• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RME 3.6.1 - Different walls don't combine.

Solution
If you want to fix it, open the borders and grounds xm files in your rme folder, find the grounds or borders that are broken and fix the ids.
This thread is about walls and their missing connection, not about grounds and borders. Or don't I get it?
Post automatically merged:

Ok. I'm some lazy ass and use RME 2.2 from now on, cuz every wall connected to each other and all tiles are loaded and are ready to use. ^^
Hello everyone.
I can't combine for example a stone wall and a framework wall.
Map version: 8.6
RME version: 3.6.1
Mod in use: OpenTibia - [RME 3.x] RME Modification 3 [8.6 version] (https://otland.net/threads/rme-3-x-rme-modification-3-8-6-version.269151/)
View attachment 60594
Edit: Tested it without the mod: Not working too. Maybe it's an setting problem?
Seems like you have autoborder on (press the key A to toggle or go into Border Options), and then drag the piece you're wanting to put over it instead of clicking the brush directly on it~

Disable autoborder (A) - copy the stone wall (crtl+C) and paste it (ctrl + v) - then you can enable auto border again.

If you want the framework wall to be on top - repeat the process with the framekwork wall and it will display on top of the stone wall.

1627160351123.png

It's still a bug and this workaround is not cool I must say. You really work this way?
I think it is related to the setting
Lua:
<friend name="framework wall" redirect="true"/>
in the walls.xml.
Because e.g. framework walls and damaged framework walls connect to each other and have this entry set.
The same applies to the egypt wall and the egypt stone wall.

Edit: I was right. Tested it with the brick wall.
Bild_2021-07-24_231237.png

Problem solved. I've added this to my walls.xml - framework wall section.
Lua:
<friend name="stone wall" redirect="true"/>
</brush>
Ofc with autoborder on. :)

Sad fact: Only one friend for each wall type possible. Otherwise the client crashes at map loadup.
But I actually got what I need.

Here in Germany it is now quite late. I will look again tomorrow and give feedback here in the thread.

Attachments

• Bild_2021-07-24_232027.png
    Bild_2021-07-24_232027.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 1 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
If you want to fix it, open the borders and grounds xm files in your rme folder, find the grounds or borders that are broken and fix the ids.

This thread is about walls and their missing connection, not about grounds and borders. Or don't I get it?

Ok. I'm some lazy ass and use RME 2.2 from now on, cuz every wall connected to each other and all tiles are loaded and are ready to use. ^^

Attachments

• Bild_2021-07-25_105403.png
    Bild_2021-07-25_105403.png
    965.6 KB · Views: 4 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Solution

Extemely lazy, given you could jut copy the brushes and doodad xml files and put them into the direcory of the newer one to fix it

Even if you fixed it, I guarantee you'd eventually find some tiles that don't meet up the way you want to using auto border.

Extemely lazy, given you could jut copy the brushes and doodad xml files and put them into the direcory of the newer one to fix it

Even if you fixed it, I guarantee you'd eventually find some tiles that don't meet up the way you want to using auto border.
Already tried that. The client didn't started after it.
For me, the main 3.x branch needs to get fixed walls first to use it again.

Back