• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with both sides of the argument. On 1 side you have the manual players who think they cant keep up and on the other side you have players who don't feel like mashing the same hotkey non stop. I just want to say, and I hope the people worried about botting actually read this.

Make game something more than "mashing the same hotkey non stop" moron.

how about you get the fuck out of here ? ignorant fucxtard if you want to play a game which is NOT HOTKEY MASHING YOU'RE ON THE WRONG GAME'S FORUM .

seriously get the fk out of here

The only reason I am not online there leveling is due to a lack of time and Priorities to spent on gaming which is league atm. this server is beautifull in every aspect. I DONT CARE IF OTHER PEOPLE GET AHEAD. I PLAY FOR MY OWN FUN. get over the fact its allways powergamers that get ahead of you, with or without a bot.

Butthurt.

@down

It is not offensive, he stated that "someone don't want to mash same hotkey" as reason to allow bots while he is not remaking any aspect of this to make game more manual abilities dependant than hotkey spam. Using one same might be boring but look on World of Warcraft PvP, using every skill from advanced pallete in certain time gives you victory, not smathing your keyboard to to click on anything or holding finger on 1-3 to use 3 spells all time.

Last edited:

Quite an offensive reaction if you consider that he did nothin.

Seems like great work Xagul, keep going.

@up
Oh, then it suddenly seems totally legit to call him moron -.-
No seriously.. think about it.

Last edited:
I have played all of xaguls servers and this one by far the best, hope any new potential players can look past all this useless spam and give this server a shot.

The delay on shadow blitz is ridiculously long, it should be cut by at least 25%.
The time between damage makes it not worth using.

The bounty hunter system needs to be modified as well. The highest lvls leave each other alone and try and wrack up as much bounty as possible to do with what they please. In my experience, the power abuse has increased by at least 200% and not where they run across you and decide to kill you, there's 20k+ plvls coming and hunting me down in dungeons.

Inb4 "If their power level is dramatically higher, you won't lose any exp." These people have a near 10k plvl on me and I'm losing exp. Don't know if its because I'm hunting monsters while it happens or if the difference relies on a percent where I'm borderline close to the shitty end of the stick.

These high levels are PA'ing around with not a single consequence, if anything, they're given a benefit by having a large amount of exp to do with what they please.
AKA bounty hunter system giving high levels advantage again, no difference from hardcore.

Suggestion:
Perhaps add in a npc who you can hire to hunt down people with a bounty. The higher the bounty the more it would cost. Whoever hires the npc would gain the exp of the bounty.

Takes away from the pvp of the server, but it's not like it's much of a pvp server to begin with. Could also encourage new players when douchebags aren't killing them for absolutely no reason.

Last edited:
mmm alot of ppl want a reset. Alot has changed since the beginning of open beta things that were put in to benefit ppl that had been playing for months already. Even hardcore was taken out which is kind of making it easier to hold the lower levels down and now the lower levels are being forced to switch to non pvp.
Besides when we first started the server everyone enjoyed it. One thing that everyone believed was that levels did not make that much of a difference. Not until later when everyone was getting 1k+ did we realize the levels gave a huge dmg bonus. I kind of want that feeling again.
Actually I'm not even sure what I want to feel from this server, but either way everyone I have spoken to has said it needs a reset after all updates are made. It really does make sense.

mmm alot of ppl want a reset. Alot has changed since the beginning of open beta things that were put in to benefit ppl that had been playing for months already. Even hardcore was taken out which is kind of making it easier to hold the lower levels down and now the lower levels are being forced to switch to non pvp.
Besides when we first started the server everyone enjoyed it. One thing that everyone believed was that levels did not make that much of a difference. Not until later when everyone was getting 1k+ did we realize the levels gave a huge dmg bonus. I kind of want that feeling again.
Actually I'm not even sure what I want to feel from this server, but either way everyone I have spoken to has said it needs a reset after all updates are made. It really does make sense.

A reset would be nice, give the new players a chance.

i agree on an eventual wipe but i would say the time ain't ripe yet.. there has to be more stuff to do before it happens so that when he relaunches the server the people who play stay around :)

More bounty you have should be a decrease in your exp rate or something along those lines

Update

I8EQaIQ.png

bla_1372662000.png

This is a complete overhaul to the combat system. Lots of things are being changed to to make the server a bit more interactive. Since these changes are so big I would like to clear all characters and see how the server progresses with the new system.

Here is a few things to note:
1. All characters will be backed up. In the event that we decide against this wipe we will be able to restore all your old character data.
2. All donation credits will be redeemable again using !redeem
3. The server will be reopened on Monday, July 1st.

We would like to see what you all think regarding the character wipe so please feel free to voice your opinion.

