• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Shoutbox

On bigger forums like these it would be flooded by noobs.

Maby admins should do more ranks like 30 or more posts the shoutbox will be visible

wouldnt be that bad of an idea. but it would still be spammed. there is no point in having a shoutbox in a forum with this many members...

Sony, but think, maby it is a way to do a channels in shoutbox. I'm not sure but i think Dream's Chatbox got this function. I must check on my friends site coz i'm not 100% sure. I will porst the name of the sb here in about 15 min.

This suggestion has been requested before. You can just use the msn chat room :)

Snel,
I dont have msn and i hate it,
Sb is much better if we make channels like mapping, technical, default etc. all will work better and there will be less noobish posts, i did something like this on my forum and belive me it is good idea.

Snel,
I dont have msn and i hate it,
Sb is much better if we make channels like mapping, technical, default etc. all will work better and there will be less noobish posts, i did something like this on my forum and belive me it is good idea.

It might've been a good idea on a small forum. But this forum has almost 25,000 members. If everyone of them would be in the shoutbox, there'd surely be people that just wanted to destroy for others, spamming so that the ones that needs help can't read what the other one answers.

If you're using Yahoo then you can still join the group, since it's compatible with that too.

Also, what's the reason you hate MSN? It's a nice software to get in touch with people you know, and sure, it's got lots of ads. But that's what's making it free to use. And if it's the client there's lots of options; Penguin and aMSN are two of them.

It's easier for us to moderate the forum boards, rather than a shoutbox, so I don't think a shoutbox will be added, like said before.

I added the pool.
I hate msn coz everytime when i tried to login i coudnt, thats why.
I prefer using skype.
And moderating SB it is not that hard way you just putting /clean command and all junk is cleaned.

I added the pool.
I hate msn coz everytime when i tried to login i coudnt, thats why.
I prefer using skype.
And moderating SB it is not that hard way you just putting /clean command and all junk is cleaned.

Well, that's a nice reason? Why not just try again? I've never had any problems with that... :p

I dont like the MSN either.

Also, Empty, about ~25000 members, yea, maybe otland has that many but how many active?

OtLand said:
Currently Active Users: 401 (246 members and 155 guests)

Which gives 246 shoutbox members + not all will use it.

I say no, its just a spamthing, we got the otland msn group and Irc already. With these we can exclude and ban people from it. With a shoutbox we can't ban people from it I think. Also I just think it shouldn't be a part of the forum.

If a shoutbox will come, then I hope it gets on a different page, not the forum. But I hope it doesn't come at all.

Create an IRC channel with a Java applet here on otland for easy access to people who haven't used IRC before.

May I say ... best suggestion in this thread?

Sux shoutbox, has have n00bs spammers!!!
Me vote NO!

MSN Chat is better ;)

Edit... first 100 posts! (naab!) jajajaja

Back