• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team The Forgotten Realms

Sam

Banned User
Reaction score
Greetings everyone!

Are you tired of joining projects that just shut down and NEVER succeed?
Would you like to be a part of the longest on-going project in OpenTibia at the moment?
Would you like to be a part of one of the most unique servers that will dazzle OpenTibia?
Would you like to work on an organized and effecient "get-things-done" team?

Then The Forgotten Realms are for you!

It's that time again! TFR is finally hiring new members, as most of our staff team has randomly died off.

If you are interested in joining our team and participating in one of the to-be biggest servers in all of OpenTibia history, nows your chance. We have been up and going for an amazing 2 or 3 years! I can't even remember when we first started. We are based on Ere'nath's map with a few modifications. We are probably one of the most organized projects you could possibly join, there's only benefits for you; the member! We have our own forum in where you'll have access to tasks, to submit work and it's all for fun. Have your ideas made into real!

If you are truly excited about joining this project, here's some position openings for you; quoted directly from our website:
Mapping Team
If you are an experienced mapper and would like to join the mapping team, you will have to see if you meet the following requirements and then write an application:

• Detailed & dedicated in ALL of your work.
  • Experienced in certain aspects or ALL aspects of mapping.
  • Able to work with others in an orderly fashion.
  • Able to co-operate with rules set in our staff team, I.E submitting work on a weekly basis.
Your tasks will be:

• Mapping certain areas according to your skill level.
  • Detailing and making sure the maps are RPG-playable.
  • Submitting all your work on a weekly or less basis.
Scripting Team
Note: If you are a programmer, it is in the same category as scripting. We are also looking for programmers!
If you are an experienced scripter and would like to join the scripting team, you will have to see if you meet the following requirements and then write an application:

• Experienced in certain aspects of scripting, I.E NPCs, LUA, C++ etc. OR an all-around scripter.
  • Able to learn new things and proceed to complete new challenges and code difficult and unique scripts. If you have beginner knowledge it's still alright, give us a shot and we can always put you on lower-quality tasks.
  • Able to work with others in an orderly fashion.
  • Able to co-operate with rules set in our staff team, I.E submitting work on a weekly basis.
Your tasks will be:

• Scripting simple NPCs, complicated NPCs, LUA & C++ if possible upon request of other team members or your own judgement.
  • Submitting work on a weekly or less basis.
Content Team
If you are a talented writer, a creative thinker or something of the sort and would like to take an attempt at the content team, see if you meet the following requirements and then write an application:

• Be Fluent in English, other languages are a bonus.
  • Be creative, able to write with proper punctuation.
  • Lots of spare time to contribute.
Your tasks will be:

• Writing storylines for certain mapping pieces, teasers, quests, etc.
  • Thinking of quest ideas, NPC names, throwers, monsters, spell names, systems and overall server suggestions.
  • Co-operating with the public and looking for new ideas for the server, spreading the ideas to our staff and possibly developing them in the near future.
Webdevelopment Team
If you are talented in either design or coding, a position in the webdevelopment team might be for you. Read the following requirements and if you meet them, write an application:

• Experienced in PHP/MySQL or in graphic design for OpenTibia related websites. Also a plus if you can code custom forums and special functions on account sites from scratch (or based on others).
  • You must be creative! Lots of hard stuff will be necessary.
Your tasks will be:

• Creating a website design from scratch and either coding a new website from scratch or based on another well-scripted OpenTibia CMS (not gesior).
  • Creating certain fuctions in PHP & MySQL for the account page.
Head Developer: Scripting Category
If you are an exceptional scripter and are interested in managing our scripting team, read the following requirements and applicate if you meet them:

• Able to manage a team of other users and stay organized and on top of things.
  • Able to script at an advanced level.
  • Have a lot of spare time.
  • All the requirements from the "Scripting Team" category.
Your tasks will be:

