• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY POINT IS. CUSTOM + BOTTING = SUXXXX!

RL MAP + BOTTING = ROXXXX!

Custom servers shhoud have gamemaster banning botters because it's an actually serios server and people actually like to pley the custom ones where on rl maps ppl just bot and war.

Botters on custom server demotivates many players to try them out and they're usualy better customers / players than botters. They're more likely to be active in the community and participate in events, help people, donate and actually care about the server. I'm not saying botters don't donate or care about the server but they are for sure less likely to do so.

I thought that this server was awesome but then I saw 3 players botting in three different spawns I went to really early on the game they were also completely afk. It really demotivated me from playing this server.

Bro Bro Bro.i can have a custom ot with custom shit but the shit must be balanced not overpowered Faggot.

bro bro bro calm your tits, this server is in a BETA. so fuck your fucks and fuck you fucker

I thought that this server was awesome but then I saw 3 players botting in three different spawns and instead of killing them I went to the forums and flamed it then quit.

I corrected it for you.

I understand where you are coming from but I would never kill someone botting in my spawn.
Not only is it probably going to be nearly impossible to solo if hes around my lvl, If I actually manage to kill him and he comes back and organizes some help he can potentially kill me an infinite number of times.
Thats atleast the reason I am so passive most of the time.

MY POINT IS. CUSTOM + BOTTING = SUXXXX!

RL MAP + BOTTING = ROXXXX!

Custom servers shhoud have gamemaster banning botters because it's an actually serios server and people actually like to pley the custom ones where on rl maps ppl just bot and war.

Botters on custom server demotivates many players to try them out and they're usualy better customers / players than botters. They're more likely to be active in the community and participate in events, help people, donate and actually care about the server. I'm not saying botters don't donate or care about the server but they are for sure less likely to do so.

I thought that this server was awesome but then I saw 3 players botting in three different spawns I went to really early on the game they were also completely afk. It really demotivated me from playing this server.

You are an idiot.. IT IS MOTHERFUCKING BETA why would he even waste time.

OPen Beta means game release nowadays. Developper now use that term incase they fail so they can blame it on "beta". Yet open beta is just like a release,no char wipe,no major changes. Thats what an open beta means.

Dont get me wrong,use beta word all you want to hide your mistake. The people not botting arent gonna come back after your 5 phase of open open beta/open open open beta/pre release beta/you name it. And botters doesnt give a fuck about your server. Its bad to see GM/Developper letting people bot. Why did you even bother making the server just so people can open a bot and play other stuff?

OPen Beta means game release nowadays. Developper now use that term incase they fail so they can blame it on "beta". Yet open beta is just like a release,no char wipe,no major changes. Thats what an open beta means.

Dont get me wrong,use beta word all you want to hide your mistake. The people not botting arent gonna come back after your 5 phase of open open beta/open open open beta/pre release beta/you name it. And botters doesnt give a fuck about your server. Its bad to see GM/Developper letting people bot. Why did you even bother making the server just so people can open a bot and play other stuff?

You are aware of the fact that it isnt possible to afk bot over an hour with elf on this server and xagul said he would ban anyone who would bypass that limit it by other means?
Game chat is also pretty damn active especially compared to other servers, so why the fuck does it even mater if you arent forced to do every single shitty repetitive task yourself?

>Starts an 8.6 project with a team of 4 people
>2 of the main developers quit tibia less than a month in
>Picks up the project solo
>Receives non stop spam about wanting to play the server
>Opens a beta for players to help test

Yes, this is a beta. Why is it beta? Because a server this complex needs it. Yes you are right actually, it is labeled beta in case something goes wrong... you make that sound like a bad thing? It is not to cover anything up or for the ability to blame anything on the word beta, its beta because we know something WILL go wrong and when it does go wrong things will need to be corrected.