Here are some of the changes done so far:

~*Spell Changes*~
Spells classified as melee, magic, or ranged will require a weapon of that class to be equipped. Example: flame strike will require a staff, volley will require a ranged weapon, and berserk will require a melee weapon.
Spell levels have been capped at 20.
Spells will now level 50% slower.
The damage of spells is now less dependant on player level.
Self healing spells are no longer dependant on player level and magic power, they are based on a percent of the players health and then increased by the spells level.
Other healing spells are now based on a percent of the targets health and then increased by magic power/spell level.
Light Healing: Soul cost increased to 10.
Great Healing: Soul cost increased to 15.
Grand Healing: Soul cost increased to 20.
Divine Healing: Soul cost increased to 25.
Heal Friend: Soul cost increased to 10.
Divine Restoration: Soul cost increased to 20.
Circle of Healing: Soul cost increased to 50.
Heal Bot: War Mode healing bonus has been reduced to 50% (down from 100%).
Mage Armor: Removed the bonus soul regeneration. Armor reduction reduced to 30% (down from 35%).
Natures Grace: Movement speed bonus has been reduced to 20% (down from 25%). Armor reduction reduced to 25% (down from 35%).
Iron Grop: Armor reduction reduced to 25% (down from 35%).
Iron Skin: Armor bonus reduced to 25% (down from 50%).
Shadow Armor: Armor reduction reduced to 15% (down from 25%).
Divine Aura: Healing has been reduced to 5% of maximum health (down from 10%). Will now reduce armor by 30%.
Lycanthropy: Movement speed bonus has been reduced to 20% (down from 50%).
Weapon Chain: Now classified as a support/melee spell.
Frost Shot: PvP Duration increased to 6 seconds (up from 3 seconds)
Blizzard: Will now slow enemies.
Living Flame: Damage increased by about 30%.

~*Perk Changes*~
Willpower: Soul regeneration reduced to 5% per point (down from 10%).
Mindblast: Duration reduced to 5 seconds (down from 20). Effect chance increased to 5% (up from 2%).
Physician: Effectiveness increased to 10% per point (up from 3%).
Agility: Speed bonus increased to 3% per point (up from 2%).
Vampiric Touch: Life steal percent reduced to 0.5% per point (down from 1%).

~*Other Changes*~
Movement speed from items has been capped at 50% (down from 100%).
Movement speed granted from the movement speed stat has been reduced to 0.5 per point (down from 1).
Base weapon damage is now dictated by a players level. Attack will then increase it from there.
Food will now heal less.
Food duration has been decreased to 20 seconds (down from 30 seconds)
Prices of coconuts and raspberries have been increased slightly.
Fish are slightly harder to catch.
Food and potions will now contribute to hunger. Once a players hunger is at 100% they will no longer be able to use food or potions until their hunger decreases.
Regeneration outside of combat has been increased.
Combat duration has been reduced to 5 seconds (down from 15).

Last edited:
Thank you xagul for doing the right thing here.
Side note, making healing spells based on health % <<IS>> making it level dependent, being that you gain more hp % as your lvl goes up.. I was writing about how I didn't see use in change in vampiric touch, but i get that in hunting having 5 points on that perk, hitting 10k dps = 500 hp/mana per second. However, I played with 7 perks on willpower and still could not manage to spam both attack spells and healing without food and rest between swarms of creatures. Something to think about. Since things are even again, I think i'll go back to the name Riddick, rather Legolas.
I was just getting ready to quit the serv, so this pleases me.

I dont really understand the point of a wipe? There are only like 11 people playing anymore anyways so that would basicly kill of the few players that remain. I personally always hate wipes because all they mean is that players ran out of the content.
By wiping all you do is slightly prolong the time until another wipe is needed. Especially because in the last few days people were actually able to gain 1000 levels in a few days because of changes to the exp rate etc.
Actually the only reason I played this "beta" was because i thought it wasnt going to wipe. Seeing how if it happens once its going to happen again 100% Ill just wait if this ever gets fully released and then play that.

Also to any of the peope thinking they are getting a fresh start and now can outlevel the people that were going on random killing sprees at the end - Just like xagul said the people that are the highest lvl are that because they know the most about the server and also play 3x as much as everyone else. 90% sure the same people would be top 5 in lvls that were before the reset.

Monday?!?! You bitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Nabster every server I see you on you're non factor anyway so be gone with ya.

Reset was needed not because content ran out which xagul had mentioned the jungle was finished anyway. The pvp was super unbalanced and with this new update it looks like pve will be alot better as well. Just because you didn't want a reset nabster does not mean a majority of the server did not. Besides with such drastic changes it is really the only way to test things properly.

Lol wtf is "non factor" supposed to mean? I just play for fun ;/ I also usually dont complain about ZOMGGGG HALP DEY R PKING MEYY so why the fuck would you have to call me out?
Your opinion matters just as little as mine does so stop acting like anything you say actually matters because all I ever heard was you talking about quitting because so and so was so unbalanced and then you come back playing 12hs/day.

That might have come off as insulting but nobody should listen to someone who thinks you need to be 1000% serious to play an "OT" instead of just having fun a few hours a day lol

Personally i felt the wipe was necessary. Obviously being that this is/was (idk) a beta, Xagul was constantly struggling to keep with fixing the serv drastically while people were still playing. This time we're starting the server further developed, and with many of the problems fixed. I'm all for the reset. Also, I most of my friends and I were quitting because there was no drive left to play the serv, it was all worn down. Could be fun to rebuild from the bottom up, however, in the days this server is down perhaps you should add some new features, Xagul. (maybe more achievements? :) )

Make Slice and Dice add a bleed effect if we're gonna change the toggle spells like that here itll make sense for it to have a bleed effect anyways!-slice and frenzy user :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom