• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Necronia NW ♦ Custom Client ♦ Low Exp RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
This server will never get alot of players, why? because its too complicated for all the noobs out there.

this server can perfectly reach 100 online when all updates are finished. 100 its a great ammount on a custom map.

What matters the most are the dedicated players. You know there's people who appreciate the work when after all the bulls**t the server's been through they still stay and play. I'd rather have 100 of those people somehow than 1000 noobs. In fact, the difficulty of the game is a filter for noobs, and that was, in a way, my aim. It isn't meant to be easy nor simple, and people who find it boring to learn some new game mechanics and are more attracted to just play regular 'Tibia' style have a plenty of other servers to choose from. (not to mention that 80% of them are run-and-download RL maps though).

We just wanted to give people a choice to be able to see and play something different, unlike many others. And we delivered, though many things including these crashes are ruining the full experience and potential that is drawn back. I'm saving a few of the best features for the time when everything is fixed and 100% stable.

Right now, I'm working on the balance patch if anyone's wondering. First part of it will be released tonight we hope.

Will be happy to see the balance patch :)
You know even though many of us get pissed when crash's occur it don't mean that we don't appreciate all the hard work & dedication put into this server, it's just you know your in the mood to play because your addicted to this amazing server & when a crash occur's it's like AAAH!! but we do and I don't speak only for myself appreciate all the work you and tarjei put into this server.

In a way this server reminds me of my childhood when I first started playing Mortal Kombat on the super nintendo, you know you get your ass kicked ton's and ton's and you keep on pushing on and when you finally beat something be it a quest or monster you feel accomplished it's a good feeling and a feeling I have not felt since I was a kid :)

What matters the most are the dedicated players. You know there's people who appreciate the work when after all the bulls**t the server's been through they still stay and play. I'd rather have 100 of those people somehow than 1000 noobs. In fact, the difficulty of the game is a filter for noobs, and that was, in a way, my aim. It isn't meant to be easy nor simple, and people who find it boring to learn some new game mechanics and are more attracted to just play regular 'Tibia' style have a plenty of other servers to choose from. (not to mention that 80% of them are run-and-download RL maps though).

We just wanted to give people a choice to be able to see and play something different, unlike many others. And we delivered, though many things including these crashes are ruining the full experience and potential that is drawn back. I'm saving a few of the best features for the time when everything is fixed and 100% stable.

Right now, I'm working on the balance patch if anyone's wondering. First part of it will be released tonight we hope.

The thing is, you'll never ever get those 100 players you are aiming for without a proper reset.
If you want to have an emtpy server with 30~40 people and decreasing with time, go ahead.
Sure, the server is nice because it filters the noobs out. But it also filters the good players out, since all they see when they log on is unbalancement, bugs, technical issues and overall a "good idea" that was not put well into practice. And that's what good players look out for.

Noob-filter? You probably mean a noob-bait right? Because the beginning is just made to show off how the scripts for the server are and all that, which atracts noobs. Pro players are leaving because after all that nice little show-off, the important aspects of a server (stability, balance, good implementation of new ideas, no abusable bugs) was completely missing at the start and still has significant lacks.

As people are saying, this server is kinda like a cool idea, but it was set into motion without much thought behind it. The best thing you can do is balance the bases of the idea, work on the lacks of balance/bugs, and then restart the server. I'm not suggesting you to restart right now in all hurry so the server works out exactly the same. Call this version a beta or something, and work on the fundaments until they are solid, and then release the final version.

The thing is, you'll never ever get those 100 players you are aiming for without a proper reset.
If you want to have an emtpy server with 30~40 people and decreasing with time, go ahead.
Sure, the server is nice because it filters the noobs out. But it also filters the good players out, since all they see when they log on is unbalancement, bugs, technical issues and overall a "good idea" that was not put well into practice. And that's what good players look out for.

Seriously, he won't reset, just accept it. I just think it's retarded with reset.

Got 2 suggestions tho, may be bad u decide ^^

Suggestion 1:

Quests up to lvl 50 in rook/main should have markers on the minimap so people can have abit easier start since it's kinda annoying for the players on the gamechat to keep answering same question like "Wheres the abandoned factory, what cave, where i go etc:" and also annoying for the players who asks since they don't know alot.

