• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Retrocores serious privacy violation ! Watch out !

the cleaning appeared effective yet illegal

ots community rather sees a member go to jail than offering technical assistance to ensure an effective antibot is in accordance with the law
1. not quite as effective as (especially marcus LOL) people claim, creates massive power vacuums and imbalances where those who figured out how to bot were massively advantaged since most other players couldn't bot, also tons of false bans due to legitimate ways of playing (vm, remote desktop, touch screens etc). It's also pretty slow, sometimes taking days to ban (maybe longer?) which enables suicide botting.

2. sounds about right for ot community lol kinda embarrassing sometimes

i dont understand how can you be okay with some random guy screenshoting what you're doing on your pc at any time XD
you 'privacy' people are cringe sometimes, all these companies have so much data on us they know us better than our own family and they consistently manipulate you and others in to believing that they dont just because you toggled some things on your browser or operating system, he is literally not even a grain of sand on the beach of big data even if he was streaming our whole desktops 24/7.

I don't agree with him, but don't be so cringe about 'privacy'. There is none and pretending to care about privacy is just disingenuous and cringe.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this topic opened up again? we can talk about it? what happen to marcus? he suddenly vanished from discord.

Probably he was so worried about that "lawsuit" and being reported to the police that everyone was banging on about, he hid under the rock 😂😂

Edit
@down
There we go again 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Well whilst marcus really being a prick and a sucker for gm/admin. He has the best 7.4 server at least on the infraestructure, development, client, systems, host, server, etc.
While content and game content he kinda lack. I haven't seen a great client of tibia for 7.4, all other server despise having nice content and durable at it not easy or semi easy, their systems and clients are all clunky, laggy and shit.

If marcus ever make the best of both worlds in his retrocores series, we will have a nice enjoyable server on our hands. But there is always a "ppl dont like that", "warmongers are stupid and only want wars" "i dont make money with that" and bla bla bla, and not only him all server are like that, they always lack one side of the coin.

Prolly trying to wait things die out a bit before coming back. But they wont haha.

we will have a nice enjoyable server on our hands. But there is always a "ppl dont like that"

That's normal that people don't want their screen recorded/screen-captured and shit. If I were the screen-captured person, as a company owner, where I read a lot of sensitive data in my emails, clients' orders etc., it would be my responsibility and duty to sue Marcus and send all information to my lawyer. It's not about liking his server or not. It's about your life, your business and your security.

Also, nobody mentioned that, but if Marcus is from Sweden and he keeps these pictures on the US server [or any server outside the EU] (along with any payment information), he also violates European's GDPR, I guess...

nah i don't care about this situation at all. There are bots, sites that ppl here even you or me i would presume access and got things leaked and you dont even know of it. He made a system to take pic when lvl up or skill or death only, but somehow someone got the gist of that system and used for things which were not meant to and unfortunately that happens, you just need to see what a hack fest New World was. Things which were not intended to use it like that and were used and AGs had rough time fixing all.

im certain marcus did not want to use ppl personal information or whatever.
but i am also certain that he was just negligent like every human being in the world can be.

Thats the only different i see from this privacy violation thing.

And please dont need to prove yourself that you never had anything leaked in your life because you know security and shit, i dont care, i am just saying that it happen to you, me, everybody who uses internet and yall did not make a big deal out of it.

Edit: and lets be honest if we got hacked by something we would notice at least we the ppl who are using pc for over 20 years. if it was 2005 i would understand, but nowadays we would notice. Maybe not a kid from 2010 but we from 1985-1997 would.

im certain marcus did not want to use ppl personal information or whatever.
Oh that’s actually stupid. It doesn't matter if he wanted to do so or not. Did he break the privacy laws in your country or region? If the answer is yes, then it doesn't matter if he knew that or not.

If you steal someone's bike because it wasn't secured it doesn't matter that you didn't break the law.

Yeah that analogy is stupid and no sense to the situation. So ok.
Some can see and some cannot.

