• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Screenshots for Red.

Demon Overlord

Yep. Thats me.
Reaction score
Here you go, I managed to load it all up on my other computer and took 5 screenshots. Myth asked me to make a small island so thats what i ended up doing, Enjoy i hope? Lol. was a temple of warrior monks (This is how it played out in my mind) And it was invaded by orcs and everyone was killed but the orcs stayed behind.

CyntaraMap1.jpg

CyntaraMap2.jpg

CyntaraMap3.jpg

CyntaraMap4.jpg

CyntaraMap5.jpg

For future reference, take off the shading of levels, and all the other glows.

I think your mapping, at least in this piece, has potential. In my opinion, you need to work on smaller details. My recommendation would be to play around with RAW pallet, and mainly look at other peoples mapping. Otland has an excellent section dedicated to mapping, and that is where I learned most of what I know.

Here is an example of a Nightmare spawn I was making, but never finished:
Nspawnpic2.jpg

And you may have seen this extension I made to bkb's in Cyntara:
BKBcastleedit.jpg

Hopefully my input helped a bit. I strongly would encourage you to check out the mapping section of Otland, b/c you can generate good ideas there, and see how other mappers work.

-DM

Yea i know, You said make a small island, So thats what i did, And for the life of me i couldnt think of what to make when i first started making it, I didnt want to do something Cyntara al;ready had cause i thought that would be just like a copy of whats there, So i came up with that. ANd i did add detail, Check the grave stones, Check the book upstairs, Look around for things, Its hard to see but theres stuff there, bloodstains, Cobwebs, broken swords. Etc.

And considering you just said 'Make an island' I dont think i did to bad with nothing to go off of.

Carbon why are you flaming? His maps weren't that bad, you couldn't do any better... Your just a dirty mexican who if was asked to map you'd probally cover the grounds with carrots and maybe even try to put some burritos in there. So please gtfo

On another note, demon those don't look that bad, good job

his map sucks, u sucks,
myths owned him
so go suck some dick or shave ur pussy
btw, i am not a fucking mexican, thx bye ur bitch

his map sucks, u sucks,
myths owned him
so go suck some dick or shave ur pussy
btw, i am not a fucking mexican, thx bye ur bitch

I'm not trying to compete with him, just give him some tips on how to improve his mapping. :ninja:

I'm not trying to compete with him, just give him some tips on how to improve his mapping. :ninja:

Yea it felt slightly like a slap upside the head, I made what i could with what you said you wanted, Which was an island. Next time try and give me a better or more thorough description of what you want, Now im working on a map with an idea from Enigmatic (777777)

Dr. Herbert West's Creations have overrun the city and slaughtered everyone alive! Only you can be the one to save the city from being completely infested by these mad creations!!!

CyntaraMassacre.jpg

More to come soon!

doin well demon looks mad
dnt know why u waste ur time with cyntara u should make ur own OT u have the skill to do it

btw Utorrent ftw lol

Yes, Demon does have the potential to make an OT, However he is to lazy to do it ^.^

Yea it felt slightly like a slap upside the head, I made what i could with what you said you wanted, Which was an island. Next time try and give me a better or more thorough description of what you want, Now im working on a map with an idea from Enigmatic (777777)

In my opinion, it takes away the creativity is someone tells you what to map. I just wanted to see some of your mapping and style. Overall, I think you are more concerned with the story of your map than the map itself.

Hope this helped,
-DM

In my opinion, it takes away the creativity is someone tells you what to map. I just wanted to see some of your mapping and style. Overall, I think you are more concerned with the story of your map than the map itself.

Hope this helped,
-DM

Well, Most of the time every map has to have a storyline or else it is to hard to create something. You can't just put things down and say its good. I am not a proffensional mapper myself, therefore I am in no position to criticize your advice, and maybe he may be to concerned but you do not want him to become unconcerned all together ^_^

Hope this helped,
-DM

So if Red wanted you to make a spawn he doesnt tell you what to put in it? Im not saying give bit by bit, Im saying something like, 'Make an orc place' Etc.

Back