• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The monster skull system really makes no sense for a few monsters. Ogres for example are maybe slightly less dangerous than treants and are always atleast one or two skulls below treants.
Soulless screamers are yellow for me but can one hit me while warlocks are yellow aswell and i can tank two with only slight danger.
Tainted canines can also almost solo me even though they are yellow.
Those are just some and Ill see if I can think of more later but it just generally kind of sucks when they basicly give you a wrong sense of evaluation and you then get pwned afterwards.
Zombie destroyers (red) can also solo me for example while wyrms and warlocks couldnt solo me back when they were (just a few lvls after black) red either.

I also think that the enchantment block while being in combat is kinda stupid. If you want to do something similiar just make it unable to be used during pvp so people cant go from natures grace to iron skin.
But when I cant use natures grace to get a nice haste walking from a to b if a wolf battle signs me from 10 sqm away I dont really see the point.
You basicly have to put it on in town then run to hunting spot and then wait a minute with nothing attacking you to switch it off again.

Last edited:
If u made enchantments unuseable in combat,u should make ppl not be able to switch gear in combat aswell :p

EDIT ; Can u make chain lightning a bit faster? Make it do 3 fast attacks,then make an exhaust ;P Sux this way <.<

Last edited:
The monster skull system really makes no sense for a few monsters. Ogres for example are maybe slightly less dangerous than treants and are always atleast one or two skulls below treants.
Soulless screamers are yellow for me but can one hit me while warlocks are yellow aswell and i can tank two with only slight danger.
Tainted canines can also almost solo me even though they are yellow.
Those are just some and Ill see if I can think of more later but it just generally kind of sucks when they basicly give you a wrong sense of evaluation and you then get pwned afterwards.
Zombie destroyers (red) can also solo me for example while wyrms and warlocks couldnt solo me back when they were (just a few lvls after black) red either.

I also think that the enchantment block while being in combat is kinda stupid. If you want to do something similiar just make it unable to be used during pvp so people cant go from natures grace to iron skin.
But when I cant use natures grace to get a nice haste walking from a to b if a wolf battle signs me from 10 sqm away I dont really see the point.
You basicly have to put it on in town then run to hunting spot and then wait a minute with nothing attacking you to switch it off again.

the skull system is used throughout the entire game and is based on level. At lower level the stages are so short lived that you may gain 200 levels before you even gain any new eq. It seems off rightnow but later if you see a yellow skull anything after level 1k you will be scared or dead :p

on the enchantments i agree, should only be a pvp feature.

- - - Updated - - -

2re5ixd.jpg

33be1is.jpg

WHO NEEDS A TANK!

Update

• Part of the southern tomb in Adicama Desert is now inhabited by Necromancers.
  • The teleport portion of Meteor Strike now has a 15 second cooldown, if used while on cooldown the player will land in the same position they casted it.
  • Soul cost of strafe has been lowered to 5 (down from 7)
  • Added a new type of fish to catch with fishing, Giant Swordfish!
  • Divine Retribution and Focused Barrage will no longer shoot through walls.
  • Non-PvP magic walls will no longer interferer with PvP player movement, PvP magic walls will no longer interferer with Non-PvP player movement.
  • Non-PvP wild growths will no longer interferer with PvP player movement, PvP wild growths will no longer interferer with Non-PvP player movement.
  • Non-PvP players may no longer cut down wild growths placed by other players.
  • PvP-Players may no longer cut down wild growths that are placed by Non-PvP players.
  • Non-PvP players may no longer heal PvP players while they are PZ locked.
  • Magical wall bombs will now explode if thrown under a creature.
  • Bonus speed from equipped items is now capped at 100% bonus.

Edit:
Forgot a few things, thanks for reminding me Xemos!

