• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server Upgrading

dumdumpop

Reaction score
So I'm expecting people to shit on this question, but nonetheless its what I remember and what I'd ideally like to use.

So I'm looking to create a server, from scratch, and the types of servers I was familiar with (haven't messed with this since '07ish) were XML Servers.. I've learned to use SQL but there just not the same to me lol the XML was just so simple and convenient.

That being said, can someone explain to me, preferably with the least amount of flaming / trolling possible, how I can upgrade an XML server to the newest tibia client?

Thanks in advance everyone, I appreciate the help ^^

EDIT: Haven't been on these forums in years, I like that I can now officially EDIT a post instead of having to post a ton of times lol nice addition

Also like that I'm still a new member and it says I joined in April 3, 2010 xD

you can't, just download tfs 1.1 and try to import your scripts there, accounts and players will be on sql
Very fast response, thank you very much :D
Okay now one more question for ah then, I'm looking to reprogram a decent amount of the server. By that I mean changing a lot of what happens with items, what happens with spell books etc. is this possible with sql? (very new to the SQL game)

Would be faster to implement xml loading to 1.1 tbh but still not even worth it.

What do you mean? All of the code pretty much is written in C++ and LUA so depending on what you want to happen you will have to modify one of them.

Would be faster to implement xml loading to 1.1 tbh but still not even worth it.

What do you mean? All of the code pretty much is written in C++ and LUA so depending on what you want to happen you will have to modify one of them.

That's exactly what I was wondering, I just wanted to make sure SQL doesn't restrict people to making traditional tibia servers.
Its hard to explain, as I make progress into the server I'll post more and more about what's happening in it and it'll make a lot more sense lol
I've been studying Lua and C++, both of which I plan on editing in the server to make it completely different.

Thanks for the help guys ^^

Very fast response, thank you very much :D
Okay now one more question for ah then, I'm looking to reprogram a decent amount of the server. By that I mean changing a lot of what happens with items, what happens with spell books etc. is this possible with sql? (very new to the SQL game)
Mostly you will be using LUA.
After you download the TFS version (suggesting to start from TFS 1.1)
open up the luascript.cpp file from source.
You will find lot of LUA commands there, what you can do with whatever.

That's exactly what I was wondering, I just wanted to make sure SQL doesn't restrict people to making traditional tibia servers.
Its hard to explain, as I make progress into the server I'll post more and more about what's happening in it and it'll make a lot more sense lol
I've been studying Lua and C++, both of which I plan on editing in the server to make it completely different.

Thanks for the help guys ^^

Well the things that are in the database are things the server does not need to save when the server restarts / player logs etc.
Ex. player health, equipment, etc etc
So no you are not restricted by it.

Mostly you will be using LUA.
After you download the TFS version (suggesting to start from TFS 1.1)
open up the luascript.cpp file from source.
You will find lot of LUA commands there, what you can do with whatever.
Awesome! Saved me another post ^^ Thanks haha

Well the things that are in the database are things the server does not need to save when the server restarts / player logs etc.
Ex. player health, equipment, etc etc
So no you are not restricted by it.

Perfect! Maybe the whole SQL thing wont be so awful after all ^^

Back