• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Forgotten Server Icon Competition - Voting thread - V3

What submission do you think is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like all of them but nr.2 was my favo eventho it kinda looks scarry in a way.
1. Looks deadly
2. Looks like a drunk
3. Just doesn't feel right but still like it for some reason xD

It's finally time for the long awaited update regarding the icon competition.

The plan was to announce @River KA as the winner, but sadly we got reports that he had violated one of the competition rules - "You MUST NOT entice others to vote for your entry".
And therefor after an internal staff discussion we have come to the conclusion to disqualified @River KA and announce @ralke as the winner to avoid prolonging this poll by creating a new one with just @ralke and @Sir Sezago's entries.

We understand that some might not like this decision, but we had certain rules in this competition and we want them to be followed, this decision is final and won't be changed.

Congratulations @ralke!

It's finally time for the long awaited update regarding the icon competition.

The plan was to announce @River KA as the winner, but sadly we got reports that he had violated one of the competition rules - "You MUST NOT entice others to vote for your entry".
And therefor after an internal staff discussion we have come to the conclusion to disqualified @River KA and announce @ralke as the winner to avoid prolonging this poll by creating a new one with just @ralke and @Sir Sezago's entries.

We understand that some might not like this decision, but we had certain rules in this competition and we want them to be followed, this decision is final and won't be changed.

Congratulations @ralke!

Where are the proofs?
You are saying that with NO PROOFS, because THERE ARE NOT.
I'm justing asking that.

Is too easy say loud "we got reports that he had violated one of the competition rules".
I want to see proofs. This is NOT fair.
I did NOTHING WRONG.
I followed ALL the rules, including I CREATED SOME RULES for this competition.

You're being dishonest not just with me, but with everyone who voted for mine (@Mark ) since you disqualified me without proofs.

1629955847886.png
1629956640596.png
1629956662427.png

No proofs, not even on private message.

Still waiting.

Last edited:
got curious now aswell even tho i dont care for the icon ;p show some proof mr wibben : )

Imagine in court, prosecutor saying they have proof the defendant is a murderer and when asked by the judge to show this proof, he just says "no, I can't".
Fucking love this community 🤣

Imagine in court, prosecutor saying they have proof the defendant is a murderer and when asked by the judge to show this proof, he just says "no, I can't".
Fucking love this community 🤣
Great comparison; icon-creators & murderers.

"You MUST NOT entice others to vote for your entry".
@River KA announced his submission on multiple Discords, even pinging @everyone on his OTServer's Discord, thus enticing his own players to vote for him.
Many of those posts have been edited afterwards.

Why would you think that we would purposefully disqualify someone? If you think we didn't like the entry and wanted to choose another one, then why do you think we would even start the competition from the beginning? There are many qualified icon-creators online that we could've contacted for a small fee for much higher quality icons.
Even among staff our votes did go for different submissions as well.

Follow the rules or get disqualified, simple as that.

Great comparison; icon creators & murderers.
I could use literally any other case and it would still make my point but nice try.
@River KA announced his submission on multiple Discords, even pinging @everyone on his OTServer's Discord, thus enticing his own players to vote for him.
Wasn't that hard now, was it?

I could use literally any other case and it would still make my point but nice try.

Wasn't that hard now, was it?
You're bringing forward your statement in a deragatory way, and it's just discouraging us moderators from answering properly.
Your view on us and the community is sometimes very negative and you're not really helping to create the good atmosphere you are wishing for.

Some users are super quick to go on an attack instead of just accepting things for what they are or confronting topics in a nice manner. If you want to help to create a better atmosphere then start with yourself.

You're bringing forward your statement in a deragatory way, and it's just discouraging us moderators from answering properly.
Your view on us and the community is sometimes very negative and you're not really helping to create the good atmosphere you are wishing for.
Blame WibbenZ, not me, all this could have been avoided if he would just simply post what you just posted.

Why would you think that we would purposefully disqualify someone? If you think we didn't like the entry and wanted to choose another one, then why do you think we would even start the competition from the beginning? There are many qualified icon-creators online that we could've contacted for a small fee for much higher quality icons.

