• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.1 - problems ~ Please Help!

FLE

Reaction score
So im back after many years... I just wanted too say..
Thanks too everyone at otland, for keeping it going. (you know who you are)
Thanks for all the endless hours of work everyone here puts in. Thanks for STILL making it all possible.

So anyways my issue this time around ...

I just compiled tfs 1.1 from the github master sdk.
(64x)

everything is working great.. the only problem is my npcs wont load, i had too remove the npc scripts folder... (causing 759 npcs not too load) ... because thats the only way it runs stable.

My server will not start up with the npc scripts folder in its right place, it starts loading them, and crashes?

any ideas? i can upload screenshot of error if necessary.

-- I am using the master-world.. master-data.. , master-forgotten tfs 1.1 sdk --

thanks,
-martin

Last edited:
How about catching what the console says before it crashes? Or another method that may be tedious and time consuming, but will also yield results, would be to start adding the scripts in one at a time.

So the console starts trying too load the npc scripts for each npc, and it says not enough memory or something and crashes

I will try too get you guys a screenshot

Hey codinablack, how do i find out if i am using the correct libs?

See.. I compiled from the master sdk... im using the master datapack...

are they possibly not compatible?

this is frustrating.. i almost went ahead and tried doing it 1 by 1... but i mean cmon... that would mean i need to restart server 800x (759 npcs)

that would drive me insane

So the console starts trying too load the npc scripts for each npc, and it says not enough memory or something and crashes

I will try too get you guys a screenshot

What kind of data pack are you trying to run? Judging by the amount of NPCs it can not be the official one that comes with the source files so I would guess ORTS.
If that is the case, what are your computer specs?

@Rydan
i have an i-7 4930k 8gb ram and 2tb hd and I run 64bit windows 7 home premium... and yes omg I AM using the ORTS datapack.

this whole time I thought I was using the forgotten one, until you mentioned how many npcs there are. (sorry just about hit the wall here, im tired and incoherent)

So 3 things i guess:
1. is my computer too weak to run this?
2.are the npc scripts compatible with tfs 1.1
3.is there a solution? :D

Thanks,
-Martin

@Rydan
i have an i-7 4930k 8gb ram and 2tb hd and I run 64bit windows 7 home premium... and yes omg I AM using the ORTS datapack.

this whole time I thought I was using the forgotten one, until you mentioned how many npcs there are. (sorry just about hit the wall here, im tired and incoherent)

So 3 things i guess:
1. is my computer too weak to run this?
2.are the npc scripts compatible with tfs 1.1
3.is there a solution? :D

Thanks,
-Martin

1. No, you should be able to run the ORTS data pack with that specs.
2. Yes, they should be.
3. Most likely, yes.

Did you replace the whole default data pack with the ORTS data pack or only parts?

@Rydan
I didnt replace anything actually, I compiled tfs 1.1, i got the config.lua ,dlls, and the schema.sql from the sdk, and my data folder is the orts datapack. - thanks for trying to help me btw i appreciate it

@Evil Puncker
yea about that, I have seen u posting that all over the place, but my system is 64x so i compiled in 64x.
are you suggesting 32bit is more stable on 64x platforms? and if so can you elaborate?

@FLE
you need to change your system to 32 bits or make a partition and install windows 32 bits, or just do as any smart person and use any linux related system and enjoy a 99.9% stable server since windows is not meant to hosting (even for fun hosting alike) :p

and sorry for not being clear xD

Are you familiar with dual boot? and would this work in my particular situation? I have an amd opteron II with only 6gb ram collecting dust, I could potentially use that as my host, what do you recommend for my ubuntu?

Dual boot? or.. amd opteron II? ><'

Thanks,
-martin

@Evil Puncker

Hey Bro, I have ran this server for 16 hours stable now and going, (without npc scripts folder being loaded {i simply moved it})

I strongly believe the TFS 1.1 64x crashes are related too npc scripts!!.

I was finally able too load server with the npc scripts folder , but after short time it would crash.

This is 64x and it has been online without any disruptions hosted off windows 7 home prem..

So i guess a new question arises..

Does anybody know why the npcscripts from ORTS is causing my server too crash?

Thanks,
-martin

Last edited:
This is really old topic, the npcs were the problem, is a memory bug caused by the last of execution of the onthink function in x64 systems BUT is still related by the "lack" of ram, I did some tests while ago moving all the npcs to into a single area in a small map (old evolution) and the server didn't crash at all.

@EDIT: I thought this problem was already fixed o_O

I've seen this reports before, but yesterday i downloaded the pack and ran 64bit for a hour. No crash.

If none can provide any crashlog, then we cannot help.

This crash seems only happen to windows 64bit.

Went too work today I got home.. and the server is still running no crashes, over 24 hours STABLE....(without the npc scripts folder)

@Printer
Hey, are crash logs saved somewhere? or should i debug it in visual studio and upload that?

@Colors

Hi, did you mean by "lack of ram" is my 8gb not sufficient :| ? or did you mean in general? and if so .. what is the memory requirement too host tfs 1.1 with these npc systems?

Thanks guys,
-martin

@FLE
You have to run it through visual studio as debug mode. When it crash, the studio will gather the crashlog.

Back