• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows TFS /DISTRO VERSION ??

Klank

Althea ¤ A New World Developer
Reaction score
Hello..

As the time has come for loads of scripting for my project i need someone's advice on what distro version to use..

The map is based on 10.35 client and is a custom map.
Our plan is to have loads of feature's and scripts..

Me and my team are discussing about the TFS 1.0 since it's so stable and fast.. But i have also heard that this is based on for Real maps.. We are currently Version 0.3.7_SVN (Crying Damson) but having problems updating it for client 10.35...

So my question is: What TFS version are the best for a custom map with alot of features/scripts?

ANSWER BY EVAN:
1.0 is the best version and it is up-to-date (active), its primary focus is to have the stability of 0.2 and features of 0.3, but it's got both and many more.
0.2 was the main version under development by Mark before he stopped that and went to 1.0.
0.3 was Elf's version. There is no official production or continuation of 0.3, so 0.3 is dead.
0.4 was just "playground" version. Developers would just use 0.4 to test features and stuff. Like 0.3, 0.4 is dead.

1.0 is simply the best version, there are absolutely no arguments against it.
The only people that say otherwise are the people that are too lazy to update their 0.3/0.4 datapacks to 1.0.

Last edited:
You will be missing alot of functions, but I think the last 0.3.7 version was 9.8x? And 1.0 does have versions in 10.10, 10.31, 10.35, 10.37 I think.
Id go with tfs 1.0.

You can host any map with any server.

Yeah, iknow.. I dont know as much of this as you guy's but i thought one version was better for custom maps :?

Maybe someone want to explain what the difference on the tfs versions is?
1.0 , 0.2? 0.3, 0.4 :) make a thread about it or something? I bet it's a lot of ppl like me wondering bout that ;)

1.0 is the best version and it is up-to-date (active), its primary focus is to have the stability of 0.2 and features of 0.3, but it's got both and many more.
0.2 was the main version under development by Mark before he stopped that and went to 1.0.
0.3 was Elf's version. There is no official production or continuation of 0.3, so 0.3 is dead.
0.4 was just "playground" version. Developers would just use 0.4 to test features and stuff. Like 0.3, 0.4 is dead.

The only people that say otherwise are the people that are too lazy or stupid to update their 0.3/0.4 datapacks to 1.0.

The only people that say otherwise are the people that are too lazy to update their 0.3/0.4 datapacks to 1.0.

Just awesome Evan.. Thank you for your feedback!! This is very appriciated. I put this at the top :)

The only people that say otherwise are the people that are too lazy or stupid to update their 0.3/0.4 datapacks to 1.0.

Lazy? There are alot of users who want to keep the 8.60 protocol and since there isen't any 1.0 yet with 8.60(if there ever will be any) but if they we're to make one where you just have to change the version variable to 8.60 I think that most users would move to 1.0, mainly since its so more stable and uses less memory then any other tfs.
Another thing to stay with 0.4 is that as you said, it has more features.

I both 0.4 3884 and tfs 1.0, I like them both but the thing is that if you aren't running an rlmap without events its hard to not use 0.4.

You will never see 8.60 in TFS 1.0 as far as I know. There is a lot of changes in the protocol and it would be overly complex to support both protocols (newest and 8.60).
This could introduce bugs, instability and confusion. You should be happy that we have an engine that is very stable for one version at all, if Mark did not continue development of TFS 1.0, there wouldn't be anything stable at all (0.4 is not).

My point is that if you want to have a stable engine, start porting your datapacks to TFS 1.0 instead of waiting for TFS 1.0 to support 8.60 because it won't.

You never know Martyx I think his name id created one from 0.3.7 to 860.
But the only thing I would like is the posibility of not using the cooldown system and the functions from 0.4.
Maybr the war system but that might not be posible.

There will always be cracked bots, so I hardely belive that the only reason users stick with 860 is elfbot.

But atleast to me as I said is the cooldown and the 0.4 functions are the most importent things to add.

You never know Martyx I think his name id created one from 0.3.7 to 860.
But the only thing I would like is the posibility of not using the cooldown system and the functions from 0.4.
Maybr the war system but that might not be posible.

There will always be cracked bots, so I hardely belive that the only reason users stick with 860 is elfbot.

But atleast to me as I said is the cooldown and the 0.4 functions are the most importent things to add.
tfs 1.0 already got war system lol also martyx did almost nothing, himself said that it was based on the downgraded version by *insert some OTServ dev name here* that is also available for download at premium board since years

tfs 1.0 already got war system lol also martyx did almost nothing, himself said that it was based on the downgraded version by *insert some OTServ dev name here* that is also available for download at premium board since years
I know you can still download it.
And im talking about the old war system.

Back