• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Retrocores serious privacy violation ! Watch out !

I just read through the RetroCores's "extensive" list of terms and conditions. Not only do they not mention the "anti-cheating" policy, but I'm sure that they are abusive, too (see the highlighted line in the attachment below).

It's about time to take legal action. With all the information you all have gathered in this thread, someone could file a serious lawsuit.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 12.40.02.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 12.40.02.png
    2 MB · Views: 95 · VirusTotal
I just read through the RetroCores's "extensive" list of terms and conditions. Not only do they not mention the "anti-cheating" policy, but I'm sure that they are abusive, too (see the highlighted line in the attachment below).

It's about time to take legal action. With all the information you all have gathered in this thread, someone could file a serious lawsuit.
Not to mention the racism that happens ingame and discord and they say "just ignore"

Can we please keep discussions civilized and stay on-topic?
Cleaned the thread up a bit.

To you regular trolls out there; creating a sockpuppet account will not protect your main account.

Have a good evening!

I thought that this thread is about stealing personal data not about which server is better lol
Oh yeah for sure, but lets just not be hypocritical idiots and saying bullshit while we cant even take care of our own lawn.
and
Yeah marcus is a hacker, someone with time please lawsuit his ass and bring here to us to hate him more.

So, he just graduated from clown gm into a "master hacker"View attachment 65543
Here's a better version
9965c9172bfa31fc3db9393f466b127e.jpg

He said this code was part of his autoscreenshot on skill advance system.
Ok, but then why the function was called requestReportScreen? "Report" sounds like something you send when cheating is detected, so you want to report that.
requestReportScreen(protocol, opcode, buffer) -- send ss to server

Ok, but then why the function was called requestReportScreen? "Report" sounds like something you send when cheating is detected, so you want to report that.
That function could be as well named "Bob". Doing a SS and sending it to the outside world without any info that it's happening in the background, is illegal. In CS 1.6 era I remember that some servers has the mechanism of "forced screenshot", after which you received a ban and you had to post those screenshots on your own on the server forum, to prove that you do not use any hacks. That's okay as the screenshots stay on your end and you are making the decision if you want to send them. And you are also aware about the entire fact about screenshots happening on the background.

That's not my point, it's obvious sneaky full screenshot (regardless of purpose) is illegal, I'm just suggesting Marcus is not telling the truth when he says that function was made for skill advance, since its name suggests something else. What else you may ask? See the suspiciously accurate cheating tools statistics and connect the dots.

OTBot: 66% (plain bot) RifBot: 12% (plain bot) TinyTask 6% (macro) OuPilot: 5% (advanced macro) MacroRecorder: 4% (macro, keyboard & mouse recorder & playback) Auto Hotkey: 2% (macro alike) Mouse Recorder Pro: 1% (macro, keyboard & mouse recorder & playback)

Unless he's clairvoyant there's no possible way to detect from client side which macro program exactly is simulating clicks - and somehow he does know that. Bots that tinker directly with client data - that's different story, but not macros. The client might be able to tell that someone's using macro, but there is no possibility to detect program's name, unless... he knows it from fullscreen SS.

I am Swedish and will gladly report this serious privacy violation crime to local authorities (www.polisen.se) and Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection. Can someone provide me with his full legal name in private messages so that I can send in the report? I assume he must also have registered a company in Sweden due to the amounts of money he receive via payments on his server. If he has not registered a legal entity for that, he will also be reported to The Swedish Tax Agency for violating Swedish tax laws.

It costs me nothing to report it and I will follow up in this thread on how it goes.
Sweden generally takes these crimes very seriously. According to current Swedish laws;
  • if the crime is to be considered as "mild" (up to the judge to decide), it can lead to a maximum sentence of two (2) years in prison.
  • if the crime is to be considered as "severe" (up to the judge to decide), it will lead to a minimum sentence of six (6) months in prison and at most six (6) years in prison.
Source:
My opinion: considering the amount of users who have downloaded this malware on to their computer - and has been put to risk of severe privacy and data violations - I doubt the judge would consider this as a "mild" case.

I am Swedish and will gladly report this serious privacy violation crime to local authorities (www.polisen.se) and Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection. Can someone provide me with his full legal name in private messages so that I can send in the report? I assume he must also have registered a company in Sweden due to the amounts of money he receive via payments on his server. If he has not registered a legal entity for that, he will also be reported to The Swedish Tax Agency for violating Swedish tax laws.

It costs me nothing to report it and I will follow up in this thread on how it goes.
Sweden generally takes these crimes very seriously. According to current Swedish laws;
  • if the crime is to be considered as "mild" (up to the judge to decide), it can lead to a maximum sentence of two (2) years in prison.
  • if the crime is to be considered as "severe" (up to the judge to decide), it will lead to a minimum sentence of six (6) months in prison and at most six (6) years in prison.
Source:
https://lagen.nu/1962:700#K4P9cS1

My opinion: considering the amount of users who
You sir, will be remembered as a legend if you fulfill this!