Suggestion 2:

Might be a fun one which makes the guilds more useful than just war & extra chat (MAYBE THERE IS SOME FEATURE, IM JUST NOT AWARE OF IT THEN XD)

Like, a guild can ahve reputation with The Angelic Side and the Diabolic side, you get reputation from doing tasks from the Diabolic side NPC / Angelic Side npc. Before you can do tasks to one side you have to join the side (which means that you cant be doing the both side quests) These quests should be both daily solo player quests and some team quests where the guild should gather up and fight, and maybe some achievements that could add some reputation.

The reputation is used for reaching ranks, the higher rank the guild gets the more quests gets available. When you reach the top rank (which should take alot of time) you get discount at some dark side NPC's & able to do a Guild Quest (Like inquisition or something).

The guilds should also be able to participate in some events (an angelic side guild vs an diabolic side guild) ~

Maybe bad idea and I guess you got alot to do so this might be some extra just if you like it :)

Noob-filter? You probably mean a noob-bait right? Because the beginning is just made to show off how the scripts for the server are and all that, which atracts noobs. Pro players are leaving because after all that nice little show-off, the important aspects of a server (stability, balance, good implementation of new ideas, no abusable bugs) was completely missing at the start and still has significant lacks.

As people are saying, this server is kinda like a cool idea, but it was set into motion without much thought behind it. The best thing you can do is balance the bases of the idea, work on the lacks of balance/bugs, and then restart the server. I'm not suggesting you to restart right now in all hurry so the server works out exactly the same. Call this version a beta or something, and work on the fundaments until they are solid, and then release the final version.

you have seen the ending of the storyline?

no spoilers plx but i know its better than the beginning. btw, visit venoma sometime, imho thats one of the best "poison/acid AKA venore" style cities customized in a very long time.

While I might agree the issues didn't put a stable ground for the server, I still believe that we'll make it through after the fixes even without the restart, and if you don't, that's alright. Tell me "I told you" after we fail so bad - if that satisfies you.

Might be a fun one which makes the guilds more useful than just war & extra chat (MAYBE THERE IS SOME FEATURE, IM JUST NOT AWARE OF IT THEN XD)

Like, a guild can ahve reputation with The Angelic Side and the Diabolic side, you get reputation from doing tasks from the Diabolic side NPC / Angelic Side npc. Before you can do tasks to one side you have to join the side (which means that you cant be doing the both side quests) These quests should be both daily solo player quests and some team quests where the guild should gather up and fight, and maybe some achievements that could add some reputation.

The reputation is used for reaching ranks, the higher rank the guild gets the more quests gets available. When you reach the top rank (which should take alot of time) you get discount at some dark side NPC's & able to do a Guild Quest (Like inquisition or something).

The guilds should also be able to participate in some events (an angelic side guild vs an diabolic side guild) ~

Maybe bad idea and I guess you got alot to do so this might be some extra just if you like it :)

I will put it on the idea-list and maybe you'll see it realized in the future! Thanks for suggesting. :)

you have seen the ending of the storyline?

no spoilers plx but i know its better than the beginning. btw, visit venoma sometime, imho thats one of the best "poison/acid AKA venore" style cities customized in a very long time.

You're missing the point. I'm not talking about mapping or scripts. I'm talking about the fundaments of the server.

While I might agree the issues didn't put a stable ground for the server, I still believe that we'll make it through after the fixes even without the restart, and if you don't, that's alright. Tell me "I told you" after we fail so bad - if that satisfies you.

I will put it on the idea-list and maybe you'll see it realized in the future! Thanks for suggesting. :)

I will have no use in telling you "I told you" after the server has failed. This server has a nice concept, and a lot of potential. I don't want to see it fail like all the other custom servers. Just sticking with those 30 players we have is not only a waste of potential, but also a waste of your team's work. The more you delay a reset, the more players will quit. I'm urging you to do it since now it's still time for one, server has not been online so long.

I started 2 days ago and I'm loving it, I don't see why having high level players is a bad thing though, in fact, I think it a good thing because players that require help are much more likely to ask higher level players then players at the same level as they are

Too many high lvl exploit bugs and acquire so much money in a way its not possible anymore that some of us wont ever come back unless a reset occured. Also as some other mention before,many wont join cause there's many high level already,which half of them abuse some bug to reach that point.

if peoplle did got high levels and tons of money by exploits, then I agree with the restart then, everyone should be equal :)

Yea, tons of people made like 3kkk with the lumberjacking prices.
I made a LOT of money myself, but i won't complain about loosing it to a reset since it will bring more players to the server, and it cost me like 0 to earn that money :)
Reset please!

