• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Harry Potter Online (custom 8.54)

it doesn't matter so much if the server goes down now.. as i can see, noones playing it.. better fix the scripts that makes some game play (something to play for) quests ect.. likes it's now.. only think to play for is with others.. but no ones is online =/

Good that you keep every char.. so i can came back and play when it goes up again =)

i hope you find a hoster. you can't host on a home computer? (when you have fix the updates) or you have packed down the computer for the moving? :p

it doesn't matter so much if the server goes down now.. as i can see, noones playing it.. better fix the scripts that makes some game play (something to play for) quests ect.. likes it's now.. only think to play for is with others.. but no ones is online =/

Good that you keep every char.. so i can came back and play when it goes up again =)

i hope you find a hoster. you can't host on a home computer? (when you have fix the updates) or you have packed down the computer for the moving? :p

I may host private tests only, but not the full-time server. Elec bill's too high then ;)
I have a 100/10 connection so the test should be ok lol
pm me your msn if i haven't already added you

If your going to be making big changes an account reset is definetly necessary, even if some of your players aren't happy with it.

another idea:

You should do lvl advances mostly by doing other things than killing monsters.
Such as finding something, learning spells, making something what npcs wants etc etc.

If your going to be making big changes an account reset is definetly necessary, even if some of your players aren't happy with it.
It depends. I may need to reset Rangers, or remove characters that are Rangers altogether for now. Or possibly reset Rangers to Battle Mages and give them the option of changing their vocation by me when they return.

another idea:

You should do lvl advances mostly by doing other things than killing monsters.
Such as finding something, learning spells, making something what npcs wants etc etc.
I'm adding some unique levelling ways. One way you gain EXP after the update is by brewing potions, you also have a potions level with exp for that too. You'll also receive exp from other new activities such as creating Spellbooks (White Mage specific). That also means that a lot of spells will have to be learnt before you can use them now. But with each spell you gain experience too. So you gain exp from making it, and if you haven't learnt the spell and use the spellbook, you gain exp for that too!
I'm also thinking of ways to incorporate ideas from the books into the game too. Such as sub-quests based on the sub-plots. I know it's not much, but maybe a command that if you have a "Marauders Map" and say "find me 'name'" it locates them without having to pay for spell mana.

But really, any ideas I welcome and will give credit for in the finished work :)

Agreed also workt with him but it was like 3 days xD

http://otland.net/f43/sweden-harry-potter-online-custom-client-97250/ the original thread, August 2010. I started actual work on it in June of that year.