• Ethereal items will no longer receive double bonus from runes. They already inherit double the amount of sockets, this was an oversight that many people thought was cool about ethereal however it turned out to be way too strong.
  • Offensive spells may no longer be cast immediately after Focused Barrage and Divine Retribution channelling has ended.
  • Prismatic Beam damage range (based on the distance of the target) has been reduced to 1.0 - 2.0 (down from 1.0 - 3.0)

Last edited:
Y u no change chain lightning animation? ;< (make it faster,and add a cd between each) In dungeons,it looks horrible,just 600000000000 blue beams running around

Honestly,after playing this for a long time,I really think that ricochet> chain lightning and boomerang>soulfire !

A guy same plvl as me hits like 6k+7k with boomerang,while I do only 6k with soulfire !
He does more dmg with ricochet,like 4k-6k each hit and I do 3k ... so go figure ! Needs some changes

All depends on how much ranged/magic power you have. I hit like up to 5-6k combo with boomerang and around 2800 max with ricochet.
Besides if im correct chain lightning doesnt have a limit to how much it chains? Ricochet has a maximum amount of bolts that can hit aslong as you have atleast two targets.

4 monster limit and 3 hits each ;P Its just not fair tbh ;P I have 950 magic power,which is pretty decent lol

Honestly,after playing this for a long time,I really think that ricochet> chain lightning and boomerang>soulfire !

A guy same plvl as me hits like 6k+7k with boomerang,while I do only 6k with soulfire !
He does more dmg with ricochet,like 4k-6k each hit and I do 3k ... so go figure ! Needs some changes

Soulfire:
16:50 You deal 14222 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:50 You deal 15260 damage to a dps testing machine.

Boomerang:
16:53 You deal 11707 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:53 You deal 12210 damage to a dps testing machine.

Chain Lightning (vs 2 targets):
16:56 You deal 12593 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:56 You deal 10518 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:56 You deal 10716 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:56 You deal 10848 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:56 You deal 11473 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:56 You deal 10057 damage to a dps testing machine.

Ricochet (vs 2 targets):
16:57 You deal 9745 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:57 You deal 11053 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:57 You deal 7003 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:57 You deal 10022 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:57 You deal 10072 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:57 You deal 7406 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:57 You deal 11455 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:57 You deal 7079 damage to a dps testing machine.

Chain Lightning (vs 5 targets):
16:54 You deal 12330 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:54 You deal 12857 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:54 You deal 11243 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:54 You deal 10156 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:54 You deal 9892 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:54 You deal 11408 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:54 You deal 10485 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:54 You deal 12495 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:54 You deal 10452 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:54 You deal 10617 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:55 You deal 11177 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:55 You deal 11605 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:55 You deal 10815 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:55 You deal 11704 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:55 You deal 11375 damage to a dps testing machine.

Ricochet (vs 5 targets):
16:55 You deal 10324 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:55 You deal 9393 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:55 You deal 7531 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:55 You deal 12361 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:55 You deal 10324 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:55 You deal 8563 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:55 You deal 11279 damage to a dps testing machine.
16:55 You deal 9997 damage to a dps testing machine.

So as you can see, mage spells are better in just about every possible situation. The only exception being ricochet bouncing off 2 targets dealing lots of damage to each, add a third target and chain lightning becomes better again.

Chain Lighting (vs 3 targets):
17:00 You deal 10090 damage to a dps testing machine.
17:00 You deal 12429 damage to a dps testing machine.
17:00 You deal 11144 damage to a dps testing machine.
17:00 You deal 12132 damage to a dps testing machine.
17:00 You deal 11506 damage to a dps testing machine.
17:00 You deal 11770 damage to a dps testing machine.
17:00 You deal 9958 damage to a dps testing machine.
17:00 You deal 11836 damage to a dps testing machine.
17:00 You deal 12791 damage to a dps testing machine.

