• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.0 (10.41) for Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominique120

Science & Reason
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
I've seen a few people asking for it or saying that they cant compile it themselves because MSVC does not work for XP so here I've compiled it for you.

I tested it on Windows XP SP3. Remember this is a 32 bit build so dont expect to run any big maps.

You'll get the exe with the newest source (rev 1503) and protocol 10.41, along with the required DLL files and the VC redistributable.

Source code: https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver

Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol.. why they dont buy windows 7 ultimate :D Cost like 120 euro in norway atm :D

i dont know why people still use the old stuff.. bcs the old stuff is easier to hack and someone can just use cmd to like Fuck the computer up :D So get Windows 7 :D

As always great job :)

I've a problem with your TFS version. When I click a close button on a console it displays a messagebox "
The exception unknown software exception (0x40000015) occurred in the application at location 0x00b27676.
Click on OK to terminate the program" and crashes. Every time.

Lol.. why they dont buy windows 7 ultimate :D Cost like 120 euro in norway atm :D

i dont know why people still use the old stuff.. bcs the old stuff is easier to hack and someone can just use cmd to like Fuck the computer up :D So get Windows 7 :D
1390795203445.png

Not everyone can spend 120 euro on an operating system. Some people dont even have access to a proper computer store where they can buy it so they are stuck using whatever OS the computer they bought way back. Even if they where to buy a pirate copy(or download it) they still need to install it.

Remember how many South Americans populate this forums, 120 euro for them is alot of cash in their currency.

I don't understand why someone use Windows XP... if you don't have money to buy other OS why not use Linux?

I don't understand why someone use Windows XP... if you don't have money to buy other OS why not use Linux?

No knowledge of the existence linux, not enough knowledge about computers to preform an OS re-install.

120eur? You must either have a faulty currency exchanger or your buying at some small computer store, here in Sweden its around 90eur.

dominique120, can you make tutorial how to compile on Windows XP or give me your compiler :p
There is no way to do that, since you need a compiler that only works with win7 and win8, the only way is to do it via someone like Dominique that compiles it for you and then sends it to you.
Nice contribution for winXP users!

dominique120, can you make tutorial how to compile on Windows XP or give me your compiler :p

I could make a tutorial for cmake and mingw but I dont know if its worth the effort really. Windows XP is more than 10 years old, its really time to upgrade :p

120eur? You must either have a faulty currency exchanger or your buying at some small computer store, here in Sweden its around 90eur.

There is no way to do that, since you need a compiler that only works with win7 and win8, the only way is to do it via someone like Dominique that compiles it for you and then sends it to you.
Nice contribution for winXP users!

Hehhe higher prize in norway then Sweden :D

I could make a tutorial for cmake and mingw but I dont know if its worth the effort really. Windows XP is more than 10 years old, its really time to upgrade :p

I was try compile TFS 1.0 by Code::blocks (mingw) and I have many error. If you have free time, please make this tutorial, I will be very happy.

id like this in 64bit mode for windows 7...... ;)

I was try compile TFS 1.0 by Code::blocks (mingw) and I have many error. If you have free time, please make this tutorial, I will be very happy.

you can get any windows 7 iso image
and install virtualbox and make fake windows 7
get needed things to compile tfs
then transfer them to the fake windows , every one know how to do that xD

then after compile take the exe to the real pc :eek:
and compile it as your operation need 32x or 64x

it maybe worth this time xD

If you would make a tutorial about it, many people would be grateful - not only these on Windows XP, but these that find using Visual C++ a pain in the ass aswell ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back