Good luck and have fun,
I've never done illegally and never will.

But trolls here are so happy to finally have something that's worth looking into even though it's not what they think.
People use custom bots with keyloggers and trojans and get hacked by the thousands every month... meh.. why do something?
I accidentally had a deactivated old screenshot method from pre-mastercores.. OMG POLICE NOW!!!!!!!

Anyway.. for the "non-trolls" if curious if the story didn't come up here yet (I didn't check if it did because OTLand isn't my place to be, and I'm only here to report the illegal actions of sharing my information, oh wait.. that's illegal too! but.. looking at it the person above did more illegal than I did because mine wasn't illegal to begin with!

Anyway, for the second time..
Last year I sketched up ideas for a new feature, that would allow players to have their screenshots sent to website so they could manage images on their account panel (you know, like steam).
So I was playing around with the codes, testing and testing (on local test-server).
The client first needs a valid token, given by the game, so that's where it started, so I set it up like that, I made game send token and client would take a test-screen and send it to the website.
That's why I made it triggered by the game, it needs the token to verify who the image comes from and for security reasons for people who want to attack that part of website.
However I noticed that it would freeze the client when it would do the transfer.. and then it hit me that players with mobile internet and limited data would be so screwed by such a system, so I stopped working on it, and it's been deactivated since.
And I didn't remove the code in the client, kind of forgot it was there to be honest.
But the receiving end on the website has been deactivated since before November, I can prove that, and have to proper people.

But here are the facts, this could be researched by anyone with slight experience.
1: the newest screenshot method, which uses the graphical engine to capture the client, is more lightweight and safer, yet some people have issues because their antivirus will block it, and the client will crash.. if you go to RetroCores community and say you have client crashes and why that is.. people will ask if you have auto-screenshots on.
That's clue one, that the things I'm being accused on isn't even active, since nobody has had a client crash without auto-screenshots have been enabled.
Especially seeing that a full-desktop print is more dangerous in antiviruses than one limited to itself.
there's clue one.

2: while uploading, the client freezes during the transfer, if I was actually taking secret pictures.. lots of people would notice.
there's clue two.

3: consider the number of people moving through RetroCores, and the number of haters who would love dirt on me (as seen in this thread, probably), it would take like a week... before someone notices and captured such transfers.
Not to mention that the screenshot is LITERALLY creating an image in the client visible to the naked eye.. yes.. very secret and hidden there.. yeah the filetype was changed to something else (don't remember what, maybe .dat), but still.. wouldn't it be easier to hide such thing by not creating the image and just saving the data of the image in memory and sending it from there instead of creating a physical file? just saying...
There's clue three..

4: (edited and added, forgot this one)
The code that the.. "crackers" got.. there they found this screenshot.. is spammed down with debuggers that send messages to the terminal if each function was loaded..
No officially used system has that.. that's a BIG clue that this system wasn't used officially..
So.. there's clue 4...

Now.. what's the goal?
Am I supposed to take print every 1 minute, making everyone freeze.. hope to obtain the name of someone's bank?
Am I supposed to login to your Paypal and send your money to me?

Either how you look at it, all the things that I would do or are accused of, would quickly lead back to me and I'd be screwed legally.

Like said, I've never done illegal and I never will..
For god sake, as said by the one breaking laws and outing my information, I'm 30+, I have a family.. and I run a rather large game.. do I really sound like some dirty basement smoker who don't care what happens to him?

You guys can believe WHATEVER you want, literally.. believe, report me.. do whatever you want.. it will not change the fact that whatever I'm accused of is completely wrong and I'd actually be happy to show authorities and let them run through everything I own to prove it.
look at all my burned DVD containing game and website backups and everything.. I'm completely fine with it.

It's such a shame, that trolls and haters can't leave me alone for a second.. but guess what?
Trolls and haters have been following me around for over 10 years.. you didn't succeed in making me retire before.. you're not going to succeed now either.
Screw you.. I'm a stubborn fuck and everyone knows it.. screw with me.. thanks.. you just make me stronger!

For the non-trolls viewers, I'm terribly sorry I sound so sassy, but.. imagine dealing with this kind of bullshit.. trolls outing your information, DDos, hacker attacks and so on.. for 10+ years..
Well.. you get the point...

See you guys!

For god sake, as said by the one breaking laws and outing my information, I'm 30+, I have a family.. and I run a rather large game.. do I really sound like some dirty basement smoker who don't care what happens to him?
You definitely sound like a smoker, and I don't mean tobacco.
This was one of the worst reads I had in a long time and you should really get your shit together.

You are tricking no one.

Last edited:
Well.. I hope you are right Marcus, but fact is that what you have done might actually constitute a crime. And the legal contract you have on your website is not enough to install spyware on other peoples' computers. Not all criminals look like criminals. If you truly had no intention of causing harm to other people, that might be seen as... eh.. förmildrande omständigheter.... but you should prepare for a fine atleast.

And for fucks sake, stop infecting people with spyware. It is NOT okay to take screenshots of other peoples' computers without consent -.-

Good luck and have fun,

But trolls here are so happy to finally have something that's worth looking into even though it's not what they think.
People use custom bots with keyloggers and trojans and get hacked by the thousands every month... meh.. why do something?
I accidentally had a deactivated old screenshot method from pre-mastercores.. OMG POLICE NOW!!!!!!!

Anyway.. for the "non-trolls" if curious if the story didn't come up here yet (I didn't check if it did because OTLand isn't my place to be, and I'm only here to report the illegal actions of sharing my information, oh wait.. that's illegal too! but.. looking at it the person above did more illegal than I did because mine wasn't illegal to begin with!

Last year I sketched up ideas for a new feature, that would allow players to have their screenshots sent to website so they could manage images on their account panel (you know, like steam).
So I was playing around with the codes, testing and testing (on local test-server).
The client first needs a valid token, given by the game, so that's where it started, so I set it up like that, I made game send token and client would take a test-screen and send it to the website.
That's why I made it triggered by the game, it needs the token to verify who the image comes from and for security reasons for people who want to attack that part of website.
However I noticed that it would freeze the client when it would do the transfer.. and then it hit me that players with mobile internet and limited data would be so screwed by such a system, so I stopped working on it, and it's been deactivated since.
And I didn't remove the code in the client, kind of forgot it was there to be honest.
But the receiving end on the website has been deactivated since before November, I can prove that, and have to proper people.

But here are the facts, this could be researched by anyone with slight experience.
1: the newest screenshot method, which uses the graphical engine to capture the client, is more lightweight and safer, yet some people have issues because their antivirus will block it, and the client will crash.. if you go to RetroCores community and say you have client crashes and why that is.. people will ask if you have auto-screenshots on.
That's clue one, that the things I'm being accused on isn't even active, since nobody has had a client crash without auto-screenshots have been enabled.
Especially seeing that a full-desktop print is more dangerous in antiviruses than one limited to itself.
there's clue one.

2: while uploading, the client freezes during the transfer, if I was actually taking secret pictures.. lots of people would notice.
there's clue two.

3: consider the number of people moving through RetroCores, and the number of haters who would love dirt on me (as seen in this thread, probably), it would take like a week... before someone notices and captured such transfers.
Not to mention that the screenshot is LITERALLY creating an image in the client visible to the naked eye.. yes.. very secret and hidden there.. yeah the filetype was changed to something else (don't remember what, maybe .dat), but still.. wouldn't it be easier to hide such thing by not creating the image and just saving the data of the image in memory and sending it from there instead of creating a physical file? just saying...
There's clue three..

The code that the.. "crackers" got.. there they found this screenshot.. is spammed down with debuggers that send messages to the terminal if each function was loaded..
No officially used system has that.. that's a BIG clue that this system wasn't used officially..
So.. there's clue 4...

Now.. what's the goal?
Am I supposed to take print every 1 minute, making everyone freeze.. hope to obtain the name of someone's bank?

Either how you look at it, all the things that I would do or are accused of, would quickly lead back to me and I'd be screwed legally.

You guys can believe WHATEVER you want, literally.. believe, report me.. do whatever you want.. it will not change the fact that whatever I'm accused of is completely wrong and I'd actually be happy to show authorities and let them run through everything I own to prove it.
look at all my burned DVD containing game and website backups and everything.. I'm completely fine with it.

It's such a shame, that trolls and haters can't leave me alone for a second.. but guess what?
Trolls and haters have been following me around for over 10 years.. you didn't succeed in making me retire before.. you're not going to succeed now either.
Screw you.. I'm a stubborn fuck and everyone knows it.. screw with me.. thanks.. you just make me stronger!

For the non-trolls viewers, I'm terribly sorry I sound so sassy, but.. imagine dealing with this kind of bullshit.. trolls outing your information, DDos, hacker attacks and so on.. for 10+ years..

See you guys!

Why do I have a report.dat in my config folder made 6/2 -22?

Good luck and have fun,

there's clue one.

there's clue two.

There's clue three..

So.. there's clue 4...

Now.. what's the goal?

See you guys!

Then let him sue you, lend him the information he needs and, if he is wrong you got nothing to worry about. This is a good solution to prove your innocent and everyone can read about the case.

You have been doing this for 10 years, this could be your downfall. Since you work 10 hours, every day (you said this yourself). This might be a terrible way to lose your whole corporation.

Good luck and have fun,

there's clue one.

there's clue two.

There's clue three..

So.. there's clue 4...

Now.. what's the goal?

See you guys!

What is your registered company name in Sweden?
It is public information and not illegal to share at all :)
Or are you also not paying taxes on the income from your servers...?

Also, at this point it does not matter what you say to defend yourself. You have literally violated the data laws of Sweden. Not to mention the data laws in all other player's countries as well.

Back