Again: Show me the prints that shows me that I'm enticing others to vote for my entry. That's ALL I'm asking.
Share the link of this thread is not enticing others to vote on mine when I didn't said which was my entries.

I NEVER shared MY SUBMISSION on discord servers, lol. NOT EVEN MARKED @everyone on messages.
If you saw a print of that, this is clearly a fake evidence against me, because I N-E-V-E-R did that.
And you say I shared on multiple discord servers as I was spamming everywhere, when I shared in 3 Discord servers.
You will never find anywhere else, than the 3 places I showed him.

The messages was edited because at the time I really made a mistake (but not asking people to vote on mine, not even marking @everyone), and I fixed it.
What is wrong with that?
And that's the issue:
Wibbenz said he has PROOFS that I'm SHARING MY SUBMISSION to ENTICE OTHERS TO VOTE ON MINE.
I want to see these prints. If you have it and they are true proofs, I will say nothing more.

If SOMEONE REALLY REPORTED me, then YOU WILL HAVE PRINTS (on plural because Wibbenz said he has reportSSS on plural).

Why would you think that we would purposefully disqualify someone?
Because of that:

1629981304114.png

Show me proofs.
I'm still waiting for proofs, not Wibbenz's words against mine without proofs.

Last edited:

And why don't you simply post the evidence then? Also, did anyone even verify the evidence you were sent (yes, actually join the servers where that supposedly happened and compare the timestamp of when the message was posted to when it was edited, maybe he simply had a bad link, wording, typo or whatever)?

Simple screenshots of messages are easy to fake
gaWngd5.png

The discord was public, not his. He linked the voting thread without saying anything like "vote for me".

You speak much about friendly atmosphere, yet when the community is against your decisions, you ban them out and never listen. Working like this, you'll achieve your "friendly atmosphere" only when you ban every single user from this place and there won't be anyone to work on otservers anymore.

Besides that, you still haven't shown a single proof.

And why don't you simply post the evidence then? Also, did anyone even verify the evidence you were sent (yes, actually join the servers where that supposedly happened and compare the timestamp of when the message was posted to when it was edited, maybe he simply had a bad link, wording, typo or whatever)?

Simple screenshots of messages are easy to fake
gaWngd5.png
Yes it has been verified.

You claim that screenshots are easily editable, so as "proof" for you; should we testify in court that we've seen the messages? Or how do you propose that we bring you proof except for actually telling you that he broke the rules?

Regardless, it's clear enough by reading the conversation River KA just posted that even then he broke the rules from the first place. Editing the posts later on doesn't matter, because votes might've been brought in before the edits.
And simply just saying "Hey guys there's a voting competition here, vote on any one you want" in another forum, might be enticing for votes. If I would've posted something like that in my Discord servers, people would've automatically voted for me even though I wouldn't explicitly tell them to.

The discord was public, not his. He linked the voting thread without saying anything like "vote for me".

You speak much about friendly atmosphere, yet when the community is against your decisions, you ban them out and never listen. Working like this, you'll achieve your "friendly atmosphere" only when you ban every single user from this place and there won't be anyone to work on otservers anymore.

Besides that, you still haven't shown a single proof.
I have never banned anyone that did not break the rules, and we don't BAN people, we warn them and they'll get banned after they've received 3 warnings. There are plenty active users that haven't gotten a single warning for 10+ years, so I'm not sure what you're on about. Also, since you really want proof of things, perhaps you should send me proof of your bold statements.

Again: Show me the prints that shows me that I'm enticing others to vote for my entry. That's ALL I'm asking.
Share the link of this thread is not enticing others to vote on mine when I didn't said which was my entries.

I NEVER shared MY SUBMISSION on discord servers, lol. NOT EVEN MARKED @everyone on messages.
If you saw a print of that, this is clearly a fake evidence against me, because I N-E-V-E-R did that.
And you say I shared on multiple discord servers as I was spamming everywhere, when I shared in 3 Discord servers.
You will never find anywhere else, than the 3 places I showed him.

The messages was edited because at the time I really made a mistake (but not asking people to vote on mine, not even marking @everyone), and I fixed it.
What is wrong with that?
And that's the issue:
Wibbenz said he has PROOFS that I'm SHARING MY SUBMISSION to ENTICE OTHERS TO VOTE ON MINE.
I want to see these prints. If you have it and they are true proofs, I will say nothing more.