Also you may be wondering why 8.6 was bolded and underlined. It's simple really, making the server 8.6 was a design choice. 8.6 is THE most popular client version for OT. You may be wondering why that is. I will tell you why that is! 8.6 is the last client that supports elfbot, that's why that is! There is ABSOLUTELY no reason why an OT developer would make their server 8.6 unless they wanted elfbot. Many people do not like the new client, myself included. The reason I do not like the new client is because the cooldown bars are ugly and take up a lot of your already limited screen. Funny thing about that is, if I didn't want elfbot I would have made the server 8.7 which does not include the cooldown bars has mounts which are unbelievably popular and elfbot does not support it! Wow crazy blasphemy I know, the fact that there is a client version that is almost identical to 8.6 save a few extra features that players love anyway and doesn't have elfbot issues! So now you may be wondering why 8.7 is not more popular than 8.6. Again I will answer this, it is simple... PEOPLE LIKE USING ELFBOT!!!

Now with that said, just because players like to use elfbot does not mean I am ready to allow players to bot 24/7. That would be silly. I have put in place a system that requires you to be active hourly. This makes it so players can use elfbot but they can not abuse it to the extent that many of you seem to think they are. Now instead of having to teleport to every player every hour and check to see that they are not afk, I can instead keep an eye on players botting excessively (players report this type of thing very often actually) and then if they are cheating the anti-bot system I can then proceed with a banishment. Sorta funny how I have yet to ban someone for this since it hasn't happened and yet many people like to complain as if people are botting for weeks on end gaining some huge advantage, and trust me I have had many complaints claiming such and such player is botting the minigame but when checking up on these players they are actually active!

TLDR;
Nobody is botting afk longer than 1 hour at a time. The server requires players to check in on their character hourly and if a player cheats this system with some unorthodox method they will receive a banishment/deletion. The server is 8.6 because of elfbot, as is every other 8.6 server. If anyone can think of a single reason why one would run an 8.6 server over 8.7 if not for elfbot, please prove me wrong.

P.S.
The higher levels in the server suffer an experience rate loss and the players below them gain bonus experience rate closing the gap and making the life of a manual player much much easier. If you would have taken 5 minutes to try the server instead of logging in and seeing some random kid botting then turning to flame the forum you would have noticed that and we would not be having this debate.

Last edited:
>Starts an 8.6 project with a team of 4 people
>2 of the main developers quit tibia less than a month in
>Picks up the project solo
>Receives non stop spam about wanting to play the server
>Opens a beta for players to help test

Yes, this is a beta. Why is it beta? Because a server this complex needs it. Yes you are right actually, it is labeled beta in case something goes wrong... you make that sound like a bad thing? It is not to cover anything up or for the ability to blame anything on the word beta, its beta because we know something WILL go wrong and when it does go wrong things will need to be corrected.

Also you may be wondering why 8.6 was bolded and underlined. It's simple really, making the server 8.6 was a design choice. 8.6 is THE most popular client version for OT. You may be wondering why that is. I will tell you why that is! 8.6 is the last client that supports elfbot, that's why that is! There is ABSOLUTELY no reason why an OT developer would make their server 8.6 unless they wanted elfbot. Many people do not like the new client, myself included. The reason I do not like the new client is because the cooldown bars are ugly and take up a lot of your already limited screen. Funny thing about that is, if I didn't want elfbot I would have made the server 8.7 which does not include the cooldown bars has mounts which are unbelievably popular and elfbot does not support it! Wow crazy blasphemy I know, the fact that there is a client version that is almost identical to 8.6 save a few extra features that players love anyway and doesn't have elfbot issues! So now you may be wondering why 8.7 is not more popular than 8.6. Again I will answer this, it is simple... PEOPLE LIKE USING ELFBOT!!!

