• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The information about the server being hosted in sweden is Pure bullshit.

A quick ip tracer showed this.
178.217.187.42 is a Poland IP Address. See more about 178.217.187.42 now.

Also if it would have been hosted in Sweden me and my friends would not have lagged like a BR server.
This is a great server but needs a better host.

Sorry for the confusion, the server was originally hosted in Sweden on Test0rs private connection. We then started to experience DDoS attacks and we had to migrate the host elsewhere. It is now hosted in Poland. I forgot to edit the information but will do so now!

Edit:
Also I would like to add that the server being hosted in Poland should not generate much lag for Swedish players. If you are experiencing lag from Sweden you should tracert and see which locations you are being routed through. If you find you are being routed through some rambunctious location you can try to use one of the numerous latency fix programs available. They usually offer many options that will attempt to take a more direct path to your destination. (many of them will display your new ping if you should happen to use it so it's very easy to see which one is best)

Last edited:
DnGKnpj.png

Update

New Bounty System!

Players with a bounty will be marked with an orange blinking box.
All special borders have been disabled to prevent confusion.

Players will start with 0 bounty by default.
Killing a player that has 0 bounty will add an amount of bounty equal to the experience lost by the victim.
0UZOP3x.jpg

Killing a player that has a bounty will yield experience equal to the amount of bounty the victim has and will set the victims bounty back to 0.
If a player dies while having a bounty the loss protection against players with higher power level will not take effect.
6sUAgpv.jpg

Bounty Boards have been placed in towns and academies. These boards will display any wanted players currently online.
xx9I25C.jpg

We hope this will encourage the community to fight against power abuse by rewarding experience to players for killing mass pkers.
In addition, hardcore mode has been disabled until further notice.
It has become a problem with higher levels forming agreements to not kill each other so they can benefit from the bonus experience with little risk.
This is not how hardcore was intended to be used...
By negating the risks as a hardcore player it becomes a permanent 50% exp boost for the few special people and causes the rest of the community to fall behind.
This effect can easily (and somewhat already has) snowball out of control until the point where the top players on the server will always remain the strongest due to bonus experience nobody else can obtain.

Other changes:
  • Stamina drain has been reduced slightly.
  • Fixed the cooldown on dungeons. (Forgot to re-enable it after testing.)
  • The Blacksmith will no longer pretend to repair your items when there is nothing to repair.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed the Blacksmith to repair some tools.
  • Players may no longer scrap items that are equipped. (This should help prevent accidents.)
  • Using the caravan will now properly remove Lycanthropy effect.
  • Werewolves may now swim, but once they leave the water they will be human again.
  • Fixed a bug that caused !info to display increased movement speed above 100% even though the cap is 100%.
  • The signs in depot will now display the link to remeres website where you can get the 8.6 client that displays t10 boots properly. Download - Remere's Map Editor (RME) - An Open Source Map Editor for Open Tibia
  • Undead Spellsinger will now do an AoE attack. DPS is lower now.
  • Undead Warrior now has a small distance attack. DPS is higher now.
  • Undead Gladiator taunt is now visible. Its area is slightly larger now.
  • Undead Minion, Spellsinger, Warrior, Zombie Dog health has been increased slightly.

Also here is a fun bit of information, total primary attributes used by players in the server.
  1. Magic Power - 103,421
  2. Ranged Power - 92,098
  3. Melee Power - 86,647

hey man i need to speak with you asap, i donated and im having issues. thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

to synthetic

The bounty hunter system is too easy to be abused.

High level characters can allow their sub characters to kill them and in return kill that character with another character/friend they want to level up.
When people are possibly losing 1+ billion exp, this can power level a character ridiculously fast.

Too lazy to think of a suggestion to prevent people from abusing it, but I'm sure theres a way. :eek:
Even just making it illegal so people know, then by doing some investigating I'm sure you could catch anybody trying to benefit from it.

Last edited:
I hope more content for shadow range is going to be added.
Being a shadow ranger is nothing compared to all the shadow melee content at the moment
And perhaps some shadow utility spells?

