The Unknown | Mapping Thread

OP
Unknown Soldier

Unknown Soldier

Tibian Geodesist
Reaction score
I think underwater lava is at least physically possible unlike for instance an underground river on the floor below a normal river. :D
Sure it possible, the river you are talking about... there is probably smaller possibility, but I think it might happen somehow :D

Anyway, if PC games were just REALISTIC, they would be just booooring, there must be something EXTRA

OP
Unknown Soldier

Unknown Soldier

Tibian Geodesist
Reaction score
It's time for another update :)

First location which I am showing today - low class lizards.

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

[6]

Next location is connected to coryms, which I've showed earlier. It consists of 3 floors. You will find there swamp trolls, swamplings and some more. Both, lizards and swamplings are quite huge, enough space for hunting for few people at once :)

[7]

[8]

[9]

[10]

[11]

Another undergrounds, now filled with something much stronger :)

[12]

[13]

[14]

[15]

[16]

[17]

Last, but not least, I have added several chests around the map which are guarded by various enemies, they will appear in waves, sometimes in large groups. I will be deffinitely adding more chests like this, they are really enjoyable ;)

[18]

That's it for now, map is really growing big, and it is just a little part of it. I am getting more excited with every new location, and with every step forward I feel more and more motivated! Soon I will be finishing the first region, the largest of all three which are planned until server starts. I have also been working on a website, which is almost ready now, still some things need to be done, some fixes must be implemented and subpages filled with content, but I hope the most difficult and time-consuming things are already finished.

Hope you like it! I would appreciate your comments, opinion, criticism :)

Arciv

working on New Prject.
Reaction score
Well as of what i read it does not look nice well in my own words This is amazing !!! And i wish you The Unknown all the best :p

This is what i want to do as well :p

Good Work team !!!

Wish you all the best!!!

I got to ask if i could Help in any way just Tell me !!!! I learn fast but i need a helping hand..
I did maps before but unfortunately my work is gone problems well its hard to explain :p:p Good job keep it up "The Unknown" You are soldiers of new Era...!!

simivar

Reaction score
Oh god, I haven't seen better mapping in long long time (and I'm here from 7.6 times). Keep it up bro! Are you working on some project or it's just for show-off?

El Diablo

Excellent OT User
Reaction score
Nice to see more quality mapping! Thanks for sharing!

OP
Unknown Soldier

Unknown Soldier

Tibian Geodesist
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Another portion of screenshots. Today I will show just some easy spawns, however I like them both. Both are quite big, consisting of many floors, so as always, you can go and get lost :) Also I wanted them to be a little diverse so another floors of each location are always a little bit different.

The first location is a settlement of dwarves, there are already mountains and mines, but there will be also a dwarven city in the future.

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

[6]

And the were-creatures. My inspiration is quite obvious, but it looks just great to me, it has it's mood, pleasure to hunt down there.

[7]

[8]

[9]

[10]

[11]

[12]

And that's it :) Let me know what you think!

OP
Unknown Soldier

Unknown Soldier

Tibian Geodesist
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

bumping the thread, just want to let you know that project is alive, not given up, and I'm not going to. However, it goes quite slowly. Since my last post I have mapped some new locations, which I want to show you today.

Will start with simple one. Just a necro area.

[1]

The Royal Academy of Magic, a good source of various quests.
[2]

[3]

[4]

Desolation of behemoths
[5]

[6]

The Prison, a big one. As always, locations are quite large, but this time there are many different ones packed into one area, and there are few more to come.

[7]

[8]

[9]

[10]

[11]

[12]

[13]

[14]

[15]

[16]

[17]

[18]

[19]

[20]

And finally, some Drakens...

[21]

[22]

[23]

This is of course not everything that is new, but I just chose the most interesting areas for me. In the next reply I guess I will post some minimaps.

Let me know what you think!

Till next time!