that is not yet like 7.7?

also based on everything you wrote you seem like a guy who knows his shit so im looking forward to this server.

The thread can be found on the advertising board.

Until I get the code for skills stages they will remain at 3x.
What is missing for a perfect 7.7 is a better distance fighting monsters chasing delay, and not miss a single item or lore in the map.

Why are ad's being deleted? o_O

I'm unsure what's the reason it got deleted, it was coming in a week, maybe I missed IP address ? It's a possibility, I'll just repost it after I get in contact with Dead Zone.
Edit:

The host is ready, tomorrow I'll start to upload all the server files and re-post the thread with final modifications and information.

Last edited:
weekend launch?

Could be if everything goes as planned, tomorrow I will upload the server files 200mb ~, then I'll do a connectivity test, and latency test on my side, as Dead Zone did it already. After I make sure the connection is steady then I'll post the thread along with the launch date (maybe Monday next week).

Meh Monday is a shitty day for launch, shoot for Sat/Sun. If not Sat/Sun I would hold off another week until next Friday/weekend.

Back
Top Bottom