• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Suggestion] Rare mounts

deloria

In love with the Universe
Reaction score
...Well, i'm here to suggest a few changes on rare mounts (undead cavebear, midnight panther and crustacea gigantica). The undead cavebear mount is probably the most wanted. We are 1200 players online daily and there are only 2 cavebears spawning everyday at lich hell (You haven't bothered to fix their spawn. There should 3 but that's not the topic). I have spent, not just a single hour, but more than 10 hours a day (Call it nolifing, that's not the topic either) sitting on this place just to tame the mount (and i haven't succeed yet).

...The current problem is clearly, we are 1200 players online that are enjoying this ot, and let's say that over 100 players want this mount, but only 2 monsters are daily spawning. This was supposed to be an otserver, where everyone comes to get everything easier, enjoy questing, taming, exping, botting, waring and everything, but not to be annoyed or get bored like in real tibia.

...My suggestion would be either to increase the amount of times this raid happens everyday or make these rare mounts become easier to get (the current taming system is: 30% to success, 30% to fail, 30% for the item to get broken). You could:
- Increase the amount of times to 3 (which would mean that 9 undead cavebears would spawn everyday, 3 at the morning, 3 at the afternoon, 3 at night)
- Make this raid happen every 3h like it happen with horses
- Make these monsters immune to every kind of attack. Botters are killing them which means we have no chance to get them.
- Increase the chance to tame it to 50% success, 30% fail and 20% getting the item broken, just for the following mount bosses: Undead Cavebear, Midnight Panther, Crustacea Gigantica and Draptors.

Some players are just killing these monsters not to let others to tame it, which makes it just stupid and unfair.

If you have any good idea about this topic please leave it below this post.

Quoting Truwzka's post about chances of taming:
I'm agree, but I've found an table in one official Tibia Fansite, look:

Normal Monsters:
10% chance of success.
05% chance of breaking the item.
50% chance of monster run (it disappears).
35% chance of anything happening and you can even try to tame the beast again.​

Raid Monster:
10% chance of success.
30% chance of monster run (it disappears).
55% chance of anything happening and you can even try to tame the beast again.​

source:Montarias | TibiaBR.com

The chances above could be added with a brand new adjustments, like this:
Raid Monster:
30% chance of success.
10% chance of breaking the item.
20% chance of monster run (it disappears).
40% chance of anything happening and you can even try to tame the beast again.​

Another idea would be to remove taming items from website shop, so that, together with an adjustment on the current taming system, these items would become rare but taming would be a little easier

Consider it and give us your opinion :)

Last edited:
Lol it's just a mount can't you go to search another one?

I think there is more important things than undead cavebear mount omg.

Lol it's just a mount can't you go to search another one?

I think there is more important things than undead cavebear mount omg.

Everybody is complaining about something, i'm suggesting something and sharing it. What's wrong with it?

I'm Agree, its hard when you try to tame the undead cavebear and it run away! hahaha that happend to me once, been waiting for it like 1 month when i finally got the chance to tame it it run... i was very Happy!

Everybody is complaining about something, i'm suggesting something and sharing it. What's wrong with it?

I didn't say that it's wrong i just mean that it's not important right now there is some things what should be fixed asap like unfair fight reduction bcuz shadowcores is boring with this amount of ppl

As always, they have more important things to do like repairing bugs, etc. that adding a bigger respawn of a mount?

They spawn daily here (almost, since it's random it is possible that one won't spawn for the entire day, but the chances are that at least one will spawn per day), on real Tibia it's very rare to see them (according to TibiaWiki: "sometimes up to weekly"). We will add the cavebear spawn point that is missing (meaning there will be up to 3 cavebears per day), and sometime also address the issue with taming mounts where the monster should not disappear. These two changes should make a difference, it's not meant to be much easier than that.

Normal Monsters:
10% chance of success.

Raid Monster:
10% chance of success.

Why not use that?

Normal Monsters:
10% chance of success.

Raid Monster:
10% chance of success.

Why not use that?

Those are not official rates, those are based on people that send reports and they only use math to get them

They spawn daily here (almost, since it's random it is possible that one won't spawn for the entire day, but the chances are that at least one will spawn per day), on real Tibia it's very rare to see them (according to TibiaWiki: "sometimes up to weekly"). We will add the cavebear spawn point that is missing (meaning there will be up to 3 cavebears per day), and sometime also address the issue with taming mounts where the monster should not disappear. These two changes should make a difference, it's not meant to be much easier than that.

Still, they are spawning once a day and it's like impossible to tame them. Also they are spawning at the morning, the raid should be random :blink:

not signed.
You said it on the tittle, Rare mounts, if it become easier, they wont be rare mounts, them will be "mount that is medium-hard to tame"

Those are not official rates, those are based on people that send reports and they only use math to get them

Not sure if those are official information, but they are one of the largest fansites about Tibia. I think if it was'nt official they do not divulge such information.

Back