Now with that said, just because players like to use elfbot does not mean I am ready to allow players to bot 24/7. That would be silly. I have put in place a system that requires you to be active hourly. This makes it so players can use elfbot but they can not abuse it to the extent that many of you seem to think they are. Now instead of having to teleport to every player every hour and check to see that they are not afk, I can instead keep an eye on players botting excessively (players report this type of thing very often actually) and then if they are cheating the anti-bot system I can then proceed with a banishment. Sorta funny how I have yet to ban someone for this since it hasn't happened and yet many people like to complain as if people are botting for weeks on end gaining some huge advantage, and trust me I have had many complaints claiming such and such player is botting the minigame but when checking up on these players they are actually active!

TLDR;
Nobody is botting afk longer than 1 hour at a time. The server requires players to check in on their character hourly and if a player cheats this system with some unorthodox method they will receive a banishment/deletion. The server is 8.6 because of elfbot, as is every other 8.6 server. If anyone can think of a single reason why one would run an 8.6 server over 8.7 if not for elfbot, please prove me wrong.

P.S.
The higher levels in the server suffer an experience rate loss and the players below them gain bonus experience rate closing the gap and making the life of a manual player much much easier. If you would have taken 5 minutes to try the server instead of logging in and seeing some random kid botting then turning to flame the forum you would have noticed that and we would not be having this debate.

WOOOOOOOW i can NOT believe you are defending botting this much. It is the largest problem with custom ot's and it represents everything that is evi...... OH i just got a level while typing THANK YOU ELFBOT for letting me enjoy the server later after doing house work and feeding the kids! i retract my previous statements, elfbot has made the mundane tasks manageable and when i have time to actually play i dont have to slave over them and i can enjoy the array of custom features and achievements this server has to offer!

Just face the fast almost every tibia server will having botting whether its allowed or not. Botting is what ruins any server especially custom, it does not matter what kind of bot is is, afk or not, cavebotting or pvp all bots are just stupid and ruin the gameplay for those who don't use bots. It's no where close to being fair how some people can just bot all day and night while others do everything manually and are still behind. I've stoped playing tibia in general because of this reason. I was so excited when I got invited to the closed beta for this server, I had a ton of fun, so many cool features and you were allowed to bot during beta which made me mad but I was told after beta you wouldn't be allowed but when it was over and I found out botting was allowed so I didn't even bother playing again. The way I see most servers now who can get the best scripts and bot the most. It's pretty sad though, seeing as most of the community bots whether they admit it or not.. I can't remember the last good server I played where there wasn't any botters....But I guess if Xagul wants to allowed botting, it his server and he can do what he wants so....and those people who keep disagreeing with him you might as well stop because its just a pointless argument, I can almost guarantee anything you say won't change his mind because if he doesn't let people bot he will lose a lot of players which I'm he doesn't want.

I'm the shinning star of manual players! To prove that point, i had light healing and great healing on HOTKEY until he put in the built in auto healing (i know crazy but what the hay im a rebel). fact is 90% of the ppl use bots be it to try to be afk for as long as possible or simply for an auto healer/looter. Bots make gameplay easier, in extreme circumstances it can play the game for you. Shawn, however, has found away to force human interaction systematically throughout the day. Fact is.. ppl that complain about botting are 1 of 2 ppl in most cases... 1) they are also botters but are behind so at the same rate they will never be on top and that upsets them, 2) 100% manual players who play 8.6 why 8.6? cause they had no idea that 8.6 was the prime elfbot client version. If you join an 8.6 server and expect botting not to be in, you are ignorant.

P.S. EVERYONE likes the bot's ability to make the game flow smoothly. instead of having to mash healing 20 hours a day and have your hand fall off, the bot heals them, instead of having to open every body and collect gold and loot thus slowing down their overall progress, the bot grabs that for you. To prove this i'm willing to BET that every player on this server botter or not is using the !looting add feature and the light healing 90 5 feature. built in auto looter and healer.

EDIT: id like to add that i dont deny botting, i love to do it. cavebot healer looter you name it. i love learning the bot. HOWEVER being the first to make a lot of the manual achievements is also a big deal imho. so TRULY the bot takes out the monotonous tasks and lets you enjoy the game for what it really is.