Tbh I think these non skulls system pvp systems can never work. Since the introduction of the bounty system ive heard alot of people just getting randomly pked by high lvls. Why they do it now and not before I have no clue, but there is absolutle ZERO punishment for just going around the server and killing every single person you see.
Even if you had a 10 b exp bounty you still only lose one single death worth of experience correct? All that system really does is encourage boosting your alt accounts by having them kill your high lvl char.
If ( I know this isnt going to happen just for comparison) you actually had a red skull and killed tons of random people you would actually be terrified of death because you could actually lose something meaningful if you go overboard.
the bounty system also really does make it impossible for someone who is not one of the highest lvls to kill someone because , hey if they see you with a bounty of 150m exp ( you obtained from a low lvl battle) and they need only one hit to kill you with no risk on their part - why not?
On the other hand if a high lvl racks up a bounty thats pretty high its still hardly worth the risk battling it out with other high lvls because all they would gain is maybe one hour of lvls and the people the bounty would actually be lucrative for have 0 shot at actually getting if its not given away on purpose.

Tbh I think these non skulls system pvp systems can never work. Since the introduction of the bounty system ive heard alot of people just getting randomly pked by high lvls. Why they do it now and not before I have no clue, but there is absolutle ZERO punishment for just going around the server and killing every single person you see.
Even if you had a 10 b exp bounty you still only lose one single death worth of experience correct? All that system really does is encourage boosting your alt accounts by having them kill your high lvl char.
If ( I know this isnt going to happen just for comparison) you actually had a red skull and killed tons of random people you would actually be terrified of death because you could actually lose something meaningful if you go overboard.
the bounty system also really does make it impossible for someone who is not one of the highest lvls to kill someone because , hey if they see you with a bounty of 150m exp ( you obtained from a low lvl battle) and they need only one hit to kill you with no risk on their part - why not?
On the other hand if a high lvl racks up a bounty thats pretty high its still hardly worth the risk battling it out with other high lvls because all they would gain is maybe one hour of lvls and the people the bounty would actually be lucrative for have 0 shot at actually getting if its not given away on purpose.

I think 1 key point you sorta left out is that, for 2 months (aside from a short 3 day war) the entire server let a few select people BOT while in HARDCORE getting 50% bonus experience the entire time. So yea, there are people who are much higher level than the rest... Everyone wants to complain about people botting yet no one is willing to kill them. I have never seen such a passive OT community even in a server with a frag system. The idea with having no frags was that people would want to fight each other because they wouldn't have to worry about red skull and losing their stuff. Apparently having no frags has just made everyone more passive for some reason.

I do not want to add frags, I feel that when people want to fight it limits that fight too much. I think the proper response to this issue is to increase the threshold for the protected power level difference. Right now it is under 50% maybe it needs to be 65-75%? I am interested to see what you guys think about this. Again I would rather protect the people that are being affected by players way more powerful instead of limiting fair pvp.

You could do that but it's not like the higher levels can kill eachother. Today I had 4 ppl on koopa for like 30 minutes maybe more. He dropped to yellow one time. Ya I was on mage armor and had mind blast with 3 others with me. The pvp on the server is flawed you are either to low to pvp against ppl or you are to high level to be killed by anyone. Increasing the pvp protection some more? Sure that would help low levels but pvp just dies off from there.

You could do that but it's not like the higher levels can kill eachother. Today I had 4 ppl on koopa for like 30 minutes maybe more. He dropped to yellow one time. Ya I was on mage armor and had mind blast with 3 others with me. The pvp on the server is flawed you are either to low to pvp against ppl or you are to high level to be killed by anyone. Increasing the pvp protection some more? Sure that would help low levels but pvp just dies off from there.

Koopa was on full defense with iron skin enabled.

i tryed this ot but after seeing botting allowed + idioticcustom shit i quit :)=

keep it to yourself then. for gods sake you see a custom ot and join it and complain about custom shit? faggot

keep it to yourself then. for gods sake you see a custom ot and join it and complain about custom shit? faggot
Bro Bro Bro.i can have a custom ot with custom shit but the shit must be balanced not overpowered Faggot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back