• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update

• Being in a dungeon is a scary thing, adventurers learn to cope with fear by slaying their enemies, but what happens when those enemies are in the persons head?
    Today we introduce paranoia, a new system for dungeons. When players are inside a dungeon and they are not killing their enemies they will start to feel paranoia set in.
    The player will slowly progress through numerous stages of paranoia until they eventually go insane and their brain starts to haemorrhage.
    Prolonged exposure to paranoia will cause a player to die. Players can easily cope with paranoia by actively progressing through the dungeon like normal.
    While the majority of adventurers are always willing to fight for gold and glory, there are a few that would rather hide in the back and wait for others to risk their lives instead.
    These people are extremely vulnerable to the effects of paranoia.
  • Added a new item type, Daggers.
    Daggers are smaller more accurate versions of swords, their damage is more consistent but a bit lower and they have the same attack speed.
    Overall daggers deal slightly less DPS than swords however they are the only item that can be looted with movement speed already on them.
    These weapons are ideal for players wanting to play an assassin type role due to the movement speed and new special effect of shadow armor.
  • Shadow Armor will now increase a players attack speed with daggers in addition to the previous effects of the spell.
  • Increased the damage of slice and dice.
  • Increased the damage of shadow dance.
  • Increased the damage of charge.
  • Increased the damage is deadly strike.
  • Reduced the damage of blade storm by about 25%, but it will now hit twice. This makes the overall dps higher and should make the spell more appealing.
  • Increased the top end damage of most other melee spells. Example: Where a melee spell used to hit 100-200 it will look more like 100-300 now.
  • Fixed a typo with soulfire, it was intended to do around the same damage as arcane missiles, it was then multiplied by 2 because it hits twice.
  • Smoke Bomb will no longer push npcs.
  • Recall may now be cast with "house or "home to teleport to your house instead of temple. Example: recall "home
  • Reduced the damage of chain lightning by about 7%.
  • Reduced the rate at which defense curl will drain soul when being hit by multiple targets.
  • Fixed an issue with defense curl returning 100% pvp damage on low-damage hits.
  • Soul cost of meteor has been increased back to 50 (up from 35)
  • Meteor has been badassified by about 314%.

• Base regeneration is now 1% of a players maximum health per second (instead of a flat 4 regen). Players will also receive 5 base regeneration on top of the 1%. This means a player with 1000 health will recover 15 health and mana per second (with 0 bonus regen).
  • Regeneration will now work similar to other stats, each point of regeneration will increase your base regeneration by a percent.
  • Fixed the cap of fish. The better the fish the heavier it will be now. Overall now the fish will weigh less across the board. (before it was all over the place and some of the fish weighed 800+ cap per 100)
  • Fish can now be sold to food merchants.
  • Machetes and Hatchets now have durability.
  • Many items obtained through foraging may be sold to various npcs.
  • The evergreen trees in Tarid can no longer be vandalized.
  • Guild fortresses will be immune to takeover for 1 hour after capture. During this time players will be able to construct/upgrade a wall and hire defenders. Once the protection phase is over players will be unable to build inside the fortress and players will be able to assault and take over the fort. In the event of a server restart all guild fortresses will be placed back into protection for 1 hour so players may re-hire defenders.
  • Soul Siphoning has been changed. Dealing damage to another player will steal some of their soul. Each point spent in this perk will increase the rate at which this effect can occur.
  • Killing a player that is on a rampage (or higher) will now yield experience to the killer.
  • The Colosseum experience vendor has arrived.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to enter the colosseum while PZ locked.
  • Brown Backpacks may now be scrapped.
  • Decoys are now walkable.
  • Females will no longer receive plastic surgery and become a man before sleeping.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to fish and mine while PZ locked.
  • Players can now get afk kicked inside a dungeon. This will cause you to be kicked out of the dungeon.
  • Players can no longer summon each other in the beginning of a dungeon, it must be done out side of the dungeon.
  • Fixed a bug where the trade window would always show an item at full durability.
  • When reforging an item, the new stats will appear in the center of the screen so players do not have to look at the new item every time.

Sorry the new zone is not in this update, Snuggles just got his pc back up and running and I didn't want to delay the update any longer!

I still think whirlwind does way to less dmg and costs way to much soul. U should make a spell for knights similar to pallys and mages ricochet and chain lightning

Lightning Bolt is kind of a joke of a spell. My suggestion for it is to be set to a toggle type attack.

Once again I have to agree with you, it's pretty much a "deco spell" as it is now. Setting it to a toggle type attack OR a single target attack (not random) would make it somehow more useful.

Love the new update btw.

