• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha okay, your arguments are valid enough. I have nothing else to say but to agree with you this time, you've done something that might not allow people to cavebot 24/7, and that is extremely unseen and appreciated. Sorry for the rage, now I just want to play it!

Certainly the newest Tibia clients offer paths that allow for the probing or collection of certain client information by the server. I hope some developers find and include such automatic bot detection tools in new server versions in the near future. Would be very interested in two ways - Efficient anti-bot in OTS, and finding out what triggers detection in real tibia o.o

I am quite sure the CIPs anti-cheat is dealt with server side. From what I understand, most anti-cheat is related to repetitious actions that would be the result of macro use. More advanced versions of this may perform algorithms on player movement (the path they take to get from point a to point b) which would also be done server-side. Runescape has recently added in algorithms to detect what I think is called "keystroke pressure" (correct me if I am wrong) which basically is the time that it takes to perform a key click. Again I believe the majority of that is also server-side aside from the client communicating the keystroke information to the server. So in theory all of the information required to combat the use of macros is already available to the OT community. And although these systems are quite effective at what they do, most bots randomize delays between actions (some even randomize pathing) which effectively bypasses those anti-cheat measures.

All of what I said above may or may not be 100% true, it's just based on information I've gathered while reading here and there. But in the end, I think most bans on games such as this are based on bots accidentally sending packets that would be impossible to send without 3rd party software. Again may or may not be true however one thing I have noticed while botting RPGs is that the only times I have ever received a ban was right after some sort of update which leads me to believe this is true.
A good example of this would be Diablo 3. A friend and myself were botting for quite some time on there (him longer than me) After 3 months of 24/7 botting my friends bot was still going strong. I was at about 1 month. One day an update occurred, the next day we were both banned along with pretty much everyone else using the same website as us. My friend also had an account that was only active for about a week. Given that information you can probably draw the conclusion that the amount of time required to receive a ban is irrelevant and the ban was most likely based on some sort of data that the bot sent that was changed with the update and deemed impossible to send without the use of 3rd party software.

When mapping large areas Snuggles often loses focus and draws pictures instead as you all have previously seen in the past. I would like to present his latest creation!

LOL damn bro don't hate Snuggles cause they have #swag

So amazing video on start of topic! and like somebody to said at start, to great look, to be truth! gl

So a little update, I got stuck on Path of Exile for the past couple weeks. I was pretty sure that was going to happen but was not 100% xD as it happens a RL friend of mine decided to finally get a computer (usually he just uses xbox) so I decided to play with him. Leveling on this game is starting to really slow down and I'm losing interest pretty fast. I am actually going to start back working on the server today, I wouldn't say I am 100% done with PoE but I definitely will not be putting as much time into it so I can continue work on the server.

So a little update, I got stuck on Path of Exile for the past couple weeks. I was pretty sure that was going to happen but was not 100% xD as it happens a RL friend of mine decided to finally get a computer (usually he just uses xbox) so I decided to play with him. Leveling on this game is starting to really slow down and I'm losing interest pretty fast. I am actually going to start back working on the server today, I wouldn't say I am 100% done with PoE but I definitely will not be putting as much time into it so I can continue work on the server.

Are you playing hardcore, or pussycore?

Are you playing hardcore, or pussycore?

I've been playing default. I still can't bring myself to play "tryhardcore" when 90% of the spells in the game cause you to dsync.

Btw, hows your level 9 doing in tryhardcore? Still farming those npcs for chromatics?

I've been playing default. I still can't bring myself to play "tryhardcore" when 90% of the spells in the game cause you to dsync.

Btw, hows your level 9 doing in tryhardcore? Still farming those npcs for chromatics?

well i play hardcore and its pretty easy to do if you dont try anything superman status lvl 54 fire tank templar

Is level 9 cause I don't have anyone to play with, hahahaha

I did get level 40 once and died due to someone messaging me on skype and caused the game to minimize. Deleted it afterwards.

Though, you do have a great point, there are a lot of bugs that can lead to instant death still, no point in playing hardcore till they are all fixed.

If you die in hardcore your character just gets transfered to default.

xagul i trade 77000 poe points for 1000 dollars in donations

lmk

when server is up ofc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back