• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Step By Step Tutorial - Creating and Running an OT

angeal1298

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, This is MY TUTORIAL created by ME Angeal1298 If you are going to leech atleast give me SOME credits.
This is very helpful, and it is unique, not alot of tutorials do it the way i do my hosting+running, creating OT's etc.
Rep+ please if this helped you! That would be kind. SORRY no photos =[ Still a good easy tutorial thought :}

Step One:
First of all, I think we should get throught the Hardest Part first, The PortForwarding... =[
Now Portforwarding is always different for everybody, because alot of people have different routers. It's always difficult for begginner Hosters as well, its very confusing. I will surely bear with you on this part. The site you will want to visit for all of your portforwarding needs is the one below:

PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

Now the site itself is confusing for newbies, so i will help you out. When you get to the site, click on their routers section.
You will see the Routers link right in the page, and it will be a brownish colored text. so click that, then you will come to the routers page, look at your router, and you will see the name of the router somewhere on the box, By the way [your router is that box with flashing lights] lol..

After you find your routers brand name, scroll until you find your routers group, look on the bottom of your router for your model number, then click on the router model number that is the same as yours on that page. it will bring you to ANOTHER page. scroll down and find Tibia. click on it. it will give you a detailed guide for your router on portforwarding for tibia.

After you finish with that guide, and finish portforwarding those ports, Portforward this port,
This port is for the no-ip, i will explain no-ip later on in the tutorial.

Step Two :
Now, the worst has passed, time to get to the easy parts.
Download no-ip, which can be found at No-IP - Dynamic DNS, Static DNS for Your Dynamic IP
when you get to the no-ip site, click downloads, and download and install no-ip. after you download no-ip, sign up...
Now that you have singed up, log into your no-ip account.
Click on 'Add' under 'Hosts/Redirects'.
For the hostname, put whatever you want [your server name]
.no-ip.biz or whatever you want. DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING ELSE...
then click 'create host'

Now open up no-ip... Click on Options... Click Use Alternate Port
[check the box]
The Alternate port is port 80, which is why i had you forward port 80 =].
Now click 'OK'.
Now make sure your ip address is always checked, the box must always be checked next to your ip, because if it is not, it wont update itself and it wont work. Normally when the box is check, the spiley face will have a big open mouth smile. When the smiley face has glasses on, and is chill, you have your ip unchecked.
You are done with step Two =]

Step Three :
Getting your Distro, and Running it!
This part is actually the easiest and simplest out of all the steps. Go use the search button for a distro, or look on the download distro part of these forums. Make sure your distro is XML, unless you know how to setup your own Sql distro, i am explaining XML here. Mysql is easy to use, and not easy to setup. and Sql was always much better and more stable than XML. I reccomend XML for begginners.
Well, after you get your XML Distro, Go to the config open it with a text document [notepad], and where it says
'the ip this server writes to'
make the ip the ip of your no-ip server.
and that is pretty much all you do for XML =].
You are done in Config.lua, but you make some more edits if you like, like MOTD, and loginmsg, and exp rates. those are yours to edit. You wont need tutorials on that.

---EXTRA INFORMATION---
there are always wild questions like
how do i make someone GM?
How do i get owner?
etc..
Well i will explain some common questions here...

To make somebody a GM, you must go to your Distro Files, open up Data, and open up Players, And change their rights to 3
TO make someone an owner/admin you have to make their rights 5 i think. I haven't made an OT in a while, please correct the GM/Admin rights if im wrong, and i will fix it.
Now, if you want the admin outfit -it is very cool- =]
Make the lookdir 255
Thats all for now, Please rep+! and post!
Have fun with your new ot!

MADE BY ME, ANGEAL1298 , PLEASE IF YOU LEECH GIVE ME SOME CREDITS, THANK YOU! REP+

EDIT: Im not going to add SQL or MYSQL or TFS because there are already tutorials for those around mine, this one is for XML.

Last edited:
It's nice, I think you should add SQL too, because SQL it's better than XML.
And easier.

I didnt read well, Im falling as sleep but I think you forgot to add the port 7171.

Btw, nice tutorial...

Akor Shel

And easier.

I didnt read well, Im falling as sleep but I think you forgot to add the port 7171.

Btw, nice tutorial...

Akor Shel

I didnt forget to add port 7171, i just didnt add it because on portforward.com ti tells you to add that port lol.
xD
And there are sql tutorials here, and sure ill add to it

Nice job man.. this is my first time I think I did something wrong.... how do you log into tibia ? do i use the ip changer and change it to my ip address and log in as 1/1 even though im God...
Someone help plz =D

Nice job man.. this is my first time I think I did something wrong.... how do you log into tibia ? do i use the ip changer and change it to my ip address and log in as 1/1 even though im God...
Someone help plz =D

Yes, you put the IP changer to connect to "localhost".

And easier.

Btw, nice tutorial...

Akor Shel

Yeah, it's not many people who uses XML any longer since its kinda out of date.. :p

Hi nice tut,
but i can t make someone a GM.
I have no folder wich calls players or characters or Accounts;/
I am using forgotten server 0.2.
Can someone help me?:)

Hi nice tut,
but i can t make someone a GM.
I have no folder wich calls players or characters or Accounts;/
I am using forgotten server 0.2.
Can someone help me?:)

That's because this isn't an XML server, you need to open the forgottenserver.s3db with an sqlite editor and edit account\players etc.

You should add how to get your own map into a server :)

Im saying this 'cause i dont know :(
Im a beginner at OT's so no need to look down on me

Okay, sorry for the necroing but wtf is a Distro? I searched for it and all kinds of random topics came up, and do i really need to open port 80? Its like the port to the entire web and more then 80% of the ISP's have it blocked, You need to call them and shit

Sorry about the Spelling mistakes my little sister added stuff while i was away.
anyways what i wanted to say was the Step two part i looked for add but i couldn't find it please make it more specififc

Back