• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Switching versions

Testerus

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Hello,
I've got a server running on 8.6, and I'd like to switch to a higher version, like 10.53 for instance.
I'm using TFS 0.3.6, and I know I'll need to change that too.

Is anyone kind enough to help me make the transition?

Thanks.

That is a lot of work upgrading scripts and such, even if you used a library file for the transition something is bound to break due to different return types, parameters or even flags.

I can't do the map for you but I can do the scripts and database, I'll need a copy of your data directory + config.lua (even if config is the default) and a db dump or sql schema, if you made changes to the db like extra tables i'll need to know that ahead of time

Send me a pm if your interested

Last edited:
That is a lot of work upgrading scripts and such, even if you used a library file for the transition something is bound to break due to different return types, parameters or even flags

I just want to have the map, and like 2-3 scripts...
Is it that hard?

So your 8.6 isn't live?

If that is the case then just download the 1.xx tfs and set it up

If you have your own map just use the latest rme and set its map properties to 10.35 then save it in the data\world directory and make the changes in config.lua, you'll need to use their sql schema tho

You will also need to make a new character in the database, there is no ingame account manage in tfs 1.0 - 1.1 or support for sqlite

If your not using a AAC you will need to do a query in the db to create a new account and player, not sure if AAC creates a default account :p

Last edited:
So your 8.6 isn't live?

If that is the case then just download the 1.xx tfs and set it up

If you have your own map just use the latest rme and set its map properties to 10.35 then save it in the data\world directory and make the changes in config.lua, you'll need to use their sql schema tho

You will also need to make a new character in the database, there is no ingame account manage in tfs 1.0 - 1.1 or support for sqlite

If your not using a AAC you will need to do a query in the db to create a new account and player, not sure if AAC creates a default account :p

Will I need to change any NPC's?

As far as I can tell not really.

Also want to point out you can use an earlier map in the tfs 1.xx i got myself an 8.4 i think running on the 1.0

I just switched from 8.6 to 1.0 myself a few days ago :)

You can just do so much more with the newer tfs than you could with previous distros :)

Having a bit of trouble.
I get the error 0xc000007b. I looked at some threads and videos but still nothing.

-I'm using Windows 8, x64.

-I downloaded the 64bit OpenTibia DLL Pack (and put in the TFS folder).

-I downloaded the 64-bit C++ redistributable package and installed it.

I'm trying to run it and I'm getting that error.
Took it from here: http://otland.net/threads/1-0-tfs-evorpg-v5-10-41-64x.221354/

3e-8pVv2B.jpg

Thank you very much!

Back