• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tales from Middle-earth (Project based on "The Lord of the Rings") [Custom]

Thoughter

~ Have fun!~
Reaction score
2db2h5g.jpg

[video=youtube;hzrXS-AsuPk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzrXS-AsuPk[/video]

What is "Tales from Middle-earth"?

"Tales from Middle-earth" is an Open Tibia project based on Tolkien's work (from "The Lord of the Rings" to "The Hobbit"). We want to recreate his fantastic world in an Open Tibia Server full of places and quests inspired on his literature. We are using our own client based on 9.60-9.80 with a few changes (90% will keep as original Tibia).

Team

Project Manager and Graphic Designer: Thoughter
Project Manager and Head Mapper: jordi-tje
Scripter: UpInSmoke
Storyliner: Tenzhiro
Mapper: Dark199
Mapper and Spriter: Noxiz
Scripter and Web Programmer: Big Vamp
Programmer: Kirtashdark

Do you want to join us? Click here

Confirmed Places

Release
  1. Hobbiton 90% Completed
  2. Breeland 20% Completed
  3. Rivendell
  4. The Lonely Mountain 10% Completed

After release (updates)
  5. Moria
  6. Fangorn
  7. Isengard
  8. Rohan
  9. Gondor
  10. Mordor

Screenshoots

Troll's area

241ntw4.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, but i agree why 8.60. Go for the latest ones, with mount system!

But why 8.60? :,(

Looks good, but i agree why 8.60. Go for the latest ones, with mount system!

We will choose the version depending on which mappers, scripters and programmers we get. We are looking for a team (check Jobs section).

I guess because the owner likes to bot on his own server.

We will use the OTclient customized so there will be no chance to bot.

I would suggest you to get about 5-6 highskilled mappers. search.

Get maximum of 1-2 scripters. every " good " scripter got his own style to deal with problems and find solutions with 2 people is fine, 3 people in allways stressed me alot. (such as fare's ascalon) having its own style, xdc having slirpas style and so on.

Keep going and dont overextend, keep going slowlyand dont do to much on your own so you dont loose the will to work on :)

I wish that some day there would be a complete LOTR ot project which actually goes live..
I wish you good luck, but you have to get some good mappers.
I feel like the map has to be creative and very detailed to evoke the right feelings etc. Not to say that the current mapping is bad but I really dont like the last 3 screenshots at all. They are not "close enough to nature", not the right atmosphere..

I wish that some day there would be a complete LOTR ot project which actually goes live..
I wish you good luck, but you have to get some good mappers.
I feel like the map has to be creative and very detailed to evoke the right feelings etc. Not to say that the current mapping is bad but I really dont like the last 3 screenshots at all. They are not "close enough to nature", not the right atmosphere..

We are trying to represent our own map, not every place like the film. Our map represents our vision according to what the books describe and we are trying to avoid a copy of the film. Anyway these pics are not finished yet, there are a lot of details remaining, that is just the "skeleton". We have to add much more nature (as you said) and a few animals (like pigs and cows). Thank you for your opinion, it worths a lot :)

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest you to get about 5-6 highskilled mappers. search.

Get maximum of 1-2 scripters. every " good " scripter got his own style to deal with problems and find solutions with 2 people is fine, 3 people in allways stressed me alot. (such as fare's ascalon) having its own style, xdc having slirpas style and so on.

Keep going and dont overextend, keep going slowlyand dont do to much on your own so you dont loose the will to work on :)

We have opened a thread looking for more mappers, I hope we get good ones. We are going to work as much as we can, make sure that we aren't going to give up :)

Last edited:
thats amazing. it will add so many fking features. if there is some orc vocations you can give tham starting mounts for the wargs and they evolve and get stronger till they are outgrown or something meh too many ideas only 2 hands to script with shiat i love 9.6 and I hoope that you will be the fastest scripter ever *-*

thats amazing. it will add so many fking features. if there is some orc vocations you can give tham starting mounts for the wargs and they evolve and get stronger till they are outgrown or something meh too many ideas only 2 hands to script with shiat i love 9.6 and I hoope that you will be the fastest scripter ever *-*

Yeah, there are many ideas to develop but we need good scripters before. Let's hope we get one.

I like the idea , such a server would be amazing but u'll have to gather a buckload of talented people and even then it will be hard to complete it, a lot of people tried and failed.
but i wish u the best of luck :)

maybe try to talk to some people who tried making it before, maybe they are interested in joining again or give some pointers or maybe even give some of there stuff, u can always ask :) i think Resource was making a lotr server as well but it died i think

Just dont lose hope and keep working :) then it will be awesome!

Kind regards ,
Hehemidu

I like the idea , such a server would be amazing but u'll have to gather a buckload of talented people and even then it will be hard to complete it, a lot of people tried and failed.
but i wish u the best of luck :)

maybe try to talk to some people who tried making it before, maybe they are interested in joining again or give some pointers or maybe even give some of there stuff, u can always ask :) i think Resource was making a lotr server as well but it died i think

Just dont lose hope and keep working :) then it will be awesome!

Kind regards ,
Hehemidu

Hello mate, thank you for your support. I have contacted with Xenios but he hasn't replied me yet. It would be amazing if we can get some resources from past projects.

We got two good scripters and we are looking for mappers now, we can't advance with only one mapper (jordi). Let's have hope with that project :)

Cheers, Thoughter.

Wow, nostalgic for me =D Anyone remember Xedrai's huge Middle-Earth project from OTFans? =P

Wish you best of luck mate ^^

middle-earth_ground-2.jpg

This is the last minimap Xedrai posted. He has his own thread. Just search :)
Good luck with it. It will take a lot of time

This is the last minimap Xedrai posted. He has his own thread. Just search :)
Good luck with it. It will take a lot of time

I know that project. We are going to make a smaller map trying to adapt it to tibia, not such a hugue map.

Cheers! :)

Back