• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved [TFS 1.2] Custom monsters problem

Ovnyx

Solutions
Reaction score
hi guys,

im having a problem since this morning and i cant find what is the error.

Inside my monster folder i have another one called "custom" and in that folder there are 3 more: [ice,energy,fire].

i have modified the creatures names and some of their flags.

the problem that i have is that it only works with 2 of that folder the fire folder doesnt work, and i dont know why, because i do the same for the 3 folders, and only 2 works.

Code:
<monster name="custom_demon" file="custom/fire/custom_demon.xml" /> -- this one doesnt work
---
<monster name="custom_sea serpent" file="custom/ice/custom_sea serpent.xml" /> -- this one works!

any idea whats going on here? i check in monsters.xml and the "file" path its correct im goin crazy with this!!

I appreciate any help and thanks in advice!
Ovnyx.

Solution
Yeah man you are gonna need to give us some more information and/or also try some other debugging methods, like changing the name of the file, moving the file to different folders, assigning to another monster. So very often it is something very small which is why it was overlooked.

We don't have have access to your system to run these tests, we didn't write the script, we aren't familiar with your setup. Help us to help you.
Remove the underscores and check.

hi i tried, but it works with or without the underscore, but sitll doesnt work with the monsters inside fire folder, when i try to /summon custom_demon nothing happen, just a sendcancel saying there is enough room :/

replace this

Code:
<monster name="custom_sea serpent" file="custom/ice/custom_sea serpent.xml" /> -- this one works!

with this

Code:
<monster name="custom_sea serpent" file="custom/ice/custom_sea_serpent.xml" /> -- this one works!

hi buddy, thanks for your answer, i already tried that but it doesnt work, the other one contains exactly the same form:

Code:
    <monster name="custom_demon" file="custom/fire/custom_demon" />

Code:
that is prefix + monster name

where prefix is = custom_
and monster name = demon/sea serpent, etc

the you got custom_demon while concatenating them

i cant understand why if they had the same form it works for some folders and it doesnt for the other one :/

thanks in advice!

what exactly is the problem?
does the monsters.xml actually load with no errors? or can you just not spawn the monster with /m ?
need to include this kind of information

Yeah man you are gonna need to give us some more information and/or also try some other debugging methods, like changing the name of the file, moving the file to different folders, assigning to another monster. So very often it is something very small which is why it was overlooked.

We don't have have access to your system to run these tests, we didn't write the script, we aren't familiar with your setup. Help us to help you.

Solution
hi thanks for your replys , excuse me if if didint provide enough information.
i finally found the error, im so stupid lol.

I did not realize that in monsters.xml where i placed the "fire" folder creatures in the "file" tag i didnt put the .xml into the path, thats why they where not working because it was not pointing to any xml file, guess i have been working on this a lot of time and i should take a rest lol

thanks for all your support!!
Ovnyx

Last edited:
Back