• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

REPORT ALL 0.2 BUGS HERE (latest 0.2 svn)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not your processor being bad, it's the server causing high CPU usage in an unknown case, so unless you can tell me what cause the high CPU usage please don't post "omg im using 8 cores with 10ghz and still lags :s", and you should be able to specify the thing not saying "after 3 hours", there must be something else, it cant be because uptime has reached 3 hours.

Talaturen please! Provide us as stable as it's possible 0.2 and then, when we'll be sure about our servers, we'll test trunk. Now 0.2.11 is more bugged than 0.2.10 I think. What hurts me most is cleaning houses after crash :(

Talaturen please! Provide us as stable as it's possible 0.2 and then, when we'll be sure about our servers, we'll test trunk. Now 0.2.11 is more bugged than 0.2.10 I think. What hurts me most is cleaning houses after crash :(

There is no way that 0.2.11 could have more bugs than 0.2.10, and the server doesn't crash. Incase it does please post the crash report.

For me it crashed only 2 times in last 10 days. After 10+ uptime with 100% usage.

Min for the last crash was the almost 1 month, after this has never, but ta very stable, I believe that in linux is something that harms the otserver with windows because I was 4h without 100% cpu now with linux with 1 ~ 2h with a machine better it is now with 100% cpu.

@ Talaturen
I did a system in the windows that everything that happens in otserver he writes on the fly and put on the site, if you interested may help find bugs, I use the tags, always update with its updates.

Log of Tags Server

It's not your processor being bad, it's the server causing high CPU usage in an unknown case, so unless you can tell me what cause the high CPU usage please don't post "omg im using 8 cores with 10ghz and still lags :s", and you should be able to specify the thing not saying "after 3 hours", there must be something else, it cant be because uptime has reached 3 hours.

That is a problem too, the high cpu usage not always begins after 3 hours uptime, it happens randomly...

Yes it is not something specific, me as many times begins after 2 hours, the times to 40 minutes, I am looking to See if I have a notion of where is the problem.

That is a problem too, the high cpu usage not always begins after 3 hours uptime, it happens randomly...

Yes it is not something specific, me as many times begins after 2 hours, the times to 40 minutes, I am looking to See if I have a notion of where is the problem.

I guess you didn't get my point... the 3 hours was an example of your pointless posts, I don't care when it starts to happen, useful information would be how it happens.

About issue with bless. I have found something, but i think its not this. But its a little bug? :>

Code:
	for(int16_t i = 0; i < 5; i++)
	{
		if(lostPercent == 0) break;
		if(hasBlessing(i))
			lostPercent--;
	}

But there are 5 blessings, in another engine i saw this:

for(int i=0; i<6; i++){

In the server logs always ta taking this error:

> MySQL ERROR mysql_real_query: INSERT INTO `player_viplist` (`player_id`, `vip_id` ) VALUES (961,73),(961,255),(961,397),(961,679),(961,784),(961,857),(961,969),(961,3210),(961,3543) Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`underot/player_viplist`, CONSTRAINT `player_viplist_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`vip_id`) REFERENCES `players` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE)

About issue with bless. I have found something, but i think its not this. But its a little bug? :>

Code:
	{
		if(lostPercent == 0) break;
		if(hasBlessing(i))
			lostPercent--;
	}

But there are 5 blessings, in another engine i saw this:

for(int i=0; i<6; i++){

Difference between int16_t and int is that 'int' is a 32 bit integer and int16_t is a 16 bit integer (short). Since the value is only 5 a 32 bit int is just waste of resources. 16 bit integer is a bit too big aswell, a char would work but back to your question; it's no big difference with 32 bit integer or 16 bit integer in that case.

Difference between int16_t and int is that 'int' is a 32 bit integer and int16_t is a 16 bit integer (short). Since the value is only 5 a 32 bit int is just waste of resources. 16 bit integer is a bit too big aswell, a char would work but back to your question; it's no big difference with 32 bit integer or 16 bit integer in that case.

He is talking about the "i < 5" and "i < 6", because we have 5 blessing, not 4, then it should be "i <= 5" :huh:

He is talking about the "i < 5" and "i < 6", because we have 5 blessing, not 4, then it should be "i <= 5" :huh:

"< 5" is correct because it starts from 0, it will loop:
0, 1, 2, 3, 4 which is 5 numbers / blessings.

So why in Devland its from 0 to 6? Meybe try 1 to 5?

But, anyway, why bless arent working always? Meybe something wrong with NPC? When in NPC is adding, bless from, 1 to 5, then why server take 0 to 4. Isnt there any difference? I just want to be bless system was fixed. Becouse now its somethink like: 1 player have lucky - bless worked in this death. But in another situation it not work.

Problem is in npc

Sometimes it works, sometimes not ..

The player often must say yes 2x

Or bless name ... All npcs of tfs have this problem, often does not answer and we must speak 2x pra he answered, when he was not exchange the items in the shop module

So why in Devland its from 0 to 6? Meybe try 1 to 5?

But, anyway, why bless arent working always? Meybe something wrong with NPC? When in NPC is adding, bless from, 1 to 5, then why server take 0 to 4. Isnt there any difference? I just want to be bless system was fixed. Becouse now its somethink like: 1 player have lucky - bless worked in this death. But in another situation it not work.

Blessings only work once incase you didn't know, it might be the case that your players think they last forever and reports that they dont work after they've died one time already.

There is nothing wrong with them that I can see, when NPC is adding it's 1 to 5, but server converts it to -1 so it becomes 0 to 4. Simple reason why DevLand uses 0 to 5 is because the developer either made a typo or didn't use his brain enough when writing the loop.

Blessings only work once incase you didn't know, it might be the case that your players think they last forever and reports that they dont work after they've died one time already.

There is nothing wrong with them that I can see, when NPC is adding it's 1 to 5, but server converts it to -1 so it becomes 0 to 4. Simple reason why DevLand uses 0 to 5 is because the developer either made a typo or didn't use his brain enough when writing the loop.

They exactly know how bless works. Too much players reported it, and some rl friends which i really believe. They're always buying all bless after all deads. There must be something wrong with code, or NPC. It should work always ::(

Then there is something with the NPC as Trevpack says, I'll check it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back