• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are currently 12 users browsing this thread. (7 members and 5 guests)
3513099, Heroid, madness1999, Malveko, pepito999, sedon, Sir Knighter
Ppl got bored damn :/

Really sorry guys, I was sleeping :( Not too sure what happened while I was sleeping but the server is back online.

As for the botting subject, the server was made 8.6 so that people can use elfbot. If I wanted to eliminate botting all together I would have made an OT Client (doubt anyone has bothered releasing a bot for that tbh aside from the already build in auto healer and such) however it is my belief that more people are interested in the content of a server rather than playing manual 100%. With that said, I do feel it is stupid when I log into a server and there are 0 ppl in dp, 100 ppl in trainers, and the other 100 people are afk botting in some spawn. This was the case for many servers including all of my Madness servers, Deathzot 8.0, Deathzot 8.6, RoA 8.54, and most of the real maps I have played. This system was designed to mitigate that issue and in all honestly it has been successful in doing so. When I log in I see many ppl running around, I have yet to run into spawns that are full of afk players and when I teleport to someone on my admin character and put them on follow they respond to me within 5 minutes. This to me is a step in the right direction for OT, and the fact that I have been spending most of my days working on the server rather than playing and have been too lazy to set up a bot for most of those days and am still keeping up with the community as far as progression kinda goes to show that botting is not as rampant as some of you are making it out to be. In all honesty if I was playing Madness or Deathzot the way I am playing this server, I would be so far behind the progression curve it would be discouraging to even play the server.

On a side note related to progression, one thing I like to do in my servers is help new players catch up to the curve. I have already increased experience rate to 2x for players under level 50. I would like to implement a system that will keep track of the highest level on the server and increase experience rate to 2x for players until they reach 50% of their level. An example would be if the highest level in the server is 300, players would receive 2x experience until they reach level 150.

Please post your thoughts on this, I feel its a great way for new players to get caught up with the curve but also doesn't destroy any chance of players staying at the top since the boost ends at 50% of the highest level!

I like this idea, But it also gives more people to make more characters to bot highers spawns for money / mining / spellbooks / rerolling items, Not that i am complaining about boting but that will happen =/

I like this idea, But it also gives more people to make more characters to bot highers spawns for money / mining / spellbooks / rerolling items, Not that i am complaining about boting but that will happen =/

I think the people who are interested in doing this are already going to do it regardless of what exp rate they have in all honesty.

Some things I can do to mitigate this issue could be:

1. Implement an MC limit to the server. This limit would be 3-4 clients max per IP address (for people who play on LAN) People who would want to mc more than 3-4 clients for what ever reason are probably just going to bypass this with a proxy though anyway.
2. Limit the server to 1 player online per account. This will make it so these players will have to keep an active premium account on all MCs for the additional experience rate and auto loot slots. This would probably make it more difficult for them.

Edit:
3. Add this entire new system as a premium only feature, and limit the server to 1 player online per account.

This would probably be the most effective way to prevent people from abusing this feature and would give new players more of an incentive to support the server by getting premium. Also keep in mind that as with all my servers, there will eventually be automatic events that allow players to earn tokens in-game. For now (beta) I have not implemented this due to more important additions AND I would like to encourage players to report bugs by rewarding tokens.

Last edited:
But idk, if u get enough likes, go through with it, im saying yes to do this update cuz i think its will be more fair for players that first start out.

Last edited:
Are there any melee players who do NOT use a ranged wep in their arrow slot? there is no downside to it just wanting to know if some players choose not to use that feature.

Xagul I think #3 is the best option for that kind of feature. I was going to try to MC but I don't like having to do the mini game 2x in the 40 min I can bot. So idk how ppl can do more than even 2 since it is such a pain in the ass. The anti bot system is great I bot once in a while when I wanna be lazy but if I go manual it is alot faster to lvl besides I am always exploring and looking for these damn globes.

I'd also like to suggest for future spells if some of them could require a certain amount of mana so that ppl would need mana more than just a cushion for their hp.

I'd also like to suggest for future spells if some of them could require a certain amount of mana so that ppl would need mana more than just a cushion for their hp.

The whole reason mana is "the way it is" was meant to be a "shield". Spell mana cost was changed to soul instead. So when you think mana cost just train yourself to think soul cost instead.

Anyone else here that got kicked and cant log in?

Edit: nvm made it back in

Triple edit: But its lagging now ;(

Quadruple Edit : Must be my own connection so nothing to worry about i guess

Last edited:
I think the people who are interested in doing this are already going to do it regardless of what exp rate they have in all honesty.

