• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Forgotten Server Icon Competition - Voting thread - V3

What submission do you think is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the congratz @WibbenZ

I think you guys are exhausting yourselfs with all this discussion. If OTLand take this decision, it's a shame since it was a fun voting (viewing all the written comments). But OTLand is mostly in charge of developing The Forgotten Server and I accept they decission, as staff.

There's a lot of potential on this community, nice artists, programmers, and other areas are getting merged in the same game and thats really good in my perspective. Really, I would like the community to get along better with the staff, for me The Forgotten Server has always been an open source tool, updated by users who do not seek a greater interest than to test their knowledge or who just want to have fun developing

Regards!

I will respect the decision of the OTLand when they show us the proofs, no problem.
Again, is easy to say that some "sent reports" to them against me.
If they show true proofs, I will stop talking for sure, don't worry.

I think you guys are exhausting yourselfs with all this discussion.
No. Wibbenz and Kaspar are doing this by denying up to this time to show the proofs.
It's not fair for ANYONE (not just myself) to be accused with no shown proofs. Or do you think it is?

Why all of this and no proofs shown? Did you ask this question already?
I answer for you: because I did nothing wrong and there is no proofs at all.
They decided to disqualify me and didn't show any proofs up to this time.

@ralke it's not even about the icon. It's about the community making the decision and the mods going against it.
I wouldn't consider linking on public discords unfair. It helped the thread reach a wider audience so a more objectively pleasant icon could be chosen.

In the end, the icon I voted for won, but that victory just doesn't feel right.

I wouldn't consider linking on public discords unfair.

Yes I agree on this point. But honestly, if we're me, I would ask to a moderator if I could share the thread first, instead of doing it. I'm used to do this stuff, ask for permission first even if we're talking of free sources. For sure, what i've just said I think is a missunderstood between River and the moderators due the lack of communication. It is something technical, that was not understood explicitly and that created the problem, I think.

Yes I agree on this point. But honestly, if we're me, I would ask to a moderator if I could share the thread first, instead of doing it. I'm used to do this stuff, ask for permission first even if we're talking of free sources. For sure, what i've just said I think is a missunderstood between River and the moderators due the lack of communication. It is something technical, that was not understood explicitly and that created the problem, I think.

Hi again.
This is not a misunderstood.
They accused me without proofs and I'm still waiting their proofs.
What is the problem to show the proofs? The problem is that there are no proofs.
Is too easy to accuse anyone without proofs, don't you think?

If WibbenZ and Kaspar cares about this community, they will be transparent showing the proofs against me, as its my right to see why I've got disqualified of this competition.

Dude, the proof is that you shared the thread, and that was interpreted as you entice other users to vote. That's why I tried to say before and what I understood about all this.

Dude, the proof is that you shared the thread, and that was interpreted as you entice other users to vote. That's why I tried to say before and what I understood about all this.

"Dude". This is not against the rules. Never was. Never will be.
And if you read well, they are accusing me to clearly asking people to vote on my submission including marking "@everyone" since the beginning, and I never did that.

Well, I won't extend this conversation.
I'm still waiting the proofs, moderators.

That's all I want: true proofs against me.
@WibbenZ The proofs that you "can't" show me that you said you "checked".
@Kaspar The proof that you said I showed my submission, asked people to vote at my submission and marked with "@everyone" that you said you saw and "checked".

Last edited:
This is actually fucking ridiculous, its only an icon...
Also you did not allow for mapping competitions to take place during this whole fucking icon competition, for months and months, leading to most mappers leaving for discord groups which are far more active than a dying forum.
and now after your entire voting process you make it redundant due to "encouraging others to vote for his piece" yet you show no proof/refuse to.

No offence ralke but your icon is a piece of shit, you can see pixelated white lines throughout the whole piece, probably not noticable when it is turned to an icon but still. Rivers piece was by far the best, and second best was easily sir sezagos' they are far more modern
I don't really care for this forum anymore and the current state of decision making leads me to believe they are 11 year olds on a fucking power trip.

Also to add..
Imagine being so upset at not having your artwork used. (Especially when this was for free (Lets face it Otland Premium is fucking useless))
ipmm1t71xct21.jpg

Sharp said:
you can see pixelated white lines throughout the whole piece
@Sharp I accept that white line feedback, it was caused when the conversion to SVG was done but i'll do the fix as I noticed in the second post of this thread. I think the best we can all do is to move forward (to get mapping competitions back), if @River KA agreeds and @Sir Sezago we can work for a final version, and for the moment, leave the squirrel, then start a conversation with the staff to see if they agree.

Sharp said:
No offence ralke but your icon is a piece of shit
Personally this doesn't offend me. And for sure I take this as a feedback, this icon was experimental and rushed just for fun with the propose to cooperate on this thread New TFS logo / icon (https://otland.net/threads/new-tfs-logo-icon.274494/page-8)

Regards!

@Sharp I accept that white line feedback, it was caused when the conversion to SVG was done but i'll do the fix as I noticed in the second post of this thread. I think the best we can all do is to move forward (to get mapping competitions back), if @River KA agreeds and @Sir Sezago we can work for a final version, and for the moment, leave the squirrel, then start a conversation with the staff to see if they agree.

Personally this doesn't offend me. And for sure I take this as a feedback, this icon was experimental and rushed just for fun with the propose to cooperate on this thread New TFS logo / icon (https://otland.net/threads/new-tfs-logo-icon.274494/page-8)

Regards!

Hello, @ralke !

I really don't care to win in a competition where the moderators (@WibbenZ and @Kaspar specifically) made a false accusation against me of cheating when I never did that.

