• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Retrocores serious privacy violation ! Watch out !

Some cases of brain damage can be treated.
Think about it.
RESPECT MARCUS BRO! i said just play if u dont like it dont play, there are 00000000 more servers to play in, "marcus brain damaged and can be treated" wtf man? moderators here or?

RESPECT MARCUS BRO! i said just play if u dont like it dont play, there are 00000000 more servers to play in, "marcus brain damaged and can be treated" wtf man? moderators here or?
First of all, your English is terrible.
Second, you always make a fool out of yourself i've seen you in a couple of threads before. I dont know if you are trolling or there just is something wrong with you for real.
Get lost.

First of all, your English is terrible.
Second, you always make a fool out of yourself i've seen you in a couple of threads before. I dont know if you are trolling or there just is something wrong with you for real.
Get lost.
are you sure? didnt make posts here since last year... wtf?

And how can you provide evidence for this statement when so many people in the past have proven otherwise?
Oh, we're all supposed to just take your word on it, gotcha.
People have accused otherwise. No one has ever actually proven anything.

People have accused otherwise. No one has ever actually proven anything.
cause theres nothing, thats why bro.
random competitors wanna get some attention to grab people from retrocores, VEEERY OLD AND SHITTY TACTIC used since milleniums in the sun system planet called EARTH aka world.
These people making accusations against marcus and retrocores are the same that use bot, YES BOT, wtf bro? you mental? yes im mental so what? so what bro? yea why is the word BOT involved here? easy bro i will tell you in some seconds, BOTS BEEN USING TAKE SCREENSHOT FUNCTION SINCE ITS CREATION and they DID NOTHING in the bot forums, 0 posts, 0 hate, 0 !!!!!!!

0? YES ZERO hmmmm (refering to the thinking act and not refering to heavy magic missile rune aka "HMM") !!! and yea IT'S THE SAME SITUATION!!! I mean............. there are different kind of bots, did u see ANY BOT DEVELOPER WAR IN FORUMS? no, im a developer i wont go to your home to trash talk (FOR EXAMPLE)

HEY UR BOT TAKING SCREENSHOTS AT LVL!! HEY YOUR BOT IS TAKING SCREENSHOT AT DEATH
0 comments, AND YOU STILL USE IT!!

bye see you later because IM SURE SOMEONE WILL POST.

Last edited:
These people making accusations against marcus and retrocores are the same that use bot, YES BOT, wtf bro?

Pretty sure most of the people who point out that invasive anticheat (and especially the idea of screenshotting someone's screen without their consent) is illegal and the biggest of nono, don't even play on that server.

BOTS BEEN USING TAKE SCREENSHOT FUNCTION SINCE ITS CREATION

Except they really don't (unless it's secretly keylogger-type malware designed to backstab you).

Bots work by sending and receiving network packets. More often than not they just come in the form of a console window that reads from some config file with your account details and work instructions. There is precisely zero need to view your screen since it can get all the data it could possibly need from network packets.

Even macro type programs just use windows API to send inputs and at best use pixel monitoring in a specific area (because processing millions of pixels every frame for no reason makes no sense).

Pretty sure most of the people who point out that invasive anticheat (and especially the idea of screenshotting someone's screen without their consent) is illegal and the biggest of nono, don't even play on that server.

Except they really don't (unless it's secretly keylogger-type malware designed to backstab you).

Bots work by sending and receiving network packets. More often than not they just come in the form of a console window that reads from some config file with your account details and work instructions. There is precisely zero need to view your screen since it can get all the data it could possibly need from network packets.

Even macro type programs just use windows API to send inputs and at best use pixel monitoring in a specific area (because processing millions of pixels every frame for no reason makes no sense).
Yup exactly that. He was referring to your last paragraph with reading pixel color for heal bot. And just as you said, it literally looks at a tiny portion of the screen such as hp bar to read that, not wasting by reading every pixel in the frame.

Also, older bots that use screenshot technology were specifically for personal use only, nothing was sent to the bot's owner. This is the main difference.

And as an extra bonus, sending the image data over HTTP and not HTTPS is just bad, really bad.

Whether he used this feature or not isn't the point. The point is, he had the infrastructure implemented in the first place. And we can prove he has used this, as on page 3 of this thread, he banned a user for using a fishing python bot.

Also, older bots that use screenshot technology were specifically for personal use only

That just makes me wonder why the bot would require the client to be open in the first place. That just seems like such a waste of resources.
Everything the bot needs to do can easily be read from network packets.

