• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MySQL Setting up link and Getting everything ready.

Tachi

Reaction score
There are alot of posts on how to get a sql server running.. yet alot of people ask how to do it still.. heres a few links i have found fast.. Notice.. i do not take any credit for these.. and im just putting them all together in sections to help people that dont under stand sql.. i will also be adding a video on how i fully set up my sql server..(using windows xp pro.)

MySql Setting up..
How to Setup a MySQL Database (with photos) -By:Kedor
Let's get started with SQL! (MySQL) -By:Timax25
All steps how to create a TFS -By:Jocce
[Tutorial] How to Setup a MySQL Database (Updated and Detailed Guide) -By:Nikolas

Using and Setting up SQLite
Using your SQLite database! -By:pedro B.

My Video on how i setup and installed and started MySQL
Coming soon...

Also.. i only found one tutorial on how to create a god char.. but when you import the sql file from the server you already create the "groups" Table.. so heres how you can create a gm..
When you goto the Groups section up at the top make sure you hit "BROWSE" ( i think this is the most common mistake!)
First after you have the sql set up. And your sql file imported. you can edit your char's into gm's/gods.

In this screen shot you can edit the name of what you want your god's and gm's to be... Ex..

After you set all the names.. (example of how to set names..)

So lets say you want to keep the tutor position.. but want a senior tutor... what you could do it open the tutor one.. set the id to 3 (changing the god/gm to 4/5) and then editing the flags to how you want and then goto the bottom and you'll see..

Select "insert new row" from the drop down menu. Then click go!

After you have all that set and edited how you want it.. you need to change the player id of your god/gm char in the place the chars are saved...(example of how to get there and edit...)

After this what i did was edit my commands.xml, since i could not get the account type to work in sql and what i did seems to work... just open commands.xml and set every accounttype to 1..

Example:
"<command cmd="/owner" group="6" acctype="1"/> Changes owner of house"

Change the bold/underlinded one in every selection to 1....

Then login and you should be able to be a god/gm/tutor/ect...

If this needs improving let me know.. this is how i edited my char's to be god's/gm's..

Hope this all in one section helps a few people..

Sql is the way to go.. seeing no one really makes many xml servers anymore..

I started sql about 3 months ago.. i thought it was really hard the first week.. but if you take some time to play around with settings and stuff it becomes more easier..

Also i will add a small video on how to do setain tasks in MySql.. if someone know's SQLite.. or has it and would like to make a video for it please post below with the link and ill add it to my main post

Thanks...
Tachi

Also if you think it's worthy.. mabye you could sticky it.. so people dont have to search for it and you'll have less threads searching for stuff like this.. (even thouhg theres only 2 pages for now..)

Last edited:
Back