• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Spellbook suggestions please

whitevo

Feeling good, thats what I do.
Solutions
Reaction score
Alright, a lil more insight from my upcoming server.
All vocations start with 1 spell.
Rest of the spells are found in-game using scrolls.
when you 'look' scroll, you see spell information:
level, vocation, effect, mana cost, exhaust.
when you 'use' scroll, you learn the spell (if level and vocation are correct and you havent learned the spell before)

Now all these spells are new, ofcourse i will add the spell information to webpage too so ppl can compare spells and see where they can loot it or whatnot.
but if player simply forgets the spell or its effect, it would be too inconvenient to open webpage because of it.

Current solutions i though of are these:
1. in the Quest Log i add section: Spellbook
and under there you can see spell information

2. use command. !spells and new window panel pops up where you can see spells and their information.
i would like that but i'm not sure is it even possible to do. If it requires some next level client changing skills, then doesn't look like good idea anymore, but if its scriptable, i sure would like it.

Any more ideas how could i make comfortable spellbook like thing for players?

Have a spellbook in your bp which weights 0.10 oz where you can see all the current useable spells?

it will look ugly.
if player has learned 10different spells, he will have to scroll down alot to find the correct spell. not to mention i might have 255 character limit problem (if there is limit for characters)

not if it creates a 2window panel (like quest log)
There is list of spell names. When you click on spellname. spell description will open in the second panel under it. if you click on different spell name. the previous spell description will be changed with the new spell information you just clicked on.

right now i only know how to do it in quest log, but maybe there are better options and maybe its not that hard to make script for new panels what opens with command

Use a modal Window(if you're using tfs 1.0) where you add all the spells like this:
//
Flame Strike (Unobtained) //Checking if the player has learned the spell then write Unobtained or Obtained
Ice Strike (Obtained)
//
Then you just open a normal textDialog window where you add information about the spell for example:
//
Flame Strike:
Level requirement: 15
Vocation: Sorcerer, Druid
Mana cost: 20
CoolDown: 11 seconds
Element: Fire
How to obtain:
Through etcetcetc,
//
Regards Alw

Does this modalwindow opens 1window or i can make it open 2 Windows where in one of them is spell name and in the other one, spell information

Cant check it atm, not in computer

I dont want it to be a wall of text type dialogue, where all learned spells come in 1 row.

Yes, first you make one as i said with the spell names like this:
Flame strike (Learned)
Ice Strike (Not Learned)
The you chose one of those and click on it, then it'll open a other window where the spell information is.
Regards Alw

ModalWindow it is!
Altougth i wont add not learned spells (to keep the curiosity up)

Back