Some things I can do to mitigate this issue could be:

1. Implement an MC limit to the server. This limit would be 3-4 clients max per IP address (for people who play on LAN) People who would want to mc more than 3-4 clients for what ever reason are probably just going to bypass this with a proxy though anyway.
2. Limit the server to 1 player online per account. This will make it so these players will have to keep an active premium account on all MCs for the additional experience rate and auto loot slots. This would probably make it more difficult for them.

Edit:
3. Add this entire new system as a premium only feature, and limit the server to 1 player online per account.

This would probably be the most effective way to prevent people from abusing this feature and would give new players more of an incentive to support the server by getting premium. Also keep in mind that as with all my servers, there will eventually be automatic events that allow players to earn tokens in-game. For now (beta) I have not implemented this due to more important additions AND I would like to encourage players to report bugs by rewarding tokens.

1) Wouldnt work. Too many free tunnelling programs like WTFast, you could ban all their connection ip's but it doesnt take a lot to figure out public proxys or even get a cheap VPS.

Update

Today is our first major update which includes a new type of equipment that players can wear, a new blacksmith feature, and much more!

• Items in the ranged (arrow) slot will now be calculated into a players power level and the stats of an item in the ranged slot will now effect the characters performance.
  • Items in the ranged slot are considered alternate weapons and will not be able to parry attacks. Only staves, ranged weaponry, and the new spell books (explained later) will work in the arrow slot.

• With this addition we have also added spell books.
    • Spell books do not have an attack value but can be equipped in both hands and the ranged slot for a total of 3 spell books.
    • Spell books act much like a 2-handed weapon as they gain the x2 attribute bonus however they can not "block" attacks, their defence stat allows them to "parry" instead.
    • The unique part about a spell book is that it is only 1-handed allowing players wield one in each hand, since spell books are not treated as a weapon they can also roll the mana shield stat.
    • These spell books are ideal for pure melee fighters who wish to utilize the ranged slot for stats but do not want to use a ranged weapon due to lack of ranged skill/power.
    • They can also be useful for rangers and mages who are confident in their ability to keep a distance from targets and thus would like a boost in stats instead of using melee weaponry.
Some other changes this update:

• [ROLEPLAY]
    The Blacksmith has opened up his smithing service. He is renown for crafting some of the most magnificent pieces of equipment in the lands including heaven and hell steel.
    His service is not cheap however, and his unmatched skill has drawn the attention of gods to him. They prevent him from smithing powerful gear for unworthy mortals.
    [/ROLEPLAY]
  • The blacksmith can now craft any item in the game for players at a relatively high price. Higher tier items will require the player to be a higher level and will start costing a lot of gold.

• Players will receive x2 experience multiplier when killing monsters if they are lower than 1/2 the level of the highest in the server. When the bar is raised, all eligible players with tutorial messages enabled will receive an alert notifying them of this boost.
  • A Taxidermy has moved into Holica.
  • The Colosseum Coordinator will no longer address ladies as "he".
  • Little Jimmy will no longer address ladies as "he".

• Fixed a bug where undead spellsinger summons would cause PZ even when they didn't deal damage to a player.
  • Fixed a bug where players could not see equipment stats in trade. (may still be buggy so please tell me if you get an error message in your default chat when looking at items)
  • Fixed a bug where players could not trade spell books.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to mine/forage/fish while PZ lock effectively bypassing the anti-bot mini-game.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to cast other attack spells while using ground slam.
  • Fixed a bug in the 2nd dungeon where a torch magically disconnected itself from the wall and kept magically unfixing itself every time I updated.

• Added a few new donation items:
    1. You see a multi-tool 360 SCRAPPER edition. [Tool] This nifty gadget contains a rope, shovel, pick, rod, machete, hatchet, and master key. This version also features a built in scrap saw which can be used to break equipment down into scrap.
    2. You see a multi-tool 360 SMITHER edition. [Tool] This nifty gadget contains a rope, shovel, pick, rod, machete, hatchet, and master key. This version also features a built in blacksmithing hammer which can be used to reforge equipment.
    3. You see a multi-tool 360 REPAIR edition. [Tool] This nifty gadget contains a rope, shovel, pick, rod, machete, hatchet, and master key. This version also features a built in repair hammer which can be used to repair equipment.
    These items are being field tested by a few select individuals for now, they will be introduced to the reward shop next update.

Last edited:
Im blaming Tride this time. Lol. Everytime they get a team for a dung it does down or in the middle or one lol.
I think im gonna play a game of league. And btw when i get back im make t3 runes is anyone needs any let me know im making melee power regen and dmg/manashield at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back