• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause my level 1 destroyer with necro armor on hits upto 700 on players. Stop complaining about every fucking thing wrong with summoners and look at their benefits.

Cause my level 1 destroyer with necro armor on hits upto 700 on players. Stop complaining about every fucking thing wrong with summoners and look at their benefits.

I would love to see that since I have 1,4-1,6k dps on dummy with it at level 12 and 180% mp, which makes it 700-800 in pvp. You might also want to know that my dps aren't better than Ash's or Aero's (mage and shadowmage) both of them keeping soul regen, while they AoE dps (as I do with spellsingers), use all these spells, don't lure shit and can stairhop. I'm gonna tell you the benefits: 1. I don't need soul regen at dungeons, which is pretty good and; 2. I can use my spare soul (20 right now) for healing and still go full dps, so that makes summoner good for teamhunting with a blocker (healing and attacking on a mage drains your soul pretty fast).

If you find anything else, let me know. And by the way, I am not the only one who agrees with this which, imo, makes sense. I'm just the one that posts it because I am the summoner.

Summoners definitely need another look at, theres a reason why theres only 1 on the server

Edit: Pz lock time should be lowered to 5-10 minutes as well >.>

There is only 1 on the server because nobody uses it as their main vocation. I use a destroyer when I feel like it and its really good. Another reason why there is only 1 summoner is because at any time there is 15-30 players online and 2/3 are players mc's.

So creeping death needs to be nerf in pvp. Hit someone almost 500 then doing 50-100 dps over time. And i have 700 armor. Little much i think.

- - - Updated - - -

Summoners definitely need another look at, theres a reason why theres only 1 on the server

Edit: Pz lock time should be lowered to 5-10 minutes as well >.>

You also got to think we might have 15 actual players~ 10 or more are peoples farming characters. Which is why we don't get newer players cause all the higher levels have alts in the noob areas for mining or spells mainly.

lol I like all the QQ about the summoners. Yet I am forced to run away from nakedman whenever he switches target on me. Ya summoners are so weak...

I liked that you made hunting more valuable as a team but we cannot hunt anything else stronger by ourselves.

Oh ya I also wanted to say something about that. I'm not able to solo hunt anymore and I have to wait all day for other ppl to log in but everyone i know works or is on a completely different time zone. So for the majority of the week I have nothing to do unless I want to bot scarabs.

If it is so cheap and easy, why don't you provide a link to this miracle solution of yours rather than talk out of your ass? I mean obviously you are new here on the internet but surely there must be some merit behind what you are saying unless you are truly ignorant? If you understand anything about how DDoS works you wouldn't have even mentioned firewall considering that has little to no effect at all. As for the VPN, although you did correct yourself in saying that it doesn't fit for game hosting I have to wonder why you bothered to put that in your post at all since you knew it was irrelevant as you were typing it. And I'm sorry if my response sounds harsh but your 2 posts are just about as useless as someone asking how to make a rope sing and someone responding "source edit".

We do have some protection, unfortunately sometimes it is not enough. There is a point where we have to draw the line. You have to realize that this is an OT Server. We are not developing a product we are developing an open source project and you are playing on it. Spending in excess of $500 a month to protect a private server with roughly 50 active players is just not realistic. Then again, we have been having problems with this host since the start so it may not have been an attack at all.

It is really easy to make a rope sing. Though, you would have to use a custom client, and everytime the rope is used it breaks out into a little song. No source edits needed!

DUMB ADMIN

It's not that summoners are too weak, its that they are to limited to only certain aspects of the game, I believe they should be given more options.

So creeping death needs to be nerf in pvp. Hit someone almost 500 then doing 50-100 dps over time. And i have 700 armor. Little much i think.

LOOOL you cant base a spell being OP from a single player
I have 1k magpower and 2.5k-3k more plvl than you, it's not the spell it's the fact that pvp damage was doubled, get better equipment if you want to be able to pvp with the top dogs. (y)
The spell is fine its been compared to other classes single target spells by Xagul and already did less burst dmg than soulfire BEFORE the 15% nerf.

Last edited:
You also got to think we might have 15 actual players~ 10 or more are peoples farming characters. Which is why we don't get newer players cause all the higher levels have alts in the noob areas for mining or spells mainly.

True that

lol I like all the QQ about the summoners. Yet I am forced to run away from nakedman whenever he switches target on me. Ya summoners are so weak...

