• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solving common mapping errors (questions)

Zysen

=)
Reaction score
Map Editor FAQ:

Hello.I will show you all mapping errors/questions that the new mappers always ask how to solve. :w00t:

Remere's Map Editor​

1.Error

Code:
Could not locate Tibia.dat and/or Tibia.spr, please navigate to your X.XX server installation folder.

This error is very simple to fix;

• Press OK

• Locate Your Client Path (C:\Program Files\Tibia)

When you locate your server path,the map should load.If it don't loads,download the client you need for mapping.

2.How to change client versions?

It's very simple,just follow these steps:

• Press CTRL + P or click the tab Map > Properties

• Change the client version to which ever you like (NOTICE: If you downgrade client versions, some sprites may turn into invalid tiles.)

3.How do I import monsters/npcs in RME?

This is just another simple question.Follow the steps:

• Click the tab File>Import>Import Monsters/NPCs
  • Locate the desired monster and click OK(IMPORTANT: When you import Monsters,the imported monsters will be in the `Others` category)

4.Creating Quest Chests

NOTICE: This will work for any type of containers!

Chest: The chest you will use for quest.
Actionid: Leave the actionid as 2000 always, if you want it to give you the item.
Storage Value:place a number in the uniqueid slot, it will act as a storage value, which prevents you to do the quest multiple times. Make sure you use a storage value that is not in use.
Reward: Put your reward in the chest.You can add multiple items there also.

I0EQFDEqPA.png

5.Using keys/doors

How to use a key to open a locked door?
It's also simple question.

All you need to have is to have matching actionids for door and the key.
Example: Key = 2109
Door = 2109

6.Map moving

Look at this video YouTube - Map Cuting Tutorial.If you want to copy upper floors to lower levels you can do it by going to:

Edit > Selection > Lower Floors (copies the current floor being viewed, and the lower floors, including caves) or
Visible Floors (only copying the floors you can see(visible ones) - floors 0-7, and also 8-15)

I hope I helped you!

Sincerely,
Zysen

Nice, I didn't knew the key crap, and the quest shit I heard last week.
Also, I got f*cked up real hard, because I made a real big map with TP's (like 30 hunts, 10 quests + inq (downloaded)). But yesterday almost everything got removed, like it is cutted out! Only the most north-western side is still ''alive''! So do you know how to solve that, retrieving the whole map?

Back