Just face the fast almost every tibia server will having botting whether its allowed or not. Botting is what ruins any server especially custom, it does not matter what kind of bot is is, afk or not, cavebotting or pvp all bots are just stupid and ruin the gameplay for those who don't use bots. It's no where close to being fair how some people can just bot all day and night while others do everything manually and are still behind. I've stoped playing tibia in general because of this reason. I was so excited when I got invited to the closed beta for this server, I had a ton of fun, so many cool features and you were allowed to bot during beta which made me mad but I was told after beta you wouldn't be allowed but when it was over and I found out botting was allowed so I didn't even bother playing again. The way I see most servers now who can get the best scripts and bot the most. It's pretty sad though, seeing as most of the community bots whether they admit it or not.. I can't remember the last good server I played where there wasn't any botters....But I guess if Xagul wants to allowed botting, it his server and he can do what he wants so....and those people who keep disagreeing with him you might as well stop because its just a pointless argument, I can almost guarantee anything you say won't change his mind because if he doesn't let people bot he will lose a lot of players which I'm he doesn't want.

If you're going to let other players that use a bot affect your gameplay so much then it's your loss.
Other players botting in no way diminishes any content that they've done and you haven't. The content is still there.

It's a great server, play it your own way and let other players play it their own way.

Inb4 "Botters take up every spawn". The server peaks at around 30 players online and there's many spawns around the map. If you can't find a spawn without a botter then you're doing something wrong and if this is the case you can always group up some of your "botter nazi" friends and remove the botter from the spawn.

Play the damn server, enjoy the content, and stop worrying about what other players are doing.
If you quit tibia, maybe it's time to stop QQing on forums about botting.

I honestly don't even see why this is an argument to be honest. If there is a game, there will be certain to be someone to cheat the system to get ahead. If you try to "stop" botting you will just be punishing those who have crappy scripting skills and rewarding those who use rand and reply files. I still remember in regular tibia I would set up a keyboard/mouse macro and it would look like I was just a loser with no life but I actually had a really good "bot" that wasn't a bot at all. Hell, I even used to chat with a regular tibia GM sometimes while I was using macros and he never had any idea. The fact is that no matter how hard you try to say "NO BOTTING" there will always be botting on OTs. Then if you do TRY to catch the botters, you will just get people who use manual healing but auto movement so that most botting "tests" won't catch them. Haphazardly assuming people bot won't work either, I've been a manual player for years and just because I'm good at running and using runes I've been banned on countless OTs because "no one can be that good without a bot." Which is BS to those of us who work our asses off to get better and beat the botters. Unless someone has a surefire way to ONLY ban those who cheat (all of them, no exceptions and all botting/macro methods accounted for) then it is just a waste of time to try/resources to stop botters.

In my opinion I honestly believe those who are complaining have never tried to be a GM/Host and stop all the botters/botting. Almost no one AFK bots anymore so it is all about just making an assumption instead of being absolutely sure of their guilt.

I honestly don't even see why this is an argument to be honest. If there is a game, there will be certain to be someone to cheat the system to get ahead. If you try to "stop" botting you will just be punishing those who have crappy scripting skills and rewarding those who use rand and reply files. I still remember in regular tibia I would set up a keyboard/mouse macro and it would look like I was just a loser with no life but I actually had a really good "bot" that wasn't a bot at all. Hell, I even used to chat with a regular tibia GM sometimes while I was using macros and he never had any idea. The fact is that no matter how hard you try to say "NO BOTTING" there will always be botting on OTs. Then if you do TRY to catch the botters, you will just get people who use manual healing but auto movement so that most botting "tests" won't catch them. Haphazardly assuming people bot won't work either, I've been a manual player for years and just because I'm good at running and using runes I've been banned on countless OTs because "no one can be that good without a bot." Which is BS to those of us who work our asses off to get better and beat the botters. Unless someone has a surefire way to ONLY ban those who cheat (all of them, no exceptions and all botting/macro methods accounted for) then it is just a waste of time to try/resources to stop botters.

