• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RealOTS Reverse Engineering Server

Ezzz

Developer of Nostalrius and The Violet Project
Solutions
Reaction score
This is a learning project, it is not lucrative.

This is a game server I'm developing based almost entirely in RealOTS Reverse Engineering code, it started after my www.realotsblog.wordpress.com project was complete. it's purpose is to duplicate RealOTS to its roots, from the most basic to the most complex. Sources are not available at the moment.

This project is only for learning purposes, it is something I work with on my free time because I'm passionate about Tibia and I'm eager on learning the process of building a Tibia Game server from scratch.

I'm releasing here a beta binary file for some people that are eager about it, to download it, test what is done in the server about RealOTS, such as spell & combat formulas, player action queue, navigate through Zanera server houses, login with every character that existed in the leaked game files, etc ...

As this is a server development in progress, there are almost NO OPTIMIZATIONS, early optimizations makes coding harder, so optimizations will come later, although RealOTS itself is quite optimized in a few areas that OTS aren't, e.g; path finding base code, spectators code, etc ...

What is done thus far?
  • Loading and parsing of RealOTS sector files using CipSoft map structure
  • Loading and parsing of RealOTS objects files
  • Loading and parsing of RealOTS user files
  • Loading and parsing of configuration file
  • RealOTS spells and runes formulas
  • RealOTS combat formulas (melee and distance)
  • RealOTS skull system (murder count, banishment is not implemented)
  • RealOTS condition "skills" system (poison, burning, energy, illusion, shining, etc ...)
  • RealOTS feeding system (part of the above)
  • RealOTS world ambient code
  • RealOTS spells (not every character & account right spell has been implemented)
  • RealOTS runes
  • RealOTS talking muting system
  • RealOTS private messaging muting system (too many addresses in a short time)
  • Party system
  • Item moving
  • Item decaying
  • Hanging items in walls
  • Skills advancing and downgrading
  • Level advancing and downgrading
  • Leveling up and downgrading of player level
  • Trading system
  • Conjuring runes and items
  • Name doors are basic functional (door rights are not implemented at the moment until further code is complete and houses are implemented)
  • Rule violation channel
  • Ctrl+Z reporting
  • Private messaging other players
  • Players are kept in memory and unloaded upon shutdown (no saving is implemented during beta)
  • Player names index
  • Players start and current positions
  • Players inventories
  • Players lose inventory upon dead (drops every item unless an Amulet of Loss is being wear in the amulet slot)
  • Changing player outfits
  • Rings and amulets grant protection for their respective damage types specified in the objects file
  • Rune charges
  • Weapon charges
  • Bows, crossbows, throwables
What can you can do?
  • Walk around, teleport yourself, browse through every house, log with every character, PvP with other characters, use runes, cast spells, test formulas for melee, spells and runes... etc ... Basically it's for those that want to browse through 7.7 times houses that weren't able to host RealOTS themselves or found themselves a bit complicated into doing so in other people's RealOTS servers due to the limitations of RealOTS itself.
Available character right spells:
  • /getitem <item name or id>,<data>
    • Creates an item for your player. Note: name finding is quite basic and not accurate, so rather use item ids instead
  • /a <param>
    • up/down: teleport your character to the respective floors above or under your character
    • fastest: makes your character walk a lot faster
    • fast: makes your character walk fast
    • slow/normal: returns your character speed to its default
    • [0,0,0] or 0,0,0: teleport your character to the specified coordinates
    • named map point in map.dat: teleport your character to the named map point
  • /goto <name>
    • Teleport your character to the specified player
  • /retrievefriend <name>
    • Teleport a character to you
  • /getposition
    • Displays your character's current position
  • /temple <param or empty>
    • Teleport the specified character to its home temple or yourself to your home temple
  • /creategold <1 to 1,000,000>
    • Create the specified amount of gold for your character
  • /change <first>,<second>
    • First: sex or vocation: changes your character gender or vocation to the second param
    • Second: male or female, vocation names
  • /kick <name>
    • Kicks a player
  • /addmana <amount>
    • Adds the specified amount of mana to your player, up to your maximum player mana
  • /addexperience <skill>,<amount>
    • Add experience tries to the specified skill, options are:
    • level, magic, fist, shielding, club, sword, axe, distance, fishing
  • /removeexperience <skill>,<amount>
    • Same as above but removes the amount of experience from your specified skill, you may use this to downgrade your player's current level
A few images:
cPM3Zz9.png

57EjjsZ.png

QSWbT1e.png

eZVQxGE.png

Without further notice, bugs may occur as this is a work in progress, although for being 5 days worth of work it is steady and good.

Instructions (to run full game map, make sure you have at least 4GB of ram!):
  • Download RealOTS original game tarball from distributions sub-forum
  • Place the map data you want to use within the "map" folder (original or live data)
  • Copy and paste the user files folder "usr" in the root folder of the serer, or just place the ones you want to login with because it may take a while to copy every user file (the folders, not plain user files within usr folder!)
  • Launch the server and login with 127.0.0.1 using Tibia 7.72
  • In the account number you are going to place the respective user file id, example, for user file 7955301.usr account is 7955301
  • Enjoy!
Download Public Beta 0.1 x64 bits:
MEGA
Scan Public Beta 0.1:
VirusTotal
You may need to download C++ 2017 x64 bits redistributable package:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
omg this is so good, and that last pick made me remind so much time playing around kazz, my fav city when I was young.
Thanks for this.

awesome release men !! thanks a lot @Ezzz

btw where did you learn to program such things like this ?
did you study something related to programming or you just learned messing arround otland otfans etc?

Last edited:
awesome release men !! thanks a lot @Ezzz

btw where did you learn to program such things like this ?
did you study something related to programming or you just learning messing arround otland otfans etc?

All from Tibia, otland and otfans

Looking forward to seeing more from this. What would be useful with the /a command is to type /a 2 to teleport yourself 2 squares in front of you.

Hmm.
So instead of spending less than 5 hours on converting the .usr files to xml files or a .sql dump file so everybody can use these files on any open source server, which you have spent literally days in the past advertising that you care so much about in the Realots Release thread by Toor, instead you decided to spend "only 5 days" (+ 5 or more years on the server base, but no need to mention that, 5 years doesn't sound as cool and professional as 5 days, so lets just go with days, don't worry, nobody will notice) to ensure that players have to run your closed-source 10% finished Realots replica server without even the most basic features like monsters and npcs when they want to login to these Zanera chars?
Interesting.. I wonder if you look down upon everyone downloading and running your binary server now, or if you only look down on people who runs original binary files that actually works properly and wasn't made by someone as incompetent as yourself :D.
GH0n8uH.gif

Last edited:
anyone hosting this?

This is only for testing purposes, as this is a work in progress, you can host it yourself in your home Windows computer and do what I had mentioned in the main thread.
I'm not into hosting Tibia servers.

getting a server crash when i try to login to a character

@edit
ok doesnt crash when i try some other far away account numbers but im getting this now
WARRWS6.png

happens on all of the characters

Last edited:
getting a server crash when i try to login to a character

@edit
ok doesnt crash when i try some other far away account numbers but im getting this now
WARRWS6.png

happens on all of the characters

The sectors you're using are invalid because their names do not match the actual sector files of CipSoft

The sectors you're using are invalid because their names do not match the actual sector files of CipSoft
thanks it works after trying the different set of .sec files (i dont know why the release i downloaded had two map folders with different named files in them)

SDgw7Ru.png

so painful on the ram tho :D had to shut everything down to run it

Back