• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows [TFS] Won't Run - This program has requested runtime to terminate...

J Da Juice

╪ I Am Da Juice ╪
Reaction score
Does anyone know why I get this error while trying to run TFS Console or TFS GUI? I really want to know what I can do to fix the problem. Someone please help, and thanks in advance.

EDIT: Running Windows XP if that helps.
EDIT2: Do I need certain CPU specs?
EDIT3: Do I need a Windows Update?

I'll check the config.lua again, but I'm pretty sure it's perfect. Could there be ANY other factors contributing to my problem with running the .exe?

Also, NO anti-virus blocking & all ports forwarded!

Well this specific problem can have a number of reasons, some of which im sure only a dev could answer.

My tip is to run windows update and install each and every update available, and make sure you got the latest version of .NET (Lacking .NET entirely or just having an outdated version can give odd errors).
Also a suggestion is to redownload the DLL-pack and re-extract the DLL files within, since they might have been corrupted last time you downloaded them (Corrupt DLL files can give fun errors too).

Also supplying us with the version of TFS used would help alot.

Oh and to answer your "EDIT2" question, no, you dont need a specific CPU to run TFS, it works on all 32 bit processors no matter what brand or type.
(Not sure about 64 bit though)

1.) Windows fully updated.
2.) Brand NEW DLLs
3.) TFS 0.2 / TFS 0.3

Also .NET Framework 3.5 is installed.

Still problems. Thanks for taking the time to try and help me though. I want this fixed xD.

Didn't work for me. This EFFIN sux! Anyone recommend any other servers?

Don't give up S: you should be doing something wrong :/
Atm i can't give you any advice because you didn gave any potential information about what you did and since it work for every one the only "good" rason for runtime error is cuz your doing something wrong...

Try running console version. If will occur on console, then its not gui-sided error (as I'm actually suspecting)- what means there's some uncompability in your system with dll files.

THERE IS HOPE NOW!!!
Thank you two for replying xD

It might be, ive seen many cases where people cannot use programs or play certain games cause SP3 is messing things up.
I got SP2 on my server still, and i can run TFS just fine.

I'm going to downgrade (if possible, but most likely is) to SP2, cause most updates w/ everything recently...JUST PLAIN SUCKED!

Try running console version. If will occur on console, then its not gui-sided error (as I'm actually suspecting)- what means there's some uncompability in your system with dll files.

Ok. Will do soon as I downgrade xD
Thanks you two...rep xD
EDIT: Can't give anymore to Elf xD
EDIT2: I would have to restore my whole CPU...not a big problem because I have nothing much on here, that just suxs xD...restoring it and re-installing all the programs =(

Last edited:
now i'm going to tell you what causes this error, is not about the server but Windows, in folder WINDOWS/system32 there are 2 files called msvcrt.dll and msvcirt.dll, this error is caused only if this files are version 7 or greater if these files are from version 6 or older you may not have this problem.

NOTE: you can't replace them 'cause these files are protected, you can rename to msvcirt.old and msvcrt.old and place the version 6 files instead BUT IS NOT RECOMENDABLE (own experiece)there should be some way to downgrade these two files

Your's Keyla

Back