• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Terrible problem with FPS when playing Tibia

Recreant

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Hello there.
I don't know if i should seek help there, but I have no other idea so let me ask for your help.
When i start ANY tibia client, my FPS and game fluidity seems fine, unless i use fullscreen. And i am forced to use fullscreen ,because i learned how to play only with fullscreen enabled and it allows me to aim my SD's easier (oldschool player here). But when i do that, my game feels like i played with 15-20 FPS when my PC is really good and the problem doesn't really occur until i enable fullscreen. Do you have any idea how to find a solution on this, or is this just some weird problem with my computer? I haven't installed anything, didn't upgrade windows, the problem occured out of nowhere. And ideas what could cause that?

Hello,

you could supply us with some information about your hardware. Are you running directx9 or opengl on the client? Sometimes fullscreen applications are handled differently by your graphics card driver.

Kindest Regards,
Okke

I suggest you install Driver Booster 5, its totally free and make a short scan for refresh all drivers, test this and answer. try to download any program for see the CPU º

Hello,

you could supply us with some information about your hardware. Are you running directx9 or opengl on the client? Sometimes fullscreen applications are handled differently by your graphics card driver.

Kindest Regards,
Okke

I am running directx9. Tried every other option (opengl and dx5) and the problem is the same. My hardware:

8 GB ram
Intel core i5-5200U CPU
Graphic card: Nvidia geforce 970M
Operating system: Windows 10

it's a laptop, if that' helps. Every other game works as intended, be it League of legends, cs:go, fortnite or something like that, it works properly without any issues. It's just tibia and every tibia client I used has the same problem, the screen shakes like crazy, it shows stable 110 fps but it feels like i played with 15-20, i am stuck on one walking animation for one minute and i basically move one square per second. Very annoying problem.

I used too have that with the old tibia client but after tibia 11 its smooth

Can you share a screenshot of you graphics options in the client? The first window is the one which will apply for FS.

I am running directx9. Tried every other option (opengl and dx5) and the problem is the same. My hardware:

8 GB ram
Intel core i5-5200U CPU
Graphic card: Nvidia geforce 970M
Operating system: Windows 10

it's a laptop, if that' helps. Every other game works as intended, be it League of legends, cs:go, fortnite or something like that, it works properly without any issues. It's just tibia and every tibia client I used has the same problem, the screen shakes like crazy, it shows stable 110 fps but it feels like i played with 15-20, i am stuck on one walking animation for one minute and i basically move one square per second. Very annoying problem.

Check your Nvidia-Control Panel, you may find an option that allows the application control the graphics, try disabling that and run the client in fullscreen mode once again. Also check that the resolution of the fullscreen game has the same measurements as the current resolution of your desktop (sometimes graphics card have problems when changing the resolution and drawing).

Regards,
Okke

Make sure you are using your 970M instead of your CPUiGPU when not in fullscreen.

Updating drivers didn't help at all.

I already disabled and enabled it back in nvidia control panel, it didnt change the situation. Game was very fluid as long as I didn't activate fullscreen, after I activated it everything went back to shit. I use 970M without fullscreen, but i think it swaps back (?) or something into my integrated graphic card which performing way worse.

I remember that once in a while, on certain Tibia clients, when i activated fullscreen it notified me that "This isn't optimal size for this application, system is gonna introduce changes after you restart the application". When it happened, I just used the tool to resolve problems with compatibility and it was normal again. What happened after the system introduced changes? It made my crosshair twice as big, basically 1,5 tibian square meter wide and it was really tough to aim with that. Performance was better, but it was really annoying to aim sd. So i just resolved problems with compatibility every time i started the clien't so it wouldn't happen. Now i have this problem that game doesn't work fluidly in fullscreen mode.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Last edited:
Updating drivers didn't help at all.

I already disabled and enabled it back in nvidia control panel, it didnt change the situation. Game was very fluid as long as I didn't activate fullscreen, after I activated it everything went back to shit. I use 970M without fullscreen, but i think it swaps back (?) or something into my integrated graphic card which performing way worse.

I remember that once in a while, on certain Tibia clients, when i activated fullscreen it notified me that "This isn't optimal size for this application, system is gonna introduce changes after you restart the application". When it happened, I just used the tool to resolve problems with compatibility and it was normal again. What happened after the system introduced changes? It made my crosshair twice as big, basically 1,5 tibian square meter wide and it was really tough to aim with that. Performance was better, but it was really annoying to aim sd. So i just resolved problems with compatibility every time i started the clien't so it wouldn't happen. Now i have this problem that game doesn't work fluidly in fullscreen mode.

Hey I have same problem, you fix it?

Hey I have same problem, you fix it?

yeah, i fixed it. I downloaded windows update, but i don't know how it works at all. If i run into any FPS issues i just search for windows updates and it resolves the problem somehow, i don't know how this shit works really

just go to your windows updater settings and click "check for updates", that should do the trick

Back