• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Strange items coming out of quest chest

monkeyy

Reaction score
Hello all,

I noticed that almost every chests which are in the reward room after a quest, are filled with strange items such as; plants , walls , energy fields etc.. Link>> https://snag.gy/8ODVIt.jpg
However, when I check the contents of the chest @ RME, the correct items are inside the chests.

Does anyone knows how can I fix this ?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
It depends on the script you want your chest to rely on, usualy, if the items are in the chest in remere, a lot of script use Action ID 2000 on the chest, and in action.xml they add a script when chest is used, it checks if the chest has action ID 2000, then it checks the ID of the item inside the chest, and for each ID, they set a storage value equal to this ID to one, so you cant get this chest twice. BUT: for real map, what ive seen so far is that every quest box has their own unique ID script which is not bad too. In this kind of script, you verify the if the storage value of the unique ID is 0 or =-1 for null , If yes, it gives the items that are usually set in the script and not in remeres! First thing you should check is in...
Show script from data/scripts/quest/system.lua

I have 2 files called system.lua and system2.lua. In-game, I am standing in de cyclopsis cave in edron @ the 4 reward chests. the unique ID of one of the chests is: 1297
When I Ctrl+F in the system.lua files. I do not get a result. Does this mean that I have to insert all the chests quests manually now ? :eek:

You did put items inside the chests using rme right? Then the chest should have action id and unique id.
Check in actions.xml and search for the action id what acript you need to look in to.
Another cause could be using 2 of the same unique ids in rme, u should get an error in your distro in that case

It depends on the script you want your chest to rely on, usualy, if the items are in the chest in remere, a lot of script use Action ID 2000 on the chest, and in action.xml they add a script when chest is used, it checks if the chest has action ID 2000, then it checks the ID of the item inside the chest, and for each ID, they set a storage value equal to this ID to one, so you cant get this chest twice. BUT: for real map, what ive seen so far is that every quest box has their own unique ID script which is not bad too. In this kind of script, you verify the if the storage value of the unique ID is 0 or =-1 for null , If yes, it gives the items that are usually set in the script and not in remeres! First thing you should check is in your action.xml file where the unique ID 1297 leads in. Be carful, sometime it use unique ID range, and you will not be able to find it with the find command (ctrl+f), sometime its called like from UID 1000 to UID 1300 rely on script edron_quest.lua as example :p try to check where ID 1927 leads you and give back some news, otherwise, post your action.xml here =)

Solution
I downloaded a server and imported a Tibia RL map in it. I did nothing with RME regarding the quests.
I found it strange when I checked some quests with my GOD character that out every chest, a weird ''item'' came out. So I opened RME and checked if the correct items were inside of the chests. And they are just fine. Its just in game that I get a wall or a energy field :(

Anyways this is how my actions.xml looks like: https://snag.gy/XHG7qO.jpg So this means I have to go to quests/quests.lua right?
So this is what I see there: https://snag.gy/xrHIjs.jpg

It depends on the script you want your chest to rely on, usualy, if the items are in the chest in remere, a lot of script use Action ID 2000 on the chest, and in action.xml they add a script when chest is used, it checks if the chest has action ID 2000, then it checks the ID of the item inside the chest, and for each ID, they set a storage value equal to this ID to one, so you cant get this chest twice. BUT: for real map, what ive seen so far is that every quest box has their own unique ID script which is not bad too. In this kind of script, you verify the if the storage value of the unique ID is 0 or =-1 for null , If yes, it gives the items that are usually set in the script and not in remeres! First thing you should check is in your action.xml file where the unique ID 1297 leads in. Be carful, sometime it use unique ID range, and you will not be able to find it with the find command (ctrl+f), sometime its called like from UID 1000 to UID 1300 rely on script edron_quest.lua as example :p try to check where ID 1927 leads you and give back some news, otherwise, post your action.xml here =)

Thanks for your reply danick10! I will try to look for it ! If I can't find it I shall post the file here, thank you!

I made a grave mistake while importing the world map. I left the original action folder of the server and did not use the action folder of the RL map.
This must solve the problem. I am going to change it right away.

:p ! did it fixed your problem :p

I always have this problem that when I restart my server I cannot login for like 10-15 minutes....
Very strange, I did some changes and now im restarting my server to find out if it worked, I will let you know I promise :D!

Back