• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TFS 0.2x 8.22] People can't login on my server [CRITICAL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerox124

Im Aerox1337
Reaction score
Hello OTLand.
Several problems occur when people is trying to connect to my server.

Here is an example screenshot :
zpa490tmp.jpg

#### INFO UPDATED ####
I did do a test to see if the router or anything was blocking my players.
I disconnected my internet from the router and then connected the internet cable to my modem (that means im not using router anymore)
I told a teammate to try to login on my server. SAME Problem.

This means there is no problems with port forwarding/router. For the moment im testing if people can login if im using another server (Would work)
So if this work it means it's the server that is making that people cannot connect.

Thank you,
Aerox

Last edited:
Can they sometimes connect, or is it like this always? If so, you might want to portforward.

We need a little more information to be able to help you.

Also, don't bump within 24 hours of your previous post.

@Akor Shel
They come to the character list, then when they are trying to log on the message comes up :/

@Empty
It has been like that all the time.
But i know there is not needed to Port forward because they come to the character list but then when they choose a character and logins that message comes up.

Hello, I guess it's your lucky day today.

Why they cannot login at their character is that

1. If you have a router, it's blocking all incomming traffic probably.

2. If you don't have a router, open ports in your firewall (windows firewall is the easiest firewall program to open ports in)

However, if you're using a router, you have to login at your router, go to virtual servers and open port 7171 for TCP AND UDP Can be both) I don't know which router you're using, but however, when you háve opened the ports in your router, go to your firewall, open ports and make an exception, turn it off with other words. That should work for you!

If it still dont work, tell me

@Nikkegoes1337

I do have a router. Ports are already opened. And as i said they connects to the server and the character list comes up, but when they pick a character and logins that window comes up :/

Updated thread, I have now tested if the router and ports affect anything of my servers.

Since i never had this problem on any computer, Also im hosting a Counter Strike : Source server without problems. There must be something with the TFS to do.

Disabled F-Secure.

Make sure you have written the correct global IP in config.lua.

Make sure they are trying to connect to your server with your global ip first, then check the domain version.

Disabled F-Secure.

Make sure you have written the correct global IP in config.lua.

Make sure they are trying to connect to your server with your global ip first, then check the domain version.

emmm i have the same problem.... something it's wrong with patch 11...

And trust me it's not a router or computer problem i just downloaded the latest TFS then i broadcast i will shutdown for a sec i remembere there was 132 players online put the other TFS exe and BUM nobody can log in... and im afraid to open the patch 10 because of the "DUPE" bug...

@Znote

Im not using F-Secure, my teammate took this screenshot when i asked him to do it so i can show what comes up.

hmm... Maybe you ip went down (if your using domain name). Try using the actual global ip if ur not. Some time its happens. As for the tfs new patch it gives a few error messages about "on:server error and RSA Decryption"(cant say from the top of my head). These messages often start appearing on like 2 hours uptime.

If your usin a softtware such as No-ip DUC, then try configuring it to check update every 5 minutes.

@Devhir

Well if they are entering wrong ip then please tell me why their client connects to my server and they try to login (they only comes to character list) then the window on the screenshot appears.

Last edited:
@Devhir

Well if they are entering wrong ip then please tell me why their client connects to my server and they try to login (they only comes to character list) then some kinda this window appears.

yep thats right.... and on my BitDefender firewall i read the whole log and found that....

Code:
2008/09/16 13:17:13.093    [BDFTDIF][DEVIO] Application error. User buffer too small.

NOTE: Before you come here and talk shit about the firewalls i tested with the 2 firewall disable and nothin..... so don't post here about the firewalls!

@Dark Warrior

This has nothing with firewall to do.
And what do you think you are?

Don't go around tell people you are right all the time, first read what the problems is then UNDERSTAND it.

I had BiosoftOTP on my computer and it worked all good.

But when i use TFS it don't work.

And if you wana tell me to use BiosoftOTP then i wont because it has ALOT ALOT ALOT bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back