In my opinion I honestly believe those who are complaining have never tried to be a GM/Host and stop all the botters/botting. Almost no one AFK bots anymore so it is all about just making an assumption instead of being absolutely sure of their guilt.

Yea u are famous for that shit

People complain about 'cheating' no matter what, be it on video games or real life. Endless arguments are made on what drugs/supplements you can take for normal sports, or not take.

A lot of the people in real sports that complain and accuse others of taking PEDs (performance enhancing drugs), take them themselves.. keep that in mind when you read about all the people complaining about botting...

I agree with both sides of the argument. On 1 side you have the manual players who think they cant keep up and on the other side you have players who don't feel like mashing the same hotkey non stop. I just want to say, and I hope the people worried about botting actually read this.

Many of you who see botting think its like every other server with bots where the players set their character up and go afk come back and are the highest level. I have been trying to say, and maybe I was not clear enough. THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE! Honestly I am not sitting here promoting the use of cavebots 24/7 in fact I have done everything in my power to stop them from doing it. Yes people use cavebot, but if you really think about it they have to actively check on their character once every hour otherwise their client is forcefully closed. Wether you like to admit it or not that does stop people from afking 24/7.

On top of that system players now receive an experience penalty when they are at the top end of the level spectrum, players below them get a boost. This means that if the highest level is 1,000 he is getting 0.75x experience if you are level 500 you are getting nearly 3x his experience. This means that in order for that higher level to stay ahead of you they would have to bot nearly 3 times longer than you manual, you as a manual player could play 20 minutes out of an hour and still keep up with that player who is botting hour to hour.

What a lot of you are suggesting is promoting gamemasters to run around and punish players for botting, and in a perfect world yes that would be nice. What most people don't understand is professionalism. Now obviously there are cases which are extremely obvious that said player is using a bot. They are completely afk and thus can receive a ban immediately. What most people don't understand is the part where players are botting subtly because it is not allowed. These players are hard to punish because every time you go talk to them they are sitting there chatting away with you and all sorts of other things that a normal player will do. Now these players are still using a bot, and you have to be fair if botting is not allowed then you have to ban all bots right? But the problem comes when you cant prove that they are using a bot. Most gamemasters will ban them anyway. This is not professional at all, and this is where problems arise with corrupt staff. When talking about closing a players account who could have potentially spent hundreds of hours playing your game and the verdict of botting or not botting is not night and day, human error/judgement is just unacceptable.

One example I would like to use is a well known guy in the gaming scene, he goes by the name of Kripparian. If this guy was to come to tibia, he would be online an insane amount of hours every day. And this guy plays to win, for the first few days he would research, explore, and test the experience/loot rate in each spawn until he finds what he feels is the best. He would then proceed to farm that area until he can barely stay awake, go to sleep, and then wake up and do it again. I can say without a shadow of a doubt, the majority of you complaining would call him a botter and say he needs to be banned. This is 1 example of a player that is very dedicated to what he does and would in that scenario most likely receive an unjustified ban. That to me is unacceptable, which is why this server is what it is like it or not.

TLDR;
This server is 8.6. It was made for the use of elfbot and if you don't like it then don't play and if that is the case then get the f*** out of our thread because you are just spamming at this point.
Some day I will be able to move this server to OT Client and it will be for the most part bot free, until then you will have to deal with players using bots hour to hour, and if your epeen is in the way of you enjoying yourself when someone else has something you don't just go play Call of Duty on your Xbox.

i think u should reset serwer remove non pvp like u removed hardcore add jungle new dungs and new areas and make exp like we had when we start play here serwer is so boring now nothig to do 0 fights etc all ppls leave from serwer or change to non pvp

btw u have to nerf shadows if u wanna know why go 1v1 with vigoth xD

Last edited:
this thread gave me cancer, for real, its 8.6 how can you dare to complain about bots? he added a system to prevent 24/7, BE HAPPY

and theres a scumbag coming across asking for a reset

NOPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back