• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[The Netherlands] RealOTs 7.7 custom client. Launching soon! Playable from the USA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a full reset of course, some will hate it. But we have no other option really, would be unfair for those who could not log in while others were exping. I totally understand if you guys who did get "far" gets upset over this. And it would annoy me to if i was a player in this matter. But it has to be fair, we're going to adjust the spawn rate in general. We were a bit unsure truth be told, if it was auto adjusted by the amount of people online or not. Now we know, it's not. So we'll increase that one before next launch. About more premium days, not a impossibility :)
Bro don't listen to the autistic kids who bitch at you for resetting. It has to be done.

As long as THIS TIME around, gold drop is 2x like it should've been, and spawn rate is NOT vanilla/ based on online count (which is a bad idea on an otserv) then it will be great. Make it faster.

As you said, this is a learning experience.

Just get out of the mind-set of "We can fix it when it's launched". Make it 100%, AND THEN set a countdown on the website.

Bro don't listen to the autistic kids who bitch at you for resetting. It has to be done.

As long as THIS TIME around, gold drop is 2x like it should've been, and spawn rate is NOT vanilla/ based on online count (which is a bad idea on an otserv) then it will be great. Make it faster.

As you said, this is a learning experience.

Just get out of the mind-set of "We can fix it when it's launched". Make it 100%, AND THEN set a countdown on the website.
also have char registration open a few days before launch

don't just increase spawnrate by 10% then.. It is extremely slow even for a rpg server right now. Atleast 30-40 (hopefully 50%)

Also, gold rate is just embarassing. I took lvl 14 on rotworms. It was barely worth picking the gold jesus, the maces and swords would probably be worth more. Average gold in a rot was like 5? Increase it alot!

don't just increase spawnrate by 10% then.. It is extremely slow even for a rpg server right now. Atleast 30-40 (hopefully 50%)

Also, gold rate is just embarassing. I took lvl 14 on rotworms. It was barely worth picking the gold jesus, the maces and swords would probably be worth more. Average gold in a rot was like 5? Increase it alot!
This.

You need to keep rares rare (loot 1x) but make it so it's possible to actually leave rook with more 150 gold (2x gold).

Skalth said it perfectly.

2x gold and 1x loot is perfect for a long term server. Rare items should be sold to people, not instantly considered for djinn pricing.

I totally agree with that guys! Better with higher gold rate (to be able to hunt stuff even if you don't loot rares) than higher loot rate for rares.
I'll talk to Dennis about this, i believe he did increase the gold rate itself, so it should not be a problem. For those who don't know. There's no such thing as a "Set gold rate x*" same goes for all rates.
This is not a "typical OT" we're working with here...... I more and more understands Iryont's old quote "It was a pain in the a*s to work with these files". But yea, it's a almost must in my opinion.

EDIT: It would make it so much more fun in the long terms too, if Magic plate armors for example were really valuable between players. And not just sold to djinn like someone mentioned. :)

You can edit the goldrate per monster I guess? It has a inventory section in each monster file.

Code:
# Tibia - graphical Multi-User-Dungeon
# MonsterRace File
# 2005/10/12 - 16:37:51

RaceNumber  = 26
Name  = "rotworm"
Article  = "a"
Outfit  = (26, 0-0-0-0)
Corpse  = 4005
Blood  = Blood
Experience  = 120
SummonCost  = 305
FleeThreshold = 0
Attack  = 18
Defend  = 11
Armor  = 8
Poison  = 0
LoseTarget  = 0
Strategy  = (100, 0, 0, 0)

Flags  = {Unpushable,
  NoSummon,
  NoIllusion}

Skills  = {(HitPoints, 65, 0, 65, 0, 0, 0),
  (GoStrength, 18, 0, 18, 0, 0, 0),
  (CarryStrength, 300, 0, 300, 0, 0, 0),
  (FistFighting, 26, 26, 26, 100, 1500, 1)}

Inventory  = {(3430, 1, 20),
  (3031, 8, 600),
  (3031, 12, 600),
  (3582, 1, 400),
  (3300, 1, 6),
  (3374, 1, 30),
  (3286, 1, 90),
  (3577, 1, 400),
  (3264, 1, 60),
  (3492, 5, 500)}

just make sure to fix resps timers in rook and gold rate from common start mobs in main

ruuska add tasks it makes killing monsters much more fun and adds rpg
We have been considering something similar, and planing it. But we will make this from scratch, different from others in that case. And a thing like this is not done in 1 day. But yea something similar would be fun im sure, we are not low on plans. But time is against us at the moment. As soon as everything is stable and keeps to stay that way. We can in peace work on things to make the server even more popular and fun! :)

great, i think what they did with it on *****anic was cool cuz its like who can do the most tasks and stuff, great rpg. customized realots style ofc but the task thing just blew my mind, took me to all kind of places around tibia i never thought id go to again. so yeah cant wait to see what u guys do with it ;d

great, i think what they did with it on *****anic was cool cuz its like who can do the most tasks and stuff, great rpg. customized realots style ofc but the task thing just blew my mind, took me to all kind of places around tibia i never thought id go to again. so yeah cant wait to see what u guys do with it ;d
Tasks fked Tibianic imo, shoulda made it give less exp.

1.200+ replies of crying.

just make sure to fix resps timers in rook and gold rate from common start mobs in main

lulz, they can't really decrease it greatly, as it would make monsters spawn if not instant really quick. And that's if they do not dissasemble the game binary for the respawn (online count) spawn rate modifications (which I doubt), so yes, they can only increase spawn rate for some small percentages.

nah man tasks are the shit. the exp isnt op and you can only do it once per char. like i said its an rpg thing but its available for everyone so how could it have ruined it

It will be a full reset of course, some will hate it. But we have no other option really, would be unfair for those who could not log in while others were exping. I totally understand if you guys who did get "far" gets upset over this. And it would annoy me to if i was a player in this matter. But it has to be fair, we're going to adjust the spawn rate in general. We were a bit unsure truth be told, if it was auto adjusted by the amount of people online or not. Now we know, it's not. So we'll increase that one before next launch. About more premium days, not a impossibility :)

For future reference, I strongly suggest you guys make more mature decisions about your server. The fact that you claim the server will be up and alive for 15 years and then go and rush the launch even when things weren't ready and people told you to wait the extra week. This makes you look amateur and makes it hard for players like me to take you seriously.

15 years is a huge proposal, do you honestly think you're going to be running and having this server online when you're 42 years old!? Especially when you're currently running the server through trial and error? Just saying man, you should seriously think about your actions and do things in a more professional manner because this is just ridiculous. I'd hate to see this servers reputation ruined any further.

1.200+ replies of crying.

lulz, they can't really decrease it greatly, as it would make monsters spawn if not instant really quick. And that's if they do not dissasemble the game binary for the respawn (online count) spawn rate modifications (which I doubt), so yes, they can only increase spawn rate for some small percentages.

Did want faster spawns not slower spawns MUH 10 min for mino spawn :X 10 min for skeleton spawn :X:X:X:X:

For future reference, I strongly suggest you guys make more mature decisions about your server. The fact that you claim the server will be up and alive for 15 years and then go and rush the launch even when things weren't ready and people told you to wait the extra week. This makes you look amateur and makes it hard for players like me to take you seriously.

15 years is a huge proposal, do you honestly think you're going to be running and having this server online when you're 42 years old!? Especially when you're currently running the server through trial and error? Just saying man, you should seriously think about your actions and do things in a more professional manner because this is just ridiculous. I'd hate to see this servers reputation ruined any further.
Since he posted the same thing here as on Facebook, i'll give you my replies by a copy

• Robert RuuskaI agree with you somewhat, we made a big mistake letting the pressure from the Community take over. We're not the most experienced guys when it comes to hosting an OT. And there's very little experience on the net when it comes to these files. You can't "google it". Or search for answers anywhere else. Let us prove that we learned from this mistake and it would be end of discussion. If we make the same mistake one more time, it's over. So i want to make sure that it WON'T happen again. Even if it takes more time than 1 week. I will not let the pressure get me again, same goes for the rest of the crew. 99.99% safe launch. Or no launch at all, and tbh. Im not nervous this time. Since Dennis agreed on helping us out for real. "Do it all". And he succeeded before, to get it function well. He can do it again, it's just a matter of time.
    11 minutes ago · Like
  • What exactly was the huge issue here? As far as I know the site wasn't working 100% but other than that I thought it was DDoS attacks that fucked everything up?
    9 minutes ago · Edited · Like

• Robert Ruuska
    And if the community survives, and we can convince people to play our server, in the future. Why not? It's not it'll require 8 hours/day from me personally. It's fun, a bit rough now at start.
    10 minutes ago · Like

• Robert Ruuska
    Most things has to be redone it seems. Can't really tell you why, since I've had limited communication with the people involved with this. Due to a storm i mentioned earlier. I'll get my electricity back on Tuesday

15 years is a huge proposal, do you honestly think you're going to be running and having this server online when you're 42 years old!?
TBx2hZy.png[img]

No it should take 5-6 hours to take rook. it was a great feeling leaving that shithole tbh, dont take that away from players. Motivating people to exp in main.

I totally agree with that guys! Better with higher gold rate (to be able to hunt stuff even if you don't loot rares) than higher loot rate for rares.
I'll talk to Dennis about this, i believe he did increase the gold rate itself, so it should not be a problem. For those who don't know. There's no such thing as a "Set gold rate x*" same goes for all rates.
This is not a "typical OT" we're working with here...... I more and more understands Iryont's old quote "It was a pain in the a*s to work with these files". But yea, it's a almost must in my opinion.

EDIT: It would make it so much more fun in the long terms too, if Magic plate armors for example were really valuable between players. And not just sold to djinn like someone mentioned. :)

Dont change goldrate that much tbh, i dont wanna loot sick much gold in t.e.x ''ghouls'', cyclops'' before crash i did lvl 15 with spears only got 500gp. Great feeling tbh. Brings back rpg days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back