@Itutorial yeah sure not denieng that. But what i am saying is that he did not do it to record pc it self and just to take screenshot of the client and the achievment you did. But somehow someone saw that it can record whole computer and used it against him. Now i am not an expert to law and shit, but i doubt in court he will be arrested because one of his code can record stuff and when interpol go check his pc logs and sees he did not have anything or any personal info from clients. why would he get arrested? just because he had the code in game? do ppl get arrested for it? (serious question because i dont really know). I mean there is no criminal evidence neither intent since he did not even tested "like that". this shit i saw so many times in new world, that i prefer to think that marcus and new world devs are just naive then some ppl who actually want to spread evil to the world, and believe me... i find the latter better since evil we all can expect what would happen and go for a solution asap, but naivity can actually do more harm then just some silly evil doing which has a solution. at least in my opinion.

Dunno if many of words spelled is correct ssince english not my first language, but can make sense to them on what im trying to say i think xd

Last edited:
But what i am saying is that he did not do it to record pc it self and just to take screenshot of the client and the achievment you did
then why whole screen? oh i know to detect botters even tho it was never his main goal (turn on/off antibot tests depending on online count)

yeah i dont know if it was for it, but then i suppose he is dealing with his trial in court since he is gone and soon will become a month now lets see if guilty as charge or not xD.

or if ppl are all bark and no bite, since i suppose someone sued him.

or if ppl are all bark and no bite, since i suppose someone sued him.

They don't need to sue him. They just need to report him to the police, and possibly involve the Swedish Privacy Protection Authority (though I think they're involved automatically if there's a police report). And if he runs the servers as a company rather than a private individual, then European privacy regulators would be involved as well (though probably as a third party behind Swedish police).

Even before GDPR, Sweden had some of the (if not the) strongest privacy protection and data security laws in Europe.

There won't be any small claims courts or lawsuits. This is a full blown "police cyber-crime division taking your shit and investigating and then you get multiple court dates" situation for him.

Oh i see, well marcus is gone, but his servers are still up so it is a bit hard to know what is happening. And since your clarification i would assume ppl are still just bark and no bite, to not even report, since police would already put servers downs for investigation, or i understood incorrectly?

Or it might be a hidden operation called "hidden to the core" or "through the core" or "Operation Core Punk" where they are investigating while online and trying to catch on act or something xd.

Oh i see, well marcus is gone, but his servers are still up so it is a bit hard to know what is happening. And since your clarification i would assume ppl are still just bark and no bite, to not even report, since police would already put servers downs for investigation, or i understood incorrectly?

Or it might be a hidden operation called "hidden to the core" or "through the core" or "Operation Core Punk" where they are investigating while online and trying to catch on act or something xd.

Well there's three options really;

1. No reports was made, but he decided himself to GTFO from public view because his attempts at smoothing it over didn't work and because he's worried about actual legal repercussions of this. He will probably pop up again, but under a different name.

2. There were reports, but the police haven't gotten around to investigating yet (or are currently investigating) and he will be getting a letter or visit from the police a few days/weeks/months from now once they have finished.

3. There were reports, and the police have acted on it. His personal electronic posessions have been taken, but the servers are still running because they're hosted in a different country and the police have no legal rights to take them down (and are waiting for the host to turn them off and mail them the harddrives). Alternatively they've left the servers running to collect further evidence that he is indeed actively downloading screenshots of people's screens.

Which one is actually true, nobody knows but Marcus.
It depends on what county he lives in and how busy the police are there
(e.g. the Malmo police are generally a lot more busy than the Lulea police).

I left the server when this shit came out, so he gona make jail? I think this is the end of Retrocores if police sues him for multimillionaire fee

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Marcus seems like a nice guy, so no need to go full-on flames. What he did, might've been wrong, and that's important. But if he didn't do anything wrong, then I don't see why we should be hostile towards him and demonize him.

Back