• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd suggest working on a website soon or at least turning your website back into a "glorified forum button." I know the community is awesome and does try to help out a lot, but during the slow times it is impossible for a new player to figure out all what the hell is going on. Your server is drastically different from almost anything else out there, there is a HUGE learning curve, and there is pretty much no right or wrong way to play.

New players can't comprehend this and the whole "no vocations" idea has caused a LOT of the new players I meet to just quit. They think that "no vocation" means your some lame rookgaard character, combined with the low exp rates compared to most other servers, and they think this will be a long and boring server to play. If you actually had somewhere with at least a couple guides/explanation threads so that people could see JUST HOW MUCH incredible work and consideration went into this server they would definitely stick around just to explore all the systems/skills you have in place.

Quite frankly, the only thing holding this server back is that new people don't understand it and quit before they can. Hell, when I first joined I almost quit too because it was frustrating not knowing what the hell was going on and all the eq looked lame but people were like "NO! THOSE LEATHER BOOTS ARE L33T! WHY YOU SCRAP THEM!?"

The server is not being wiped because of any specific person or people crying. It is being reset because these changes to combat are going to make the server much harder (exp rate slower even). It would not be fair to new players to level that much slower than everyone else got to for so long.

Btw Shawn i think u will add new areas dungs etc before ppls will get too high lvl and get bored

The server is not being wiped because of any specific person or people crying. It is being reset because these changes to combat are going to make the server much harder (exp rate slower even). It would not be fair to new players to level that much slower than everyone else got to for so long.
it was already boring having to hunt wyrms or warlocks for over 400 lvls, even if it went pretty fast, now you will have to hunt them even longer since people will lvl slower cause everything is harder. and the spawns were already crowded. but now people will have to hunt there even longer > even more crowded
you should make some new monsters to hunt after warlocks, but before demons/crabs

Still probably not going to restart after the wipe but I have to say it is probably a legitimate reason if the pace of lvling is drasticly different. So I guess its a reasonable if xagul thinks a reset is necessary.
And since im bored ill respond one more time to penalty for the lulz.
Apart from the fact that you constantly bitched about so and so being pvp being unbalanced all the time, even though I dont remember you dying to often either . Among other things but I really dont feel like listing them all now
Also I find it kind of funny you get off on the fact im such a "non factor" when you actually invited me to war with you TWICE even though you apparently played a million servers with me ( I only remember dzot and irc I dont really remember you being ANY "factor" pretty much after 7k or so - nor was I ever top lvl or anything but I usually spent a decent amount of time in all the new areas before they got crowded with tons of nubs which is basicly exactly the same as how it is for me on this server )
But yea keep on getting off on the fact that you are so elite and pro because you have dem skills or whatever you think.

GL to xagul and keep on working on making this server better because its definetly the the best server I've played yet and im sure Ill check it out again if you keep updating and keep this project alive.
The only problem I see is that this fizzles out because the player base become too small. I think giving new players a little more in depth tutorials of what to do on the server would help alot like dream girl said because lets face it its 2013 and nobody wants to actually find things out on their on whether we like it or not.

I do think there needs to be something at the start to help new players understand. I would be grateful if someone could think of a list of things I need to show people (in order if possible). One thing I tried to do before the server was released is make a tutorial and the problem was I started mapping it and stared at my screen for an hour before I realized I had no idea what info to display to the player in what order. From there is decided just to do tutorial messages as the player encounters it.

An example of what I want to do is a series of npc quests that will walk you through many of the systems in the server.

An example of what I would like from all of you could look like this:

Step 1: Learning to mine
Step 2: Learning to reforge
Step 3: Learning to fish
Step 4: Learning to enchant

If someone can think of a huge list of stuff like that which I can then put into an npc quest line, you will be rewarded. It is hard for me to think of what information needs to be displayed because I'm the one that made the server.

i could make it but my english is bad so better if some1 else make it and i can just help

I do think there needs to be something at the start to help new players understand. I would be grateful if someone could think of a list of things I need to show people (in order if possible). One thing I tried to do before the server was released is make a tutorial and the problem was I started mapping it and stared at my screen for an hour before I realized I had no idea what info to display to the player in what order. From there is decided just to do tutorial messages as the player encounters it.

An example of what I want to do is a series of npc quests that will walk you through many of the systems in the server.

If someone can think of a huge list of stuff like that which I can then put into an npc quest line, you will be rewarded. It is hard for me to think of what information needs to be displayed because I'm the one that made the server.

general thoughts:

I think the reset is the wrong way to deal with the lack of people. you found beautiful words for that but well. never give in and you get what you want, giver in and you are week(Game of thrones :3 )

personal thoughts:

I used this servers password on another server I will not mention which onei t was and lost my account 6 of the 7 good spells i used(combat) the mage armor (which took me the longest and frustrated me alot) and the items which are the most frustrating part..

I got the chance to start over again :) i hope to see alot of you guys online <3

too all the new starters completl ignore the messages on here. Login and try it. you get in so easy if you give the server 1-2 hours and its xaguls masterpiece. he is the one who got the most to loose. (the biggest ammount of wasted time)
We spent 1 hour, maybe 2 on it. Not a broken bone n shit. Login, sneek peek andd you will love it

King regads- Attila

A restart!? Ill need to sit out this round, but ill start up on the next restart :rolleyes:

Last edited:
general thoughts:

I think the reset is the wrong way to deal with the lack of people. you found beautiful words for that but well. never give in and you get what you want, giver in and you are week(Game of thrones :3 )

Um? The post you quoted has nothing to do with the reset, it was a reply to someone requesting a tutorial.

just a general question... those of your community who found/reported bugs and were rewarded for it, will they get their reward (ie reward tokens) back or will their bug hunting/stress testing be unrewarded after the restart? I understand and respect giving back to the donators, but the real ones supporting the server are those who are finding all the bugs and reporting them.

Why don't you just take the current little tutorial parts you have and make a command where a player can have all these things listed and read about them? The tutorial did work it was just weird how it would tell you as you were trying to do it rather than tell us how to do it and then we go attempt it.

I think the only decent updates are
1. Lowering movement speed.
2. Lowered food regen.
3. Lowering mindblast duration.
4. Increased regen outside of combat.
5. Adding a hunger system.
6. Mage armor defense reduction decrease.
7. Fish are harder to catch.
8. Classifying weapons.

These are the updates that will completely ruin the server IMO, with reasons
1. Level contributes less to damage. <-
reason : the only reason why people level is to increase their damage, i thought leveling would contribute more, and eq would contribute less, otherwise, people would worry about getting eq, and completely ignore the leveling factor. People already mc 1-3 characters to re-roll eq, now its just gonna get worse.
2.Increasing physician effectiveness.
reason : if you're going to increase physician effectiveness, you should increase technique effectiveness aswell, thats just completely unfair.
3.Spell level cap, and exp decrease. <-
reason : the only motivation you have for hunting is to increase the level of your spells, i was hoping to get my soulfire to level 40. i used to hunt in full-defensive even though i don't need to, just to level my spells, i think this is the worst update of all, now people would just go run dungeons... please undo this update, or increase level cap, i don't mind the spell exp decrease, just remove the cap.
4. Mage armor soul regen decrease.
reason : people depend mainly on soul regen decrease for healing, and offensive spells. Since mage armor reduces defense, people use healing more often to compensate for the arm reduction, please consider increasing it again.
5. Willpower soul regen decrease.
reason : people spend points in willpower JUST for the regen, not the increased soul, this update will force people to spend more points in willpower. completely unfair for mages.

I hope i didn't waste my time by writing all that, please consider my suggestions.

When you sign up for a beta there is always the risk of a reset, all of you knew this when you signed up. The point of an open beta is to test the server on a high amount of people. With this he has decided to do a bunch of larger changes to the server and it would only make sense to wipe it to prevent imbalances.

On the botting subject: botting itself is not really a problem, especially not with the system Xagul has in place. Playing manually is almost always faster and more efficient and even if a player is botting he needs to stay close to the computer. The problem is multi-clienting. Players are setting up several characters to fish, mine etc while botting or playing manually on their main character. This creates a scenario where it is virtually impossible for a non multi-clienting player to keep up the pace.

However Xagul has said many times that there is nothing you can do against multi-clienting at the moment. What we CAN do however is create an environment on the server where we strongly discourage multi-clienting and shun those who use it. This definitely requires effort from the higher levels that compete, sadly at the moment before the reset many of the high levels did exactly this. We can do better than that!

Regarding Dream Girl and the rewards for reporting bugs: the real reward is satisfaction from helping the server become better! Isn't it? '^' (( You're just going to use them to extort people out of their money! >_> <_< ))

When you sign up for a beta there is always the risk of a reset, all of you knew this when you signed up. The point of an open beta is to test the server on a high amount of people. With this he has decided to do a bunch of larger changes to the server and it would only make sense to wipe it to prevent imbalances.