Dude, whenever you've had to run from me you had at least one more of us attacking you, and you know it. Whenever we've had a 1vs1 I was always the one that had to run after we both started losing hp since my healing is limited to 20 soul + soul regen, although I could remove summons and heal more, but then I would be useless again. Why is it that your team always attacks me first? I'm the weakest, I can't use any support spell to help me out, and I can't block you while running. I couldn't even run with phasewalk since I wouldn't be able to use that either. Do you really think that's a matter of weakness? I can't use ANY support spell more than healing when I have a summon out, and that seems pretty unfair. Also, I am forced to use all my perk points on willpower to have decent dps, so forget about mindblast, technique, prosperity or anything else that could be really useful. As Crayola said, summoners are very limited to some aspects of the game.

There is only 1 on the server because nobody uses it as their main vocation. I use a destroyer when I feel like it and its really good. Another reason why there is only 1 summoner is because at any time there is 15-30 players online and 2/3 are players mc's.

So, are you implying that summoner shouldn't be a proper vocation? just like a second vocation? I don't think it was planned this way, same as shadowmages should be able to go full shadowmage, just like they are. If you like being a tank ranged summoner mage, go ahead, but I don't.

^

About your argument regarding how you need to have all your perks in willpower, thats the exact same thing for everybody. There is not 1 person on the server who doesnt have most of their perks in willpower.

In my honest opinion, this reset ruined the ot. Too much was changed without being tested for flaws and nobody enjoys staying at hill giants twice as long as before and not being able to solo hunt at all.

^

About your argument regarding how you need to have all your perks in willpower, thats the exact same thing for everybody. There is not 1 person on the server who doesnt have most of their perks in willpower.

In my honest opinion, this reset ruined the ot. Too much was changed without being tested for flaws and nobody enjoys staying at hill giants twice as long as before and not being able to solo hunt at all.
I have no points in will power at all since level 200 or something. Of my team Nakedman is the only one with most of his points in willpower.

I'd like to go on the record that I, as a solo player who enjoys people but hates team hunts, have no chance in hell of keeping up with the rest of the community. I love the pace, and I absolutely love the changes, but I'd love to see some sort of penalty put on team hunters just because I'm spiteful. Perhaps increase the healing if you hunt solo but put a healing penalty if you're in a party (for those who like to party up and have 3 healers and make their team able to hunt things that were unrealistic to even TRY before the healing was nerfed even).

I mean, it is great if you have friends here and are in a guild and can hunt with other people, but the current situation is a nightmare for all the new players I meet. The majority are manual players (<3 manual players) and they are unnecessarily grinding and trying to find any monsters that the plethora of spellbook bots missed by chance. It is kind of sad really, I kind of am getting a little exhausted of the community just because I cannot even show a new player around without having to look in 6 different spots before I find one where there are monsters to kill. I have no problem with being a noob, but I really would like to show off the better qualities of the server instead of having to say "Yeah, there is a lot of bots running around here. You just kind of have to work around them and try to not follow the same waypoints they are going in."

That and I wish there was a damn site. I want to make a couple guides so I don't have to constantly tell the same crap to every new player and then have to walk them all over the map to show them what everything does/is. I don't HAVE to do it, but I really want people to see just how awesome and unique this server is. If I could just point them to a few guides/basic overview links for the server (I'm willing to make them, I r gud @ engrish) then I would save myself a little bit of trouble. The current situation is just killing any ambitions I have left to even bother with trying to help out new players.

Ya the team hunting was fun in the beginning but as ppl in my guild are starting to quit or we have things in our lifes we aren't able to be on at the same time. This makes it hard to team hunt and then when I go to solo hunt I just can't be bothered getting the crap exp/loot from having to kill lower level monsters. I'm almost lvl 600 and hunting solo is horrible. There is no way I'd make this level without having a team.

I know we all wanted to be able to party hunt effectively but it isn't even worth solo hunting. Which I miss...

I don't understand why youre not doing anything about this t6-t7 stalemate...
We've been hunting wyrms for a good 2 weeks now given no information on whether or not youre either going to be adding in the jungle or fixing pirates/quaras.
Yes... wyrms were meant for lvl 600 but we've been hunting them since level 300, the OT isn't the same it was before the wipe... wyrms are suitable for lvl 300s now.
This isn't old news, we've been bitching about it for awhile now and you always just wipe it off this is getting ridiculous.