• Managing the scripting team category & hiring new people upon the thumbs up of a project leader.
  • Organizing tasks and making sure members are doing their jobs correctly.
  • Creating advanced scripts - high knowledge of LUA or C++ necessary (both are preferred).
  • All the tasks of the "Scripting Team" category.
Head Developer: Content Category
If you are an exceptionally creative person, this may be the task for you. If you are interested in managing our content team, please read the following requirements and applicate if possible:

• Able to manage a team of other members and stay organized.
  • Able to promote TFR publicly.
  • Able to write in exceptional English and/or other languages.
  • Have a lot of spare time.
  • All the requirements from the "Content Team" category.
Your tasks will be:

• Managing the content team category & hiring new people upon the thumbs up of a project leader.
  • Organizing tasks, stories, ideas and make sure members are doing their jobs correctly.
  • Creating long stories & teaser information.
  • Advertise TFR's development on other forums & be some sort of "publicity manager".
Closed Positions: Head Developer: Mapping Category
Directly copied from theforgottenrealms.net

If you would like to apply; please read below!
It is not necessary but we sincerely ask you to apply on our own forums as it's much easier for our staff members. Please when applying state so here so we can all go and check your application as soon as possible. Let us know if you are interested in joining by PM or a simple post here.

Our homepage: theforgottenrealms.net
Our forum: theforgottenrealms.net/forum
Apply in this board: Staff Applications

Thank you for your interest in our team and I hope to see you aboard our team shortly. If you need more information please do read about us on our own board. ;)

Sincerely,
Sam F.
TFR Management Team

QUOTE:
OH MY GOD.

I never said it would take 2 years. I'm saying it has taken 2 years from the beginning of the project.

The project should take around 6 months to complete if workers are doing well. Maybe even less!

Last edited:
I will be away from today until Tuesday night. Please feel free to submit applications with examples and I will review them upon my return.

2-3years OMG? Wtf why so long the project will need? no one will join and why you would have from me 1 mb map????!!!

ps-> Project will great but dont take so much "years" *.*

rax0n, please. If you get more mappers into the team. Don't send them the map. Just let them send it to you, so you can import it.

Serogan 2 yeas includes lots of months of breaks :) we will be done soon tho.

Neon, I already have a system where only me an head dev of mapping touch the map (jocce).

i like your project
and i really wish you good luck man
but i think you are taking it too far...
1) that's a lot of time
2) servers like that are no longer respected :S

good luck anyways

Apply yourself Shad.

Divo, it includes breaks. Should be done soon... I still like these servers it's the only part of opentibia I like. I don't care if others don't like it.

Actually, this sounds quite nice.
Good luck.

I know everyone is saying it will take 2years, yes its a big project, but i seriously think atleast make it 9months, or 1year. 2Years? I bet ya you will be 90% new team members by then. (Most Likely)

OH MY GOD.

I never fuckin' said it would take 2 years. I'm saying it has taken 2 years from the beginning of the project.

The project should take around 6 months to complete if workers are doing well. Maybe even less!

I hope ya project goes the best,
free bump,
I might join as-well, [AS A MAPPER]
but lets hope schools will close for the swine-flue issue.

Hello,

I've read nothing about a supporter? Like MOD between player~team.

Maybe the most important thing at a project.

best regards

CM Pepsi

It looks awesome.
Not available for a project though. But keep it up. I will sure play. :)

I hope ya project goes the best,
free bump,
I might join as-well, [AS A MAPPER]
but lets hope schools will close for the swine-flue issue.
Alright, thanks mate. Feel free to apply.

Hello,

I've read nothing about a supporter? Like MOD between player~team.

Maybe the most important thing at a project.

best regards

CM Pepsi
Like a GM? All our staff members will receive some sort of staff position in-game, so we don't need more. If it's the case when it opens, which I highly doubt, dedicated players may be promoted.

It looks awesome.
Not available for a project though. But keep it up. I will sure play. :)
Thanks mate. We are in heavy planning stage atm, so many ideas going through my mind I don't know where to start. At least the map is pretty well done. :)

Back