• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling The easiest way to compile The Forgotten Server

Bintzer

One Love
Reaction score
Step One: Download the sources
The easiest way to get the complete sources without downloading any extra programs is by doing this:

1. Go to the release of the TFS version you wish to compile.(In this tutorial we'll be using 0.3.6pl1)
Here's the link:
http://otland.net/f18/8-54-forgotten-server-0-3-6pl1-crying-damson-59924/

2. Click on Browse under the Source Code suptopic. (For a complete list of source codes for every TFS distribution you can go to this link: Tags - TheForgottenServer)
2j7jg0.png

3. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Download GNU Tarball
117xqo7.png

4. After you download it, extract it to your desktop.

Step Two: Download The Forgotten Dev-Cpp
1. Go to this thread and download TheForgottenDev-Cpp:
http://otland.net/f19/forgotten-dev-cpp-v2-5-a-1024/

2. Extract it to your C drive (C:)

Step Three: Compile

1. Open Dev-C++ and click Open project or file

2. Navigate to 0.3.6pl1 > dev-cpp and open TheForgottenServer.dev
4gkbj7.png

3. Click on Compile
if0sjn.png

And that's it! After it's done compiling your new .exe will be created in your 0.3.6pl1 > dev-cpp folder!

Note: For everyone who has problems with -lboost_regex try this
NOTE: For those having the lboost_regex problem:

I was having it at the beginning too but after messing a bit with it I was able to fix it, I think the way is a bit unorthodox though :p

Dont even know if it should be that way but it worked out so here it is:

1. In Dev-Cpp (Im using v2.3 and it worked fine), go to menu "Project" then click "Project Options" (or press ALT + P).

2. It will show a window with some tabs, click on the Parameters tab.

3. You will see 3 big text squares, being "Compiler:", "C++ Compiler" and the one we will use: "Linker".

In there you should have this:
    Code:
    -O1
    -lboost_system
    -lgmp
    -llua5.1
    -lboost_regex
    -lmysql
    -lsqlite3
    -lwsock32
    -lxml2
    -lmysql
    -lws2_32
    -s

Or something similar, and below that text square there should be a button that says "Add Library or Object".

4. Now, what you're gonna do is remove the "-lboost_regex" line from the list so it will look like this:

Code:
    -O1
    -lboost_system
    -lgmp
    -llua5.1
    -lmysql
    -lsqlite3
    -lwsock32
    -lxml2
    -lmysql
    -lws2_32
    -s

5. Now click on the button "Add Library Or Object", go to your Dev-Cpp folder (should be "C:\Dev-Cpp"), enter the folder called "lib", there you will see a lot of files, find the file called "libboost_regex" and click Open.

6. Now your list should look like this:
    Code:
    -O1
    -lboost_system
    -lgmp
    -llua5.1
    -lmysql
    -lsqlite3
    -lwsock32
    -lxml2
    -lmysql
    -lws2_32
    -s
    ../../../../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libboost_regex.lib

Or something similar.

7. Now that you manually added the library, click "Ok", and click "Compile" (or press CTRL + F9).

It should work now!

PD: If you want the "Parameters" to look "prettier" just for the hell of it :p You can just go to your Dev-Cpp > lib folder, copy the file "libboost_regex" and paste it on your sources's Dev-Cpp folder, which in this case if you followed Bint's steps, it should be in Desktop > 0.3.4 > dev-cpp.

Now just go back to Parameters tab, in Linker delete this line:

Code:

And repeat step 5 but this time open the file from your sources folder, the one you just pasted. Then it will look like this:

Code:
-O1
-lboost_system
-lgmp
-llua5.1
-lmysql
-lsqlite3
-lwsock32
-lxml2
-lmysql
-lws2_32
-s
libboost_regex.lib

Works both ways so last one is not neccesary, its just me that Im crazy.

Anyways I dont know if we're supposed to do that manually like that :p but it worked fine for me and I tested it on 2 versions without problem: 0.3.4 and 0.3.2.

