• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Request] A different Light Spell

alashrad

Reaction score
Well, more of a question, really.

Is it possible to make a "light" (utevo lux) spell, that makes the area darker?
I tried changing the light color in here: setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_LIGHT_COLOR, X) but to no avail; something tells me that this is not the right direction.

Help is appreciated :D

go look in youre data in the ot server map. and look in spells after the light spell and copy and add the .. of light to add -.-

Either I didn't express myself correctly, or you are not making any sense at all. :blink:

I asked if it is possible to create a spell that makes the area around the player darker... like a "black light"? ...night-style? ...underground dark?
You know when you use a torch, and the area around the player get some light?
Something like that but... reversed. You use an item (or spell) and the area around the player get... blacker, darker.

Meh... I kinda thought it wouldn't be possible.
I guess it's time to get creative ^_^
Thanks anyway.

Huh... maybe it is possible by messing around with those codes in the server Source?

I have NO idea how colors/lights work, I'm guessing you would have to add a new effect, or something.. Thats really one thing I don't have a clue about, I've never heard of anyone doing it before

Take a closer look on utevo lux spell:
Lua:
local combat = createCombatObject()
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_EFFECT, CONST_ME_MAGIC_BLUE)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_AGGRESSIVE, FALSE)

local condition = createConditionObject(CONDITION_LIGHT)
setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_LIGHT_LEVEL, 6)
setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_LIGHT_COLOR, 215)
setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_TICKS, (6 * 60 + 10) * 1000)
setCombatCondition(combat, condition)

function onCastSpell(cid, var)
	return doCombat(cid, combat, var)
end
As you can see color can be configured as a value. That value should be between 1 and 255, so you can just play around with it ^^,

Back