Their should be a task for Warlocks. If you have a task for Wyrms for the knights. Then make a task for rangers/mages and make it Warlocks. I would really appreciate it. Thanks
~Merked~

Update

• Ruthless orcs have built a stronghold near Venrok, they are very dangerous and should only be engaged at higher level!
  • Spellbooks will now lose durability properly when equipped in the hand slots.
  • Fixed a bug that caused players to debug when walking down stairs into a wild growth or magic wall.
  • The amount of damage that an explosive bomb deals based on your alchemy level has been increased by about 300%.
  • Increased the minimum amount of kills for the majority of hunting tasks.
  • Increased the health and experience of giants by about 25%.
  • Lowered the damage of darkhand members (outside of the dungeon).
  • The blacksmith has increased his smithing fee.
  • Necrotic Armor will now heal all summons for the full amount rather than distributing the healing amount evenly between all summons.
  • Increased the rate at which summons (undead warrior/gladiator/spellsinger/ect...) can be spawned.
  • 2 players hunting with shared experience will now receive full experience.
  • Summon Person may no longer be used inside a protection zone.

Many people are getting confused over the power of players.
Sometimes a player with a lower power level is actually stronger than a player with higher power level.
This is because the base damage of a character is determined by level and then multiplied by their stats.
To make this less confusing level will now be worth 2x more power level.

Here is an example of how this will effect the way a player looks.

Level 400:
Old power level - 7500
New power level - 9500

Level 800:
Old power level - 9500
New power level - 13500

As you can see a player before this change with twice the level was only 2000 power level higher.
After this change the difference would be 4000.
This should more accurately display a players strength as level not only plays a huge role in a players damage,
but also gives the player more health and thus healing as well.

Last edited:
So how do you create an account..?

1/1 doesnt work, neither does just clicking OK.

Update

This update is going to introduce some new bonuses for players to acquire as a community. One thing we have noticed from the past month is that many of you really enjoy adventuring with friends.

To start out we would like to encourage players to meet new people and hunt with their friends. You may have noticed the last update increased the experience 2 players will gain when using shared party experience.
This was just 1 step towards the end goal. To further improve on this, a new system is being introduced this update "Soul Link".
Players may use this new feature to link their soul with a friend. When the 2 players are near each other in combat they will receive a buff that will increase their combat stats.
Players may activate this by typing !linksoul friend name
Players may break this link at any time by typing !linksoul break
After breaking a link, players will have to wait 24 hours before linking up with another player.

In addition we really want players to help each other, and we really want to encourage players to bring their friends to join the struggle against evul in the land!
We feel that instead of being mean to new players, the community should work together to make them feel at home.
To help this, the more players that are online the more experience players will gain when hunting or leveling up artisan skills. Loot rate will be increased as well.
We hope this will encourage veteran players to help new players out and keep them interested in playing the server rather than ignoring them.

Other changes:
  • The blacksmith will no longer smith equipment, he has decided to become a merchant and sell raw ores instead.
  • Higher tier ore are now slightly more rare (5-10%).
  • Equipment durability loss has been unified. Attacking, using spells, and being attacked will cause all equipment to degrade at a steady rate. This should even the repair cost across the board for melee and ranged fighters.
  • Items may no longer be thrown on top of dungeon/minigame portals.
  • The damage of Deadly Strike has been increased substantially.
  • The damage of Living Flame, Blizzard, Slice and Dice, and Barrage has been increased by about 30%
  • Standard health potions will now require 2 life blossoms to create instead of 2 small health potions.
  • Ruthless Orc Archers/Mages are now a bit slower. This should make the spawn a bit more fair to melee players.
  • Demons are now classified as a level 1,000 monster and will now drop Tier 8 items.

Last edited:
I 100% love this update.... Now that people cant buy gear, it will force other players above 1k to do coliseum for anything t9+ atm.... It will also prevent low players getting op gear for where they are for the most part of t8+ since my self and a few others already have a few t8.....
The damage of Deadly Strike has been increased substantially.
I never EVER used this spell cuz of the poor dmg output for the effort to try to get to your enemy's back, now that it has been increased i might have to try it out.
I also cant wait for the next rounds to come out for coliseum, i want 14th perk point....
Thanks`Xagul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back