• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Nelvara 10.37 [Custom Map]

Status
Not open for further replies.
O______O people still play this?
Screenshot-2014-04-07-23.49.03.png

Some still do..

So you buy a house, then complain about how it looks and want everything changed? GJ on buying the house in the first place lmao.

3 months and still running, nice. :)

It's a shame all of your players left because of early management decisions :/

Sad to see that all players left, its such a great custom OT server.

After six months of uptime the server is totally empty.. There are a few known reasons for this such as the violent start when some people had connecting problems and got a 1 hour ~ disadvantage. This made some people very unsatisfied and we apologize for that. BUT we figured that 1 hour wouldn't make any bigger difference in the "leveling race".

Anyhow.. A huge thanks to those who kept playing and had trust in Nelvara, you made a big difference. Thanks to you guys we've had alot of improvements done. Some of the improvements you helped us to accomplish can be found at http://www.nelvara.com/changelog
A special thanks to Znote for his big will to help us out both inside & outside the game.

Now.. let's get to the point.
The server have been more or less empty since the middle of july and we want to find a solution for this. We are therefore asking you guys if a reset of Nelvara would make it bloom again. Opinions and suggestions are warmly welcomed!

Yours, David.

Enjoyed my time on the server a lot, left once most of the other people left though. If you can provide a more stable server this time around, where our enemies do not run around with bugged SSA's, they won't be able to abuse the insane drop on Liches for 2 nights straight while PAing everyone out etc. etc., I'll be back once again. I suppose most of my old guild will be there aswell, seeing as they seem to like custom RPG servers.

Enjoyed my time on the server a lot, left once most of the other people left though. If you can provide a more stable server this time around, where our enemies do not run around with bugged SSA's, they won't be able to abuse the insane drop on Liches for 2 nights straight while PAing everyone out etc. etc., I'll be back once again. I suppose most of my old guild will be there aswell, seeing as they seem to like custom RPG servers.

A team did the SSA thing when I played too, was on it for like a week then quit when it first opened :p

After six months of uptime the server is totally empty.. There are a few known reasons for this such as the violent start when some people had connecting problems and got a 1 hour ~ disadvantage. This made some people very unsatisfied and we apologize for that. BUT we figured that 1 hour wouldn't make any bigger difference in the "leveling race".

Anyhow.. A huge thanks to those who kept playing and had trust in Nelvara, you made a big difference. Thanks to you guys we've had alot of improvements done. Some of the improvements you helped us to accomplish can be found at http://www.nelvara.com/changelog
A special thanks to Znote for his big will to help us out both inside & outside the game.

Now.. let's get to the point.
The server have been more or less empty since the middle of july and we want to find a solution for this. We are therefore asking you guys if a reset of Nelvara would make it bloom again. Opinions and suggestions are warmly welcomed!

Yours, David.

with the right advertising and clean start , this server could have decent amount of players at start

I agree, a fresh restart with none of the original bugs(SSA, Money duplicating, liches dropping tons of gold etc). would be awesome.

Add a couple of new spells or monster or item scripts and create a new thread and you could have 50 players on again.

The random magic stats on item scripts could be awesome here. Or that script that spawns a 'Elite' version of a monster randomly in spawns, which give extra experience and loot.

Players are extremely good at breaking things.
I'm sure your team found and got reports for a huge amount of issues / bugs / things you had never considered. I know I, myself, found a way to get near infinite money. For a server like Nelvara, you cannot allow something like that to fall into the wrong hands :)

As for what you should probably do:
1. Set a date at least two weeks away for a launch. Fridays and Saturdays are the very best days to launch on.
2. Pony up some cash for otservlist golden highlight/featured server box. It's a bit expensive, but hopefully some donations can mitigate almost all of that.

It's funny sad how one small hiccup can cause an entire group of players to ragequit. It's really unfortunate because an active community is what a lot of players are seeking more than anything.
I, myself, played for weeks. Really enjoyed the server, but stopped playing when there was only about 4 players on.

I wish you guys luck, it's the only OT I've played in years.
Red

Players are extremely good at breaking things.
I'm sure your team found and got reports for a huge amount of issues / bugs / things you had never considered. I know I, myself, found a way to get near infinite money. For a server like Nelvara, you cannot allow something like that to fall into the wrong hands :)

As for what you should probably do:
1. Set a date at least two weeks away for a launch. Fridays and Saturdays are the very best days to launch on.
2. Pony up some cash for otservlist golden highlight/featured server box. It's a bit expensive, but hopefully some donations can mitigate almost all of that.

It's funny sad how one small hiccup can cause an entire group of players to ragequit. It's really unfortunate because an active community is what a lot of players are seeking more than anything.
I, myself, played for weeks. Really enjoyed the server, but stopped playing when there was only about 4 players on.

I wish you guys luck, it's the only OT I've played in years.
Red

I, too, was having an amazing time with Miss Con~, Znote, and a few players I knew from "Ruthless Chaos" but once that polish team did that lich thing for days, it got stupid and boring. Overall, it was one'a the best OT's ive played. Keep it up brother, good work David! I think I still have you on skype so we'll be in touch ^_^ Ill play after reset.

Damn I was gonna login to get the feel for this OT again but it's down :( I thought it was still running

Status
Not open for further replies.