If I'm wrong and the moderators really care about this community, I'm pretty sure they will show us true proofs against me, right?
Again:
If SOMEONE REALLY REPORTED me, then THEY WILL HAVE PRINTS (on plural because Wibbenz said he has reportSSS on plural).
If Kaspar said that saw me showing my submission, asking people to vote at my submission and marking with "@everyone", then HE WILL HAVE THIS PRINT.

That's all I want: true proofs against me.
@WibbenZ The proofs that you "can't" show me that you said you "checked".
@Kaspar The proof that you said I showed my submission, asked people to vote at my submission and marked with "@everyone" that you said you saw and "checked".

So, don't worry. You don't need to be here anymore, you are the "winner" for the moderators!
I'm still here just because I'm still waiting the moderators which says that really care about this community and, if so, they will show the proofs against me!
That's all what I want.

i've got a feeling this thread would have gotten exactly the same (or worse) response if river won and it came to light that the mods knew he broke the rules but didn't disqualify him

interesting community

i've got a feeling this thread would have gotten exactly the same (or worse) response if river won and it came to light that the mods knew he broke the rules but didn't disqualify him

interesting community
So far no real proof was presented ;)

So far no real proof was presented ;)
and? this isn't a court room or a judicial system at all. There's absolutely no burden of proof whatsoever. It's also not up to you or anyone other than the mods what is regarded as proof. For all we know River is lying out of his ass and was paying people to vote for him.

No one should ever assume to know the whole story, it makes them look like a child, that's literally how children behave because they can't understand there's always at least 3 sides to a story, their brains aren't developed enough yet. Adults should not be making this mistake, yet here we are.

I wonder if they're even surprised anymore why half the forum dislikes the staff and more and more people decide to leave 🤔
The type of people to make up wild stories about mods because they don't like it when rules are enforced are exactly the type of people that make this community so horrible. Good riddance.

interesting community

As I said. When they proof about me broking the rules, I'll surrender. Don't worry.
So, again, I'm still waiting.

The plan was to announce @River KA as the winner, but sadly we got reports that he had violated one of the competition rules.
And therefor after an internal staff discussion we have come to the conclusion to disqualified @River KA and announce @ralke as the winner.
nice plot twist
there's no competing with the fury

Provide me with examples of reliable proof that will make you stop nagging about this. We cannot provide you with pictures as proof, since you claim that they can be edited. So I ask you yet again, should we book a time here in Stockholm so you can fly in and see me testify in court or how shall we proceed?

It's literally the whole staff's word against a user's word, take it or leave it.
The hatred you have is just beyond my realm of comprehension.
Leaving this thread open for a little bit longer before closing it.

How about another poll? Letting the community decide if he should be disqualified or not? No discord links this time

or if it's just word against word, 1v1 him in some game

How about another poll? Letting the community decide if he should be disqualified or not? No discord links this time

or if it's just word against word, 1v1 him in some game
Or how about you guys stop going so far saying that any pictures that we provide are falsified, and thus automatically taking away our only way of proving our statements.
Like I just cannot comprehend why you'd go so far thinking we actually would gain something by disqualifying a user's entry from this competition. We literally could not care less on what submission wins, as I've stated twice before. If we'd care, we wouldn't have proceeded with any of the submissions.
Occam's razor applies here, the most obvious occurance here is that River KA broke the rules and got disqualified. Stop being so anti-staff by conspiring against us all the time with these bold statements that you come up with.

River KA literally posted in his Discord channel that he owns (his own server):
1.PNG

But obviously after an edit, he's saying to not vote on his entry.
No matter what he says, just enlightening people about the poll in his OWN Discord, will entice his players to vote for him (note the @everyone there too).
He also posted in three other Discords about the poll, even though it's not as bad as posting it in his own Discord, it's still creating an unfair situation for the other contestants.

You can keep whining about this how much you want, the decision is final and won't be changed. Per usual it's the same people giving us a hard time. Perhaps we'll just go all in corrupt-mode to make your statements true, instead of trying to do the right thing all the time and constantly getting hate for it.

I mean the dude seems pretty adamant he didnt cheat and wants to see proof. I would expect in a senario like this were an over whelming majority of the communitys input was put into a decission that atleast a little transparncy would be shown. Why cant you show the proof? Like legit whats stopping you?

One thing thats frustrated me lately also is a growing trend of threads being shut down prematurely almost silencing any discussion on any contraversial topic what so ever. You guys supress shit like this but i think this is one of the few genuine senarions were some transparency on the issue would go along way.

Like "oh we reversed a major community decssion because we have proof we cant show", "oh by the way shutting thread down so you cant express concern over it".

maybe he cheated maybe he didnt whats frustrating me is the process how this has been handled.

Last edited:
I mean the dude seems pretty adamant he didnt cheat and wants to see proof. I would expect in a senario like this were an over whelming majority of the communitys input was put into a decission that atleast a little transparncy would be shown. Why cant you show the proof? Like legit whats stopping you?

One thing thats frustrated me lately also is a growing trend of threads being shut down prematurely almost silencing any discussion on any contraversial topic what so ever. You guys supress shit like this but i think this is one of the few genuine senarions were some transparency on the issue would go along way.

Like "oh we reversed a major community decssion because we have proof we cant show", "oh by the way shutting thread down so you cant express concern over it".

maybe he cheated maybe he didnt whats frustrating me is the process how this has been handled.
I can see that you have not read anything that I have written as to why you guys won't allow us to show any proof. You don't accept pictures as proof, so for the third time, tell us how to provide you with any reasonable evidence other than pictures.
Otherwise, read my post above yours.

As for closing threads, we only close threads if the topic is derailing from it's initial point, or if the majority of users are breaking the rules inside the thread with their posts.

You aren't satisfied with what has been publicly announced in this thread still, and we literally have nothing more to say, thus the thread's closure. People who still believe that we would disqualify someone without a valid reason based of a trivial icon, will never accept anything we say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back