• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Shaders/GM outline in OTClient

anandas

Reaction score
Hi, Is there any content on how to get shaders to work, like the outline of a gm? I scoured through the forum and even though i found multiple posts about wings/shaders/auras and even a gm outline as well nothing seemed relevant towards helping my case as every possible guide seemed to be using another client, like otcv8. And im not knowledgeable at all about the possible compatibilities between clients, even though i tried to find the functions to alter in the source code that some solutions here provided to get shaders to work.

Im using tfs 1.4 and edubart otclient v0.6.6, it's supposed to be possible, i just don't know how.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Just dowload otclient v8 , and add 1 module its hard because maybe need a msv2022 for recompile the commits :X

Im using tfs 1.4 and edubart otclient v0.6.6, it's supposed to be possible, i just don't know how.
There are 3 popular OTClient versions:

'Shaders' - otcv8-dev/modules/game_shaders/shaders.lua at 3d32139512cc4576b105682c3579f18fe0d534e4 · OTCv8/otcv8-dev (https://github.com/OTCv8/otcv8-dev/blob/3d32139512cc4576b105682c3579f18fe0d534e4/modules/game_shaders/shaders.lua) - is a feature made by OTCv8 author. It's enabled by (otcv8-dev/modules/gamelib/const.lua at 3d32139512cc4576b105682c3579f18fe0d534e4 · OTCv8/otcv8-dev (https://github.com/OTCv8/otcv8-dev/blob/3d32139512cc4576b105682c3579f18fe0d534e4/modules/gamelib/const.lua#L191) )
Lua:
GameOutfitShaders = 106
There is also a lot of C++ and Lua code related to it in OTCv8.

It was somehow implemented-replicated in OTClient-Redemption (Mehah OTC) - after OTCv8 author released source code of OTCv8 ( GitHub - OTCv8/otcv8-dev: OTCv8 Development repository (source code) (https://github.com/OTCv8/otcv8-dev) ):
but shaders .lua code looks different:

OTC by Edubart (ex. v0.6.6) was mostly abandoned in 2016 - there are few updates 'to make it compile' - and last feature added was (it was in 2016!):

There are 3 popular OTClient versions:

'Shaders' - otcv8-dev/modules/game_shaders/shaders.lua at 3d32139512cc4576b105682c3579f18fe0d534e4 · OTCv8/otcv8-dev (https://github.com/OTCv8/otcv8-dev/blob/3d32139512cc4576b105682c3579f18fe0d534e4/modules/game_shaders/shaders.lua) - is a feature made by OTCv8 author. It's enabled by (otcv8-dev/modules/gamelib/const.lua at 3d32139512cc4576b105682c3579f18fe0d534e4 · OTCv8/otcv8-dev (https://github.com/OTCv8/otcv8-dev/blob/3d32139512cc4576b105682c3579f18fe0d534e4/modules/gamelib/const.lua#L191) )
Lua:
GameOutfitShaders = 106
There is also a lot of C++ and Lua code related to it in OTCv8.

It was somehow implemented-replicated in OTClient-Redemption (Mehah OTC) - after OTCv8 author released source code of OTCv8 ( GitHub - OTCv8/otcv8-dev: OTCv8 Development repository (source code) (https://github.com/OTCv8/otcv8-dev) ):
but shaders .lua code looks different:

OTC by Edubart (ex. v0.6.6) was mostly abandoned in 2016 - there are few updates 'to make it compile' - and last feature added was (it was in 2016!):
Hey, thank you very much for the detailed explanation about the differences between the main OTClients and their shader implementations. If I can't figure it out or if it's just not possible, I'll probably use the OTCV8.

However, I would appreciate it if you or anyone else could clarify whether shaders, such as the GM outline, can be implemented in v0.6.6 by edubart, since its source code includes OpenGL and shader C++ units. Additionally, if it is possible and wouldn't be an absolute insane task, how would one go about starting? (I realize that asking for a starting guide might be a bit much, but I thought I should ask.)

Thank you!

Hey, thank you very much for the detailed explanation about the differences between the main OTClients and their shader implementations. If I can't figure it out or if it's just not possible, I'll probably use the OTCV8.

However, I would appreciate it if you or anyone else could clarify whether shaders, such as the GM outline, can be implemented in v0.6.6 by edubart, since its source code includes OpenGL and shader C++ units. Additionally, if it is possible and wouldn't be an absolute insane task, how would one go about starting? (I realize that asking for a starting guide might be a bit much, but I thought I should ask.)

Thank you!
To be sure, OTCv8 does not at all get better performance in walking/fps than mehah's. I CONSTANTLY get messages from users asking me to "fix" the "walking" in otcv8.

OTCv8 is trash, and anyone who says otherwise, just wants your money.

Can they explain what's the problem of the walking?
I honestly didn't spend any time on trying to discern the problem, the only reason I even knew about it in the first place was because I was trying to help someone who messaged me about it, and thought it was a problem with OTX, I spent some time trying to narrow the problem down, and got it narrowed down to being only an issue when running OTCv8.

Since I refuse to spend any time helping anyone use OTCv8, I honestly don't know what the problem is and could care less... however, just a few seconds of some keywords and I found all these threads:

If one were to just look specifically in support forum with OTCv8, I am positive they will find more threads with the same problem, but just not worded with the word "walking".

At any rate, I just wanted to be clear about how garbage OTCv8 actually is nowadays... if people don't want to believe it, or still want to use it, that's their problem, but it's definitely not a problem with OTC-Redemption.

Since I refuse to spend any time helping anyone use OTCv8

What's the reason behind it?
OTCv8 is still the most used OTC atm
I don't even know 5 ots with mehah otc tbh :D

And about the threads: Wasn't any crazy problem there
3 threads there could be solved just by turning on 1 feature :D

What's the reason behind it?
OTCv8 is still the most used OTC atm
I don't even know 5 ots with mehah otc tbh :D

And about the threads: Wasn't any crazy problem there
3 threads there could be solved just by turning on 1 feature :D
Because its a client that literally embodies the faults of this community, but hey, if the masses are jumping off bridges 🤷‍♂️

Back