Yea, tons of people made like 3kkk with the lumberjacking prices.
I made a LOT of money myself, but i won't complain about loosing it to a reset since it will bring more players to the server, and it cost me like 0 to earn that money :)
Reset please!

And do not forget that some vocations did insane amount of damage in the early server, making them able to skyrocket their level to 100 in a matter of days. While any saint/spellcaster/necro out there will have a hell of a problem getting even to 60.

You spelled "still do a insane amount of damage"* wrong.
I can get a defender up to level 60 in the time I get a necro to 40, asuming I leave rook at 30...

better make a reset..
but let the players who bought premium account keep it..
like me i bought the elder thing for 10 euro, so i would like to keep that if you reseted it ;P
a reset of the server would be good

better make a reset..
but let the players who bought premium account keep it..
like me i bought the elder thing for 10 euro, so i would like to keep that if you reseted it ;P
a reset of the server would be good

I agree, premium points/spent money should be kept.

i created this account on otland just to say this:

leveling is not hard.

making money is not hard.

this is my 3rd day playing my character "Sneaky stabber of eliteness" and i got lv 74 in like 2 days, its not that hard, and no i didn't no life it. its easy if you understand english/how an rpg works/have help with some of the tasks.

I add this now, as an edit: it cost a lot of money and about 8 hours of time to get lv 55-80. I took breaks, of course. But it was really draining xD. I skipped 90% of the quests, I only have zen's tasks done just for the sdc rank and being able to access mercenaries/skirmishers/bk/dark torturers WHICH i hunt now.

BTW

NOBODY was able to make "3kk" worth of gold off of lumberjacking, just saying an obvious fact. There are other ways to making money as well as the obvious fact that this servers "storyline" is about rifts and chaos and all this fun junk yet nobody ingame has even seen a rift yet, that means one thing, we are just at the BEGINNING stages of the game. Who cares if a FEW players are more affluent than you? You can still make enough money to afford eq, relics, artifacts, houses, rent, food, blessings, potions, boat fee's, etc..

You all are just whining stubborn idiots who see this as an ot and that its like any other ot where your affluence and level determine a certain "ranking" of how "good" you are at the game. It isn't like that. To be good at this game means you will solve the riddles, the quests, deal with the rifts, deal with the wars. Yes you need a little money to get started with that stuff but the server will pick up and the people who get ahead are the people who learn where to hunt, what drops what loot (relics, artifacts wise) and how to sell those for good chunks of cash.

You shouldn't ever decide a server reset is the best route, I would completely quit Necronia if a server reset happened and post and complain like you guys are right now.

Last edited:
i created this account on otland just to say this:

leveling is not hard.

making money is not hard.

this is my 3rd day playing my character "Sneaky stabber of eliteness" and i got lv 74 in like 2 days, its not that hard, and no i didn't no life it. its easy if you understand english/how an rpg works/have help with some of the tasks.

BTW

NOBODY was able to make "3kk" worth of gold off of lumberjacking, just saying an obvious fact. There are other ways to making money as well as the obvious fact that this servers "storyline" is about rifts and chaos and all this fun junk yet nobody ingame has even seen a rift yet, that means one thing, we are just at the BEGINNING stages of the game. Who cares if a FEW players are more affluent than you? You can still make enough money to afford eq, relics, artifacts, houses, rent, food, blessings, potions, boat fee's, etc..

You all are just whining stubborn idiots who see this as an ot and that its like any other ot where your affluence and level determine a certain "ranking" of how "good" you are at the game. It isn't like that. To be good at this game means you will solve the riddles, the quests, deal with the rifts, deal with the wars. Yes you need a little money to get started with that stuff but the server will pick up and the people who get ahead are the people who learn where to hunt, what drops what loot (relics, artifacts wise) and how to sell those for good chunks of cash.

You shouldn't ever decide a server reset is the best route, I would completely quit Necronia if a server reset happened and post and complain like you guys are right now.

Let me guess, OP vocation? No difficulty in PGing those. Try a saint or a necro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back