On the botting subject: botting itself is not really a problem, especially not with the system Xagul has in place. Playing manually is almost always faster and more efficient and even if a player is botting he needs to stay close to the computer. The problem is multi-clienting. Players are setting up several characters to fish, mine etc while botting or playing manually on their main character. This creates a scenario where it is virtually impossible for a non multi-clienting player to keep up the pace.

However Xagul has said many times that there is nothing you can do against multi-clienting at the moment. What we CAN do however is create an environment on the server where we strongly discourage multi-clienting and shun those who use it. This definitely requires effort from the higher levels that compete, sadly at the moment before the reset many of the high levels did exactly this. We can do better than that!

Regarding Dream Girl and the rewards for reporting bugs: the real reward is satisfaction from helping the server become better! Isn't it? '^' (( You're just going to use them to extort people out of their money! >_> <_< ))

Information for u, Sorry to say that dream girl havnt for sure found any bugs, She is a friend with shawn and Synthetic, Thats why she gets stuff. And there are other rumoers that other "payment" have been done.

Edit: It took less than 2 days before she got a donate castle on syns server and the second best tier, (that she couldnt make herself) i doubt that she found any bugs. "Same "version" of the items happend on syns server"

I think the only decent updates are
1. Lowering movement speed.
2. Lowered food regen.
3. Lowering mindblast duration.
4. Increased regen outside of combat.
5. Adding a hunger system.
6. Mage armor defense reduction decrease.
7. Fish are harder to catch.
8. Classifying weapons.

These are the updates that will completely ruin the server IMO, with reasons
1. Level contributes less to damage. <-
reason : the only reason why people level is to increase their damage, i thought leveling would contribute more, and eq would contribute less, otherwise, people would worry about getting eq, and completely ignore the leveling factor. People already mc 1-3 characters to re-roll eq, now its just gonna get worse.
2.Increasing physician effectiveness.
reason : if you're going to increase physician effectiveness, you should increase technique effectiveness aswell, thats just completely unfair.
3.Spell level cap, and exp decrease. <-
reason : the only motivation you have for hunting is to increase the level of your spells, i was hoping to get my soulfire to level 40. i used to hunt in full-defensive even though i don't need to, just to level my spells, i think this is the worst update of all, now people would just go run dungeons... please undo this update, or increase level cap, i don't mind the spell exp decrease, just remove the cap.
4. Mage armor soul regen decrease.
reason : people depend mainly on soul regen decrease for healing, and offensive spells. Since mage armor reduces defense, people use healing more often to compensate for the arm reduction, please consider increasing it again.
5. Willpower soul regen decrease.
reason : people spend points in willpower JUST for the regen, not the increased soul, this update will force people to spend more points in willpower. completely unfair for mages.

I hope i didn't waste my time by writing all that, please consider my suggestions.

Actually people would then level for more hp to be able to survive to kill the monsters to obtain the next tier in equipment. The reduction in soul effects everyone not only mages. The mage armor soul regen was very op and if you were able to survive the dmg your soul would rarely go from full. Leaving the soul regen in mage armor would counter act what xagul is trying to do with this update. mmm I thought physician was the wound healing perk. The spells now level slower along with the decreased level cap. I think this is good because it would make your spell levels more rewarding. I always capped my willpower it is what you do when you're mage or want longer sustainable dmg/healing.

The update sounds good somethings look iffy but it could make the server challenging. Which was needed because it eventually just turned into botting with no need for manual play. Also it will put some challenges back into completing dungeons which we all just eventually ran through after the first run.

I was excited to see that playing manually is faster, was actually going to try it again, but then saw that people can just mc and put many other characters to do stuff for them......

Hi, this is Michael. I've played on the OT for like a week~ or so. Kinda sucks that i just started getting good stuff and it resets, hopefully it will actually let me log on so i can try and not be super weak compared to everyone now...

P.S- I donated so i mean, kinda want my points xD

Hi, this is Michael. I've played on the OT for like a week~ or so. Kinda sucks that i just started getting good stuff and it resets, hopefully it will actually let me log on so i can try and not be super weak compared to everyone now...

P.S- I donated so i mean, kinda want my points xD
Xagul said he'd reimburse everybody :) so no worries. Also, I think it's a good opportunity for you because there was very little leeway for new players as the old ones were leaving. Lots of retirees will be returning from what I can tell. so there will be helpful people there for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back