• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Starting a private server is unnecessarily complex. :(

Gigaboom24

Reaction score
I appreciate that people are keeping old-school tibia alive with these Github repos. However, I have tried docker containers, a virtual machine with ubuntu, windows. The list of stuff I needed to install to play my own server is massive and I failed several times. I lost interest in starting my own private server, unfortunately. It is way too unnecessarily complex. Can a wizard please package it nicely so I don't have to dive into intermediate DevOps to play?

which server do you want? .2 .0? .6 ? 10.x ? 12.x? i will post with a tutorial is very easy

I get it might be difficult to get started with everything, don't get frustrated trying to get it to work. I would suggest trying to understand the problems related to it, research some and try to get it to work/understand these common errors that you may encounter!

Initially you may think that you only need to get your server running and that's it, but reality if far from that if you wish to implement more, the experience gained from fail and trial will guide you to success.😃

However, I have tried docker containers, a virtual machine with ubuntu, windows.
I tried to run OTS inside docker container, but it works only, if database is also inside other docker container - this problem is only on Windows. On Linux you can run OTS inside container and MySQL on real machine.
Windows - a lot of problems :(

When someone ask me how to fix some OTS issue on Windows, I always answer:
You will faster learn how to run OTS on Linux, than how to fix issues on Windows.
Can a wizard please package it nicely so I don't have to dive into intermediate DevOps to play?
For 10.98 client.
Download TFS 1.4.1 release:
Download XAMPP:
Download Gesior2012 acc. maker:

I appreciate that people are keeping old-school tibia alive with these Github repos. However, I have tried docker containers, a virtual machine with ubuntu, windows. The list of stuff I needed to install to play my own server is massive and I failed several times. I lost interest in starting my own private server, unfortunately. It is way too unnecessarily complex. Can a wizard please package it nicely so I don't have to dive into intermediate DevOps to play?
You used a vm with both windows and ubuntu, on each system failed at trying to set up a private server? Man, Yeah I feel you, it is rough getting started, but I would suggest starting on home machine without the VM first, to establish first hand knowledge of how to get it working. Only two things necessary to start playing around with it, but the real trinity you want to start with is the gameserver, webserver, databaseserver. Understanding they are three different servers and how to get them communicating properly is the key to being able to do it under different conditions, ie remote, or vm, for instance.
Are you able to at least get your server to startup @Gigaboom24 or does it not run when starting?

starting my own private server, unfortunately. It is way too unnecessarily complex. Can a wizard please package it nicely
i can be wrong but i think u can still find some easy download and run packs in graveyard somewhere if it's just for playing private old tibia server with simple acc maker 1/1 xml files etc

Try this, it's for client 8.6: GitHub - Fir3element/3777 (https://github.com/Fir3element/3777)

You can run this with sqlite instead of an entire goddamn RDBMS, which makes things a little easier. Set database type to sqlite. Binaries are in there too so you don't have to compile. You can mess around on your desktop machine (I assume Windows?) and compile and deploy later on a Linux server when you have something you want to host.

Try this, it's for client 8.6: GitHub - Fir3element/3777 (https://github.com/Fir3element/3777)

You can run this with sqlite instead of an entire goddamn RDBMS, which makes things a little easier. Set database type to sqlite. Binaries are in there too so you don't have to compile. You can mess around on your desktop machine (I assume Windows?) and compile and deploy later on a Linux server when you have something you want to host.
Recommending him 0.4 in 2022
1650893226022.png

Recommending him 0.4 in 2022
View attachment 67299
Read OPs fucking post would you

However, I have tried docker containers, a virtual machine with ubuntu, windows. The list of stuff I needed to install to play my own server is massive and I failed several times. I lost interest in starting my own private server, unfortunately. It is way too unnecessarily complex. Can a wizard please package it nicely so I don't have to dive into intermediate DevOps to play?
I made the relevant part bold for you. Now go and rewrite TFS in rust or something while we try to give him something that he can work with ok Mr. Hexadecimal Satan?

Are there even newer versions of TFS that supports storing data in local files rather than a MySQL instance?
No. Anything other than MySQL got nuked.

Wouldnt he be better off using up-to-date software that he can get support with?
I don't know man would he? Apparently he's not that good off if he isn't able to run anything. Maybe the "up-to-date" software you're speaking of is more like "balls deep in development supporting a quantum superposition of 10.98 and 12.x".

I don't know what your point is, you started two arguments and none of them contain a link to the modern up to date easy to run distro with great community support that OP won't get overwhelmed with that you're speaking of

edit: sorry if I'm being an abrasive dick having a stressful week

Pay someone to set up latest tfs or a nekiro downgrade and hopefully they can teach you at the same time.(or have more patience with the guides)
Then when you inevitably end up on support board people can actually help you since you wont be 10+ years out of date.

In case you have a Linux machine or vps, just use this playbook and everything will be fine. Website, server, basic config.lua already configured, etc.

If you don't care about recent tibia updates, you can also try this docker:

I really appreciate the thoughtful responses. It has been a busy week, so I apologize for not responding sooner. I will not give up, and if it helps I will post any progress I make.

Back