I really dont know about this regen nerf.
I went from 11% to 3.9% with all but one gear piece socketed in regen and the difference it makes is huge. I mean that was obviously intended but to me its seems that this was basicly text book if its overpowered nerf it useless procedure ;/
You also bleed much more now since you are 0 mana more often.

Daggers oh boy, to bad I switched to mage lol
Although I think the soul perk will be over used in pvp
But I always liked the assassin role but I fear that the dps will not be asleep to match the other set ups of characters

Last edited:
Quick restart today to fix an issue with the 5th boss. He no longer has a mysterious magical flame that repairs items randomly. Thank you Tride for reporting this!

Edit:
Also fixed a huge bug with the Colosseum equipment vendor. Thank you Blink!

Last edited:
I understand the reason why you put Paranoia ingame, but I think it happens way too fast. Change it from the 1 minute delay that it is at to like 3-5 minutes. People just waiting for the team to proceed or catch up experience it and die.

I understand the reason why you put Paranoia ingame, but I think it happens way too fast. Change it from the 1 minute delay that it is at to like 3-5 minutes. People just waiting for the team to proceed or catch up experience it and die.

I agree.

So it has come to my attention that there have been some h4xusations floating around. I would like to personally warn all of you guys/gals that you should not use the same information on ANY OT Server. Please if you have the same password here on XDC as you do somewhere else PLEASE change it. I do not want anyone to be able to blame me for the loss of their account on anything tibia or unrelated.

And while we are on this topic, please do not share accounts! I will not return lost items/characters if the person you share your account with scams you!

Cant tell you how long im going to be playing this server with people randomly running fireball and insta kill u in the streets........... Fucking pointless to even get the lvs back.

Cant tell you how long im going to be playing this server with people randomly running fireball and insta kill u in the streets........... Fucking pointless to even get the lvs back.

You act like this is an issue that has been around for months, it is something they just happened to find earlier and it will be fixed like every other bug...

I hope for a reset some day tbh eventually when server is finished. Everyone else even the highest levels also think the server needs a reset on release ^^

People are already too powerful for new people to begin and items and stats are unbalanced, reg etc and people who used it before nerf are too powerfull now

I hope for a reset some day tbh eventually when server is finished. Everyone else even the highest levels also think the server needs a reset on release ^^

People are already too powerful for new people to begin and items and stats are unbalanced, reg etc and people who used it before nerf are too powerfull now

The problem with that logic is that if I were to do that, in 1 month when you are all leveled up again there will be some other new player coming on here and saying it needs a wipe. There has not been anything game breaking that would deem a wipe necessary. Just because regen has been changed doesn't mean anyone has an advantage, and in a month regen may change again, and in a month after that magic power might change. The balance of the server will be ever shifting, that is how games work. I understand that coming into a server new when people have been playing for a while sucks, the best I can do is push new players up through the content faster so they can catch up, I have already started doing that by giving players x2 exp when they are 1/2 the highest level. I personally feel that systems which help new players catch up are better than ruining all of the old players hard earned work. That just my opinion, and I am very curious as to what other people think about this.

The problem with that logic is that if I were to do that, in 1 month when you are all leveled up again there will be some other new player coming on here and saying it needs a wipe. There has not been anything game breaking that would deem a wipe necessary. Just because regen has been changed doesn't mean anyone has an advantage, and in a month regen may change again, and in a month after that magic power might change. The balance of the server will be ever shifting, that is how games work. I understand that coming into a server new when people have been playing for a while sucks, the best I can do is push new players up through the content faster so they can catch up, I have already started doing that by giving players x2 exp when they are 1/2 the highest level. I personally feel that systems which help new players catch up are better than ruining all of the old players hard earned work. That just my opinion, and I am very curious as to what other people think about this.

/agree with everything.

"the team to proceed or catch up experience it and die". Oh boy, that escalated quickly. Eventhough it starts to take effect soon, it may last for several minutes before killing you, so you should be able to at least stairhop something or just keep up with the dungeon. The only downside I've seen is that if the dungeon is "closed" you can't block the respawn while the team opens it, but since dungeons aren't that long and once opened people run them fast, I think it's pretty cool as it is.

I've been thinking about this too, and I think you had a pretty good idea with the x2 exp. I don't think a reset will do any good since PG players will keep PGing. Penalty and Xemos will get to level 400 before anybody reaches 200, Tride will keep being a freaking tank with a house full of fancy items and I will keep begging for ranged items and looting the shittest spells. It will just take a month to be at the same point and, as you said, after this month a new player will ask the same. Actually I am pretty sure you will have to deal with this topic for a looong time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom