• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Some questions about OT before upload OT to dedical server

kafar1

Reaction score
Hello!

Can someone explain me what condition should be server (OpenTibia) before upload it to dedicated server.
I mean, OT shoudn't be compiled and have got any scripts. Must be clear tfs?? and later when ill put this into dedicated server ill add there all scripts in maps and server configs, acc maker.

Or i can edit my tfs and map with scripts and when i will try to put this to dedicated server. I will not have any problems with copying??

Of course you can upload a TFS which already is edited, it doesn't make a diffrence.

If your using linux you can't use the .exe file to run the server.

I would recommend to have all scripts/maps ready so you can start the server asap when you got the dedicated server.

Make sure that all your xml files have the EXACT same name on the scripts / folders. Otherwise it will tell you that it can't find it. Only that can save you a day or so, (depending on how much time you have to waste) by doing it on your computer insted. And remove the dll files and exe file when you upload, goes abit faster.

Back