• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Retrocores serious privacy violation ! Watch out !

Not a single shred of evidence was posted in this thread and are the moderators really okay with doxxing people? Seems sus.

Hi "Marcus",

Well if you actually knew how to read you would see that there is already proof in this thread.
But nice try, Marcus. Or... we all know now, that isn't your real name :)

All of this was already stated towards him when he was named RealSoft then he namechanged to Erik and then to some other dragonball name and then a wild Marcus appeard,

I don't know how you can see this like something big when he's been doing it all years...

TL:DR he doesnt get banned because he is very good friend with znote.

@Znote any comment?

@EDIT
Is TibiCam banned for real? xD
Please don't ping someone who obviously does not feel comfortable handling this issue due to your prejudice against him and whatever relationship he might have with Marcus.
There are times when we delegate our moderator duties depending on how the public eye views things. Even though we know that the person can handle it perfectly fine, your opinions also matter. Sometimes they can actually be hurtful. As a person who co-owns a server, I think you already understand that though.

Marcus has already been banned until further notice. TibiCAM was merely banned due to passing the warning point threshold of three, there was no malicious intent behind his ban. As much as I understand him, he did break the rules (5. Sensitive data [...]).
ItWasAllMe was re-banned due to ban evasion (sockpuppet account).

As for the topic - we in staff have closed Marcus' other threads because the distributed game client appears to contain malware. We're also removing links that represents a way to obtain aformentioned malware. As for now, we're currently taking a closer look into the issue, and will update you once we've agreed upon a decision to be made.
Quoting WibbenZ from Marcus' Server Gala thread:
I'm closing this thread because the distributed game client appears to contain Malware.
We are also removing links that represents a way to obtain aformentioned malware.

Malware (a portmanteau for malicious software) is any software intentionally designed to cause disruption to a computer, server, client, or computer network, leak private information, gain unauthorized access to information or systems, deprive users access to information or which unknowingly interferes with the user's computer security and privacy.

We in the staff have to take a closer look regarding this issue and during this time we are locking all the threads advertising a source where people can obtain the malware.

We'll be sure to update you when we've agreed upon a decision.

Please don't ping someone who obviously does not feel comfortable handling this issue due to your prejudice against him and whatever relationship he might have with Marcus.
There are times when we delegate our moderator duties depending on how the public eye views things. Even though we know that the person can handle it perfectly fine, your opinions also matter. Sometimes they can actually be hurtful. As a person who co-owns a server, I think you already understand that though.

Marcus has already been banned until further notice. TibiCAM was merely banned due to passing the warning point threshold of three, there was no malicious intent behind his ban. As much as I understand him, he did break the rules (5. Sensitive data [...]).

As for the topic - we in staff have closed Marcus' other threads because the distributed game client appears to contain malware. We're also removing links that represents a way to obtain aformentioned malware. As for now, we're currently taking a closer look into the issue, and will update you once we've agreed upon a decision to be made.
Thanks I like you

I kinda disagree with you although.
All the information that TibiCAM was claming in this thread were merely assumptions, to be honest he never claimed it, he was actually asking for the real information and facing straight to the guy who doesn't even have the balls to give his real company name, information that should be public at the very least for anyone playing in his server.
In my opinion, instead of being banning people trying to face the guy and closing the threads that might be an evidence, you should be helping to get the real company name of this dude and let the justice do its work and decide if whether or not he is guilty.

I also agree. The ban was extremely unjustified. All the information TibiaCAM has provided is not sensitive whatsoever, most of what he said is public information that can be found on the internet. The user he is investigating, his username is literally "marcus" and it doesn't take much searching to find out all this information as he is a known member of the community. Can you elaborate on the "sensitive" information that he posted?

Well, if this "Marcus" is actually from Sweden, then you'd be surprised how much information about him is available on the internet. Sweden has an astonishing amount of information on private persons publicly available, including phone numbers, home adress, and more personal things like school grades, and to some extent even medical records (probably the most extreme example is a persons history of involontary psychiatric treatment). Anyway, that might be a bit off topic.