If SOMEONE REALLY REPORTED me, then YOU WILL HAVE PRINTS (on plural because Wibbenz said he has reportSSS on plural).

Why would you think that we would purposefully disqualify someone?
Because of that:

View attachment 61503

Show me proofs.
I'm still waiting for proofs, not Wibbenz's words against mine without proofs.
Other admins/moderators voted for your entry. Just because me and WibbenZ didn't, doesn't mean that we would disqualify you without reason. I couldn't care less what the icon is, if I would've cared then I wouldn't have chosen any of the submissions, but have had a custom one made professionally.

It's very very very obvious that they just didn't want to use an adobe stock icon that anyone could download for free and they needed an excuse to get rid of it. Sorry @River KA but you were never a competitor. The mods will always get to decide based on their personal biases, they don't actually give a rats ass about the community.

It's very very very obvious that they just didn't want to use an adobe stock icon that anyone could download for free and they needed an excuse to get rid of it. Sorry @River KA but you were never a competitor. The mods will always get to decide based on their personal biases, they don't actually give a rats ass about the community.
Again, if we would've not cared about the community here, we would've paid someone to do the icon professionally. Stop spreading disinformation please.

Yes it has been verified.

You claim that screenshots are easily editable, so as "proof" for you; should we testify in court that we've seen the messages? Or how do you propose that we bring you proof except for actually telling you that he broke the rules?

Regardless, it's clear enough by reading the conversation River KA just posted that even then he broke the rules from the first place. Editing the posts later on doesn't matter, because votes might've been brought in before the edits.
And simply just saying "Hey guys there's a voting competition here, vote on any one you want" in another forum, might be enticing for votes. If I would've posted something like that in my Discord servers, people would've automatically voted for me even though I wouldn't explicitly tell them to.

I have never banned anyone that did not break the rules, and we don't BAN people, we warn them and they'll get banned after they've received 3 warnings. There are plenty active users that haven't gotten a single warning for 10+ years, so I'm not sure what you're on about. Also, since you really want proof of things, perhaps you should send me proof of your bold statements.

Other admins/moderators voted for your entry. Just because me and WibbenZ didn't, doesn't mean that we would disqualify you without reason. I couldn't care less what the icon is, if I would've cared then I wouldn't have chosen any of the submissions, but have had a custom one made professionally.

"Yes it has been verified."
How? We all didn't see anything from you and Wibbenz up to this time. I'm still waiting.

You said that I marked people with "@everyone" and I didn't do this, never.
You said that I asked people to vote on my submission, and I didn't do this, never.
So how is your method of checking? I'm curious.
Show me that print that you said you saw these information, @Kaspar .
Make this favor to our community.
Or you didn't see that? If you do, who send that to you? Wibbenz?
I still want to see the prints about the reports.

And you are out of arguments when you say that when I share the link of this thread without saying what is my submission is entice people to vote on mine.
Share the thread was never against the rules.

"doesn't mean that we would disqualify you without reason"
"if we would've not cared about the community here"
Ok, if you care, show us that reason.
Show us the prints of all reports they "sent" to you and Wibbenz.

Again:

Then, let's make it easier:
  • You show me the prints.
  • I open my computer with Team Viewer or Any Desk, so ANYONE WHO WANTS TO can see ALL MY ACCOUNTS. So you will be able to check the real sources.

I'm so confident that I didn't do anything wrong, that I'm making available access to my own computer to ANYONE for MUCH TIME AS NEEDED.

Last edited:
Thanks for the congratz @WibbenZ

I think you guys are exhausting yourselfs with all this discussion. If OTLand take this decision, it's a shame since it was a fun voting (viewing all the written comments). But OTLand is mostly in charge of developing The Forgotten Server and I accept they decission, as staff.

There's a lot of potential on this community, nice artists, programmers, and other areas are getting merged in the same game and thats really good in my perspective. Really, I would like the community to get along better with the staff, for me The Forgotten Server has always been an open source tool, updated by users who do not seek a greater interest than to test their knowledge or who just want to have fun developing

Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back