We could be hunting pirates if you didn't have that stupid ass team split up after the boat crashes. You make the OT impossible unless you hunt in teams and then you throw in a team split up to get to the next area after wyrms... wtf. fucking get rid of it already and if you think we should be stronger before we hunt pirates then make them stronger, the team split up is complete bullshit.

Last edited:
I'd like to go on the record that I, as a solo player who enjoys people but hates team hunts, have no chance in hell of keeping up with the rest of the community. I love the pace, and I absolutely love the changes, but I'd love to see some sort of penalty put on team hunters just because I'm spiteful. Perhaps increase the healing if you hunt solo but put a healing penalty if you're in a party (for those who like to party up and have 3 healers and make their team able to hunt things that were unrealistic to even TRY before the healing was nerfed even).

I mean, it is great if you have friends here and are in a guild and can hunt with other people, but the current situation is a nightmare for all the new players I meet. The majority are manual players (<3 manual players) and they are unnecessarily grinding and trying to find any monsters that the plethora of spellbook bots missed by chance. It is kind of sad really, I kind of am getting a little exhausted of the community just because I cannot even show a new player around without having to look in 6 different spots before I find one where there are monsters to kill. I have no problem with being a noob, but I really would like to show off the better qualities of the server instead of having to say "Yeah, there is a lot of bots running around here. You just kind of have to work around them and try to not follow the same waypoints they are going in."

That and I wish there was a damn site. I want to make a couple guides so I don't have to constantly tell the same crap to every new player and then have to walk them all over the map to show them what everything does/is. I don't HAVE to do it, but I really want people to see just how awesome and unique this server is. If I could just point them to a few guides/basic overview links for the server (I'm willing to make them, I r gud @ engrish) then I would save myself a little bit of trouble. The current situation is just killing any ambitions I have left to even bother with trying to help out new players.

I have to agree, Id always just rather hunt myself instead of team hunting. But if you dont team on now you wont get as high as the party/team hunting. I got 300~ solo. I just to many things was changed at once. We keep losing more and more people. I was on last night and it wasnt but 8 people online when theres usually at least 15-20 online.

I too have the same feeling, I have been working out some ways to deal with this. Many perks are unused because willpower is so necessary. Also the healing system was really cool for a bit and did promote team hunting but it really makes it hard to solo.

Some things I am planning on doing:
Reduce soul cost/increase amount healed for self healing spells (or both I'm not sure)
Increase the effectiveness of numerous perks so they are more appealing.
Add basic health and mana potions to the shop for people who do not want to sit and pick flowers all day.
Reduce the armor penalty of most enhancement spells so they are more useful. (atm it just makes you die faster than you already do)

I have also been playing with the armor formulas, making armor a bit more effective and making power give a bit more base damage. The idea is to make players less susceptible to damage from monsters but reduce the effect in pvp as much as possible. A side effect is a bit more damage which seems to be another problem with solo hunting anyway.

I don't understand why youre not doing anything about this t6-t7 stalagmite...
We've been hunting wyrms for a good 2 weeks now given no information on whether or not youre either going to be adding in the jungle or fixing pirates/quaras.
Yes... wyrms were meant for lvl 600 but we've been hunting them since level 300, the OT isn't the same it was before the wipe... wyrms are suitable for lvl 300s now.
This isn't old news, we've been bitching about it for awhile now and you always just wipe it off this is getting ridiculous.

We could be hunting pirates if you didn't have that stupid ass team split up after the boat crashes. You make the OT impossible unless you hunt in teams and then you throw in a team split up to get to the next area after wyrms... wtf. fucking get rid of it already and if you think we should be stronger before we hunt pirates then make them stronger, the team split up is complete bullshit.

First of all, just because you run around botting 6 characters so you can loot every spell in the game and then take 10 people to wyrms and crush them at level 300 does not mean "wyrms are now a level 300 monster". All cheese tactics aside, you will not be hunting wyrms at 300. With that said, I am working on the jungle and I have said that already. What you fail to realize is that I am developing this server by myself and although you may like to mass bot and no life the server I do enjoy doing stuff other than working from time to time. Unfortunately if you are going to continue playing the way you are then you will have to wait for content. Right now whats more important to me is making the server enjoyable for people that are playing solo.
And funny enough you think I made this server require a team and THEN made quara area split, its the other way around there big guy.

P.S.
I have put more hours into the development of this server than you have worked a job in your entire life. Don't you fucking dare try to imply that I am not doing anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back