I believe that some kind of reaction from the mods was justified. TibiCAM had an honourable cause, sure, but that does not excuse breaking the rules. I cannot speak for the moderators and tell you how they came to their conclusion, nor the extent of the ban. But in my opinion it kind of makes sense; TibiCAM summized all info he could find on "Marcus" and posted it here. He also showed signs of intent to find more personal info. As follows from addendum 1 in the global rules, it doesn't matter which purpose he had to break the rules, so it seems to be the right thing to punish him for his actions. Something to concider is also that "Markus" is accused of having done something dishonest, which makes it more likely that leaking information about him could cause him harm. It is not unlikely that something like this could cause a lot of stress and anxiety. And it is not right to harm "Markus" like that. Especially without conclusive evidence of his guilt. And even in such a case it is best to let him be sentenced in a court of law, not by an angry mob.

I want to add that the examples in addendum one is not a perfect fit, and the definition of "sensitive data" does not cover the types of information that TibiCAM posted. Admittedly it is a non-exhaustive list, but it would be nice if it would contain a more accurate depiction of the types of information that might be regarded as "sensitive". It is not surprising that people disagree with verdicts if the rules are vague.

I also agree. The ban was extremely unjustified. All the information TibiaCAM has provided is not sensitive whatsoever, most of what he said is public information that can be found on the internet. The user he is investigating, his username is literally "marcus" and it doesn't take much searching to find out all this information as he is a known member of the community. Can you elaborate on the "sensitive" information that he posted?
Welcome to Otland.

So this guy really expects anyone to be able to take legal action against Marcus when we cant even spread his real name? Who the fuck are we going to sue and how?? The user Marcus on OTLand? Go to a lawyer and tell him you want to sue a forum user whos name or identity you dont know and they will laugh at you like fucking hyenas.

I say the same thing, free TibiCAM. I didnt manage to see what he posted but if he simply stated public information that is readily available in Sweden I do not see an issue with that.

Funnily enough most of the mods are swedish as well and should know that this information is public and not sensitive in any manner in our country. But I am not going to speculate as to why Marcus gets this treatment. If anyone wants to take this further its better for all or us to start a discord server where we will not be bothered the same way we will here.

FREE TIBICAM THE MAN THE MYTH THE LEGEND!

I am not a legal practitioner (please seek proper advice elsewhere if you intend to report the issue). But you are indeed right; population registration is public information in Sweden and is excepted from EU's GDPR law. Private services collect this public information and display it on their website, making it easily accessible.
However, connecting an online alias to a real person can be a different story in regards of legality. There have been cases in Sweden where witchhunting has lead to prosecution.
For our users' safety, we do not allow doxing nor witchhunting on OTLand. Please respect that.

Finding out the identity of a person is the job for the authorities. Their jurisdiction and tools are more than sufficient for such a task.
So if you are actually concerned that your privacy might have been breached - I suggest you to start in the right place instead of trying to speculate on what identity Marcus has, here on OTLand.
While I do understand your point of views, this is not a forum to gather up real life information about a user. You may go elsewhere and do so.

Some of you have pointed out that Sensitive data is not a clear term, thanks for bringing that up in a constructive manner. We will look into rephrasing that rule so it becomes more clear.

For the record, TibiCAM was not banned per say, he simply received +1 warning point that lead to an automatic ban. It's the consequence of breaking the rules for a third time whilst the two prior warnings are still active. He'll be unbanned automaticly whenever one of his warnings disappear.

I appreciate when some of you keep a good tone and come with constructive feedback. Keep that attitude up!
Have a continued good day!

Anyways better to listen to the mods instead of having all of us banned.
@everyone
PM me if you are interested in this topic and we can discuss further.

So this guy really expects anyone to be able to take legal action against Marcus when we cant even spread his real name? Who the fuck are we going to sue and how?? The user Marcus on OTLand? Go to a lawyer and tell him you want to sue a forum user whos name or identity you dont know and they will laugh at you like fucking hyenas.

I say the same thing, free TibiCAM. I didnt manage to see what he posted but if he simply stated public information that is readily available in Sweden I do not see an issue with that.