That just makes me wonder why the bot would require the client to be open in the first place. That just seems like such a waste of resources.
Everything the bot needs to do can easily be read from network packets.
It was only used for things like GM alert, so your bot could take a screenshot when a GM appeared so you know what they said etc.
Post automatically merged:

I guess a bot needs the clients signature to send commands back to the server. Otherwise, the bot itself will become a client, and in that case, you may aswell just inject the bot into the client, as is normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious! But if marcus was banned, the clarity of "sensitive information" taken into account by the staff, and TibiaCAM will be automatically unbanned, then why the hell are you guys still posting to this thread? The point of this thread has been fulfilled.

So the question is, why is this thread even open still? Why are you guys still posting here? Can we move on already? Just action was taken, and although I'm sympathetic to TibiaCAM's cause, he did indeed get banned for breaking the rules over time, not just from his actions on this thread, so please guys, move on already.

I think anyone who has been here for many years, knows the mods actually give more chances than the public sees or realizes, they aren't some POWER ABUSERS like some of you have made them out to be, if they were? What would that look like? Well, for starters, this thread wouldn't have 8 pages of bs, there wouldn't be dozens of ridiculous comments that contribute 0 to the topic, and WAAAAAY more of you would have already been banned.

I know if I hosted a forum, and users blatantly disrespected the staff and the rules, despite many posts here condemning those kinds of actions, most of you would be ip banned, and all your accounts perma banned... <--- Thats what power abuse looks like.

@Codinablack Nothing was solved yet. Banning someone doesn't end anything, it was only a preventive measure. It's still not known if RC client works in ethical manner and if it really contains any active malware. New facts might still come up. For example, recently it turned out, according to the accused himself, he possesed so much client-side information thanks to process scanning, rather than reading screenshots like everyone earlier had thought. But it is not 100% proven either. And if it turns out to be true it doesn't make the case much milder (it was not stated in ToS).

@Codinablack Nothing was solved yet. Banning someone doesn't end anything, it was only a preventive measure. It's still not known if RC client works in ethical manner and if it really contains any active malware. New information might still come up. For example, recently it turned out, according to accused himself, he possesed so much client-side information thanks to process scanning, rather than reading screenshots like everyone earlier had thought. But it is not 100% proven either. And if it turns out to be true it doesn't make the case much milder (it was not stated in ToS).
Are you suggesting that the staff here can do more than banning the person? Because you aren't making any sense to me... If you find out more, that he is doing much more maliciousness, is that gonna make you change your mind on if you want to play his server? As for the staff they aren't the police, and have no authority over him, and would you really want the staff to be investigating peoples personal lives, or everything they do on a computer? Dude, just move on. He is banned, if you want to know more about what was really going on, then put the work in and find out on your own, or start a private dc server or channel to discuss it, its pointless to be still here, still talking about it. Its done, its over , MOVE ON

Staff, not staff, doesn't matter. As long as anyone can come up with valid proof or new facts it's good for the cause. Why silence people if they want to talk about it? If you're not interested skip the thread ¯\/(ツ)\/¯ But yes, staff did claim they want to look into it.

Tell me, are there more steps to be taken?

Lets say, we find out he was innocent. That there is zero proof he intended to use that software maliciously. Does that change the definition of malware? Does that change the fact he didn't disclose this information before people downloaded? Does it change the rules?

None of the above. He is an adult, and as with all of us, has to accept the consequences of his actions.

Now, lets say we find out he is even more guilty, does that change the situation at all? Can we find more things to remove by him, more accounts to ban, perhaps make a public notice for the idiots who find him on dc or elsewhere?

What exactly are you suggesting? More evidence, one way or another, changes nothing. So again, I say, move on.

to sum things up:

retrocores, previously known as "botters paradise", went full antibot 2 weeks ago
the cleaning appeared effective yet illegal

ots community rather sees a member go to jail than offering technical assistance to ensure an effective antibot is in accordance with the law

to sum things up:

retrocores, previously known as "botters paradise", went full antibot 2 weeks ago
the cleaning appeared effective yet illegal

ots community rather sees a member go to jail than offering technical assistance to ensure an effective antibot is in accordance with the law

Lmao
If someone scamms me should I tell the scammer how to do things better?
What kind of answer is that lol
Hes a scammer and should be banned everywhere.
I hope some people found his real data :)

Back