Hope it works for you.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Hey,

I am trying to complain but i just downlaoded the new 2.3 DEV and broaws that and i did't even changed any thign just clicked on complain and it gives me error

Code:
../server.h:127: error: `cout' is not a member of `std'

../server.h:147: error: `cout' is not a member of `std'

make.exe: *** [obj//otserv.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

The link is at the bottom of my first post.
Here's it again:
The Forgotten Dev-Cpp v2.2

I tried to compile fixed version using both dev, 2.2 and 2.3, console and gui version of server, each time i get this boost error
any1 can help me?

Hey Bintzer, excelent thread mate it was about time for someone to make an updated and clean compiling tutorial!

Ive always had problems compiling and I actually never successfully compiled (on Windows), until now ;) Thanks again, and Ill +Rep as soon as I can cause I repped you for something else earlier already so it doesnt allow me :p

NOTE: For those having the lboost_regex problem:

I was having it at the beginning too but after messing a bit with it I was able to fix it, I think the way is a bit unorthodox though :p

Dont even know if it should be that way but it worked out so here it is:

1. In Dev-Cpp (Im using v2.3 and it worked fine), go to menu "Project" then click "Project Options" (or press ALT + P).

2. It will show a window with some tabs, click on the Parameters tab.

3. You will see 3 big text squares, being "Compiler:", "C++ Compiler" and the one we will use: "Linker".

In there you should have this:
    Code:
    -O1
    -lboost_system
    -lgmp
    -llua5.1
    -lboost_regex
    -lmysql
    -lsqlite3
    -lwsock32
    -lxml2
    -lmysql
    -lws2_32
    -s

Or something similar, and below that text square there should be a button that says "Add Library or Object".

4. Now, what you're gonna do is remove the "-lboost_regex" line from the list so it will look like this:

Code:
    -O1
    -lboost_system
    -lgmp
    -llua5.1
    -lmysql
    -lsqlite3
    -lwsock32
    -lxml2
    -lmysql
    -lws2_32
    -s

5. Now click on the button "Add Library Or Object", go to your Dev-Cpp folder (should be "C:\Dev-Cpp"), enter the folder called "lib", there you will see a lot of files, find the file called "libboost_regex" and click Open.

6. Now your list should look like this:
    Code:
    -O1
    -lboost_system
    -lgmp
    -llua5.1
    -lmysql
    -lsqlite3
    -lwsock32
    -lxml2
    -lmysql
    -lws2_32
    -s

Or something similar.

7. Now that you manually added the library, click "Ok", and click "Compile" (or press CTRL + F9).

It should work now!

PD: If you want the "Parameters" to look "prettier" just for the hell of it :p You can just go to your Dev-Cpp > lib folder, copy the file "libboost_regex" and paste it on your sources's Dev-Cpp folder, which in this case if you followed Bint's steps, it should be in Desktop > 0.3.4 > dev-cpp.

Now just go back to Parameters tab, in Linker delete this line:

Code:

And repeat step 5 but this time open the file from your sources folder, the one you just pasted. Then it will look like this:

Code:
-O1
-lboost_system
-lgmp
-llua5.1
-lmysql
-lsqlite3
-lwsock32
-lxml2
-lmysql
-lws2_32
-s
libboost_regex.lib

Works both ways so last one is not neccesary, its just me that Im crazy.

Anyways I dont know if we're supposed to do that manually like that :p but it worked fine for me and I tested it on 2 versions without problem: 0.3.4 and 0.3.2.

Hope it works for you.
Cheers.

i have made what guitar freak wrote and im getting an error:
Code:
 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\boost\date_time\filetime_functions.hpp In function `uint64_t boost::date_time::winapi::file_time_to_microseconds(const FileTimeT&)':

Code:
101 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\boost\date_time\filetime_functions.hpp [Warning] left shift count >= width of type

Back