Funnily enough most of the mods are swedish as well and should know that this information is public and not sensitive in any manner in our country. But I am not going to speculate as to why Marcus gets this treatment. If anyone wants to take this further its better for all or us to start a discord server where we will not be bothered the same way we will here.

FREE TIBICAM THE MAN THE MYTH THE LEGEND!
You know there are people working with finding criminals right?

A lawyer would probably redirect you to the police. And no name is necessary for a police report. So that is how you do it. Contact the police, and let the prosecutor file an application to sue the culprit once they have done their job. The police won't laugh at you for not knowing the identity of the culprit. You just need to tell them the facts, or your reasons for suspicion, and they will do the rest.

Your arguments are suffering from a common fallacy. Imagine your relative was mugged, or murdered, or the victim of illegal acces to information systems, like in this case. So you went to the police, who did nothing because you didn't know who did it. Or even worse, like some people have suggested in this thread, that the police did nothing because you didn't have enough money to press charges. Can't you see how absurd that would be? No developed society works like that! So please, update yourself with how society actually works. Please don't spread false rumors. I am sure you are not doing this intentional, you probably got these ideas from someone else and are just blindly repeating what you heard.

Understand that there is a difference between criminal offenses and private breaches of contract, and that the current situation contains a bit of both. You could compare it to a situation where you bought a car from someone who then hacked your computer. Only because you entered into one agreement with that person doesn't mean that that contract dictates the terms of theft.

Marcus wrote an official explanation on his website, in its crooked way it kinda makes sense given that all report.dat files I saw were indeed generated while watching cams. But it still doesn't explain how did he, without spying on players' PC, possess so much details about every cheater, like name of IDE used to write a custom cheat script and its filename, all programs used to simulate user input and so on. And why functions and files are called "report".

Whoever banned Tibicam is an abusive moderator in power - and most likely working together with Retrocores to hide evidence. He never shared any sensitive information, which was not already known here. He simply demanded the owner of Retrocores to share his company info here. Other people have already written out the alleged real life name of the owner of Retrocores. He even linked to a post where none other than Znote himself had the names in public. So why is he also not banished?

I am also going to report the owner of Retrocores to the authorities. You do not need a real name or company name to file a report, but it surely helps. Rest assured that justice will be served. Please note that it does not matter - according to Swedish law - if you use information or not, that can or is being captured. The fact that his software can/is capturing sensitive information without your knowledge or consent is a violation of data and privacy laws in Sweden, which can lead up to 6 years in prison if the case is to be considered severe.

Besides, using Allabolag.se which lists public information in Sweden (not a crime!) you can easily figure out who he is. Because Retrocores company would have to (by Swedish law) register that his company is selling computer game software - and is categorized as an IT/Data company. Assuming his company only have 0-4 employees this narrows it down to these 890 companies. By simply figuring out in which part of Sweden he resides, you can narrow it down to the dozens.

Again, this is all public information in Sweden and is not a violation of privacy.
By law, any and all companies registered in Sweden, along with their owner, turnover, profit, etc. is public data.

We'll figure out who this guy is shortly, it will take a couple of days to find out what company is behind Core-Series, MasterCores and RetroCores.

An abusive moderator on this forum can't and won't be able to stop a real life legal process, no matter how hard he tries to prevent it from happening. This is a huge breach of privacy and should not be considered as anything other than that. Also, if anyone of you ever purchased something from RetroCores or MasterCores, you can as a Swedish citizen demand them to give out the company name which received the payment. If the company doesn't comply with that, it is violating Swedish law.

Why is Swedish law relevant here?
Well, because the owner is of Core-Series, MasterCores and RetroCores is known to be Swedish.
His company is Swedish. And any and all Swedish users of his service is protected by the Swedish law as well.

Justice will prevail.

Last edited:
Welcome to Otland.
Welcome to OTLand? I've been here since 2007 ... I've seen too many instances of rules being applied to some and not others over the years.

But I'm glad the rules regarding sensitive data will be re-written, however the warnings for TibCAM should be reversed as he technically didn't break them. If this was a court case, it would be dropped as the terms were too vague.

Back