• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The workout thread: personal training advice

diet > all
clean body clear mind
ps. also do something better than just walk to buy some shits

love it! I'm working to look like my icon ;P

keep in mind diet also isn't just what you eat ,
its when you eat (every x hours?), How you eat (do you eat fast? slow? full meals or isolated food groups?), and why you are eating (see-food diet? just bored-eating? wait 'till starving to eat?).

EAT BREAKFAST if you don't, and a homemade sandwich is the best lunch you can get imo. For dinner Id recommend eating your fav veggie (I like celery) before a low-carb meal followed by a citrus fruit (I like oranges) after the meal.

a good time to workout for the avg. person is after lunch or before dinner (1:00pm~ or 4~7pm).

Last edited by a moderator:
its when you eat (every x hours?), How you eat (do you eat fast? slow? full meals or isolated food groups?), and why you are eating (see-food diet? just bored-eating? wait 'till starving to eat?).

EAT BREAKFAST if you don't, and a homemade sandwich is the best lunch you can get imo. For dinner Id recommend eating your fav veggie (I like celery) before a low-carb meal followed by a citrus fruit (I like oranges) after the meal.

a good time to workout for the avg. person is after lunch or before dinner (1:00pm~ or 4~7pm).
I agree on some points.

The eating 6 meals a day thing is a very argued subject. Personally I don't think it matters. The reason eating every few hours works for people is because they eat smaller portions. With proper portion control eating a regular breakfast/lunch/dinner isn't an issue. It really just comes down to daily caloric intake.

Skipping breakfast is a good idea for people trying to lose weight as you'll use fat-stores instead of carbs as energy ;) When you eat brunch/lunch(or breakfast) though make sure its slow-carbs(Slow carbs = Unprocessed food like potatos, whole grains.. rice is ok aswell even though not the slowest. Just make sure you don't eