• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The white city

Hey people,

I have decided to post my contest map here. I am planing to work furth on this city. Too bad I have lost that contest, was so sure to win haha :D

BO2MDXY.jpg
Loved the waterfall below bridges

Hello,

I decided to continue with the village i have created for the autumn contest.

It meant to look like a mix between scrap/slum/desert/wild west village. I remember watching a schreenshots by 2Rec and he had a city called "the colony" in a messy brownish, dirty style. I really liked it and wanted to create something with the similar atmosphere one day.

I made the crenshots while having normal zoom, I also removed the raw palatte window. I dont know why the pics look streched.... Just ignore it.

Leave your feadback!

Click on the images for better quality!

CKKO611.jpg

1fgIJoy.jpg

PcI1XCX.jpg

bVoF5hR.jpg

5. total progres so far

49x4Jno.jpg

Post automatically merged:

ahhh and... since i dont know how to set up a server, i could give one of you this map and maybe you could post some ingame screenshoots? but watch out, there is almost no interior everywhere and its mostly for show off

Last edited:
for me it is greatest fun to make interioris! =D
Year ago I also didn't know how to set up server, thought it is too hard but found this
Took me few hours but it is completely differnt when You can play and see that some floor are not visible or some obsticles should be moved from way.

I don't like mixing roofs and walls but would just exchange brick walls and colours of marquee to the same one
and I think I just have some idea - force this pavement to look better by covering edges with mud or change their order.

Anyway when I will finish all my work I will start finishing pirate islands with huge city and for sure will take some inspiration from You, thanks!

001204.png

The Snow Village

1597311413793.png

1597311761207.png

1597311497612.png

1597311628303.png

1597311672615.png

It seems that I can attach only 5 files. I will continue in the next post!

The Snow Village

1597311970818.png

1597312009894.png

The Autumn Village

1597312197582.png

1597312224123.png

1597312255989.png

1597312331036.png

1597312284811.png

The Autumn Village

1597312468747.png

The Flooded City

1597312511652.png

1597312531823.png

1597312577052.png

1597312599578.png

The Flooded City

1597312662360.png

1597312690292.png

One big thanks to Andreew, who have made some ingame pics for me, cuz I was to stupid to set up a server myself! ! !

Last edited:
Awesome!
Could you also post some minimap or zoom-out look from RME?

Awesome!
Could you also post some minimap or zoom-out look from RME?

Thanks! What city/village should i zoom out? I think i have a zoom out of the autumn/brown village and an older zoom out of the flooded city. I can update it and also post a zoom out of the snow village.

You're creative for sure and some of the images are very good, your detailing sometimes still needs to be improved but that'll fix by experience.
These stones on top on the snow (forming a path) is one thing that bothers me the most.

On the other hand I didn't like any parts of the autumn city. I recommend you to remake it from zero.
It wouldn't make sense to highlight what I didn't like.

The others are cool though, I am looking forward to see more in future.

You're creative for sure and some of the images are very good, your detailing sometimes still needs to be improved but that'll fix by experience.
These stones on top on the snow (forming a path) is one thing that bothers me the most.

On the other hand I didn't like any parts of the autumn city. I recommend you to remake it from zero.
It wouldn't make sense to highlight what I didn't like.

The others are cool though, I am looking forward to see more in future.

I always thought that the autumn village was my best creation so far, so i am wondering why people dont like it. (I tried to copy 2recs style a bit and make something “messy/vintage“ looking.) If u have time and motivation, i would like to hear ur opinion on it. The mapping tastes are different, so maybe i wont agree with everything you say. But nonetheless it is interesting for me to know how people think and what they regard as important and good.

Other opinions could be refreshing sometimes.

I always thought that the autumn village was my best creation so far, so i am wondering why people dont like it. (I tried to copy 2recs style a bit and make something “messy/vintage“ looking.) If u have time and motivation, i would like to hear ur opinion on it. The mapping tastes are different, so maybe i wont agree with everything you say. But nonetheless it is interesting for me to know how people think and what they regard as important and good.

Other opinions could be refreshing sometimes.
Get in touch on discord (signature) and I will make a detailed review and share my perspectives whenever I find the time. :)

i am working on it right now.... update will follow later... i am not sure about certain buildings and also not sure about what ground to add. either i add a river or skies and make it look like its the higher part of a big city.

vorläufer.png

Hello,

here is what I did today. I will change somethings later, so be sure, that this is not the end-version ( I have different versions for the buildings and for tiles; still trying whats the best). Some parts are also incomplete.

Updates will follow later.

city1.png

city2.png

city3.png

and yes... i know that some details are missing... but as i said... this is just the beginning!

Damn... just checked the screens once again and now i really see the lack of details.... gonna add em tomorrow and update. Sry, i just not that kind of mapper who is checking every stone, pebble and dust corn...btw, i have mapped much more today than i just uploaded.

I would really appreciate if smbody could make some ingame screens for me later. This week maybe or later....would be nice, cuz people always mock my screenshots for the lack of prefesionalism.

Last edited:
@scheisse
Which protocol? I'm able to take some shots but on 10.98.

About the architecture, it looks cool! And don't worry about grounds, I think it will work well on different grounds, no matter if its "desert" or normal climate.

Since the contest is over, i have decided to post my contest picture. it meant to look like a high tech city consisting of skyscrapers and old "traditional buildings". The skyscrapers are so high, that their highest floors lie above the skies. So in order to travel between the buldings, it is much easier for you to use the train system (wich is aswell high abive the skies) instead of giong all the way down to the ground floor and walking to the desired destination. This leads to every skyscraper have its own train station. When you use the train, then you are not just simply teleported to your destination, instead you travel there all the way by cart and thus able to see your environment (think of real travel and or the traveling system in necronia ot).

The traditional buildings from the pre industrial/cyber age are obviously smaller and cant reach the skies. only few traditional buldings are high enough to reach the skies and even there it is only the roof or the highest floor that is visible.

Just imagine you have old traditional buildings surrounded by giant high tech block of steel and rock; this is what i was aiming for.

Now the details: On the bottom left you see an elevator. the left side of the center building is a warehouse (the paintings on the sides are adverts); there is a depo (every skyscraper has its own depo, bank and post office). The smaller buuildings at the southern part of the screenshoot are supposed to be the older buildings. on the right you see a little station for goods transport; beside people transportation, the train system also allows a transporatation of goods. The white "something" on the top of the central building is supposed to be a cloud slowly moving northwarts and making the way free to see the scenery which is portrain on the screenshoot.

cyberpunk city vers2.png

Here is the next piece of the white city. This time i have added some details. but not too much. I think the architecture is detailed enough, so more details on the ground might make look it more messy. Anyway, i think its a matter of taste. (Btw, the format is png)

platz.png

platz3.png

platz4.png

When i am finished with this section (it will take a while, cuz i have added a lot new stuff and need to "polish" it), i will upload an overview pic of the city. it has grown very big by now.

I know some of you might not like the yellowish look and the yellow tiles, but i think you can use here almost any ground that you want and it will look alright. just a matter of taste.

cheers

btw, u get a better quality view when u click on the pic

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks Andreew!

here are some updates:

city.png

city2.png

city3.png

Cheers!

PS: Atm I have some many ideas in my head, they just keep popping up and i cant map em fast enough!

Updates

markt.png

markt2.png

markt3.png

Last edited:
Alright watch out, large pictures. This time i have put em in a spoiler!

When u look at the screens then imagine you are walking from east to west.

What do u think on the wooden bridge over the roofs??

neues.png

The space in the bottom left part of the screen, is not finished yet....

neues2.png

neues3.png

neues4.png

Which ones do u prefer? pink of gray? i cant decide myself....

neues5.png

Not sure whether to put flower pots or statues on the top... ideas?

neues6.png

Really like the buildings and shape of this city, would you mind putting minimap or zoomed out overview?
I see it is pity there are just 7 floors xD

If I could give any advise: I was also making bazar with this marquee and I had problem: roof didn't vanish when I got closer and i wanted to show what is in the offer, so I've put on upper floor nothing special - invisible floor (ID: 460) (but then you could enter there with spell or boxes) so I additionally put another nothing special (ID:1548) which blocks tile and you cannot step on it

this is how it looks:
001489.png

Anyway you know how to turn off visibility of yellow stairs mark? or you haven't put them yet?

Really like the buildings and shape of this city, would you mind putting minimap or zoomed out overview?
I see it is pity there are just 7 floors xD

If I could give any advise: I was also making bazar with this marquee and I had problem: roof didn't vanish when I got closer and i wanted to show what is in the offer, so I've put on upper floor nothing special - invisible floor (ID: 460) (but then you could enter there with spell or boxes) so I additionally put another nothing special (ID:1548) which blocks tile and you cannot step on it

this is how it looks:
View attachment 50401

Anyway you know how to turn off visibility of yellow stairs mark? or you haven't put them yet?

Damn, i dunno, i really have no knowledge on programming and makining anything else with rme except mapping :/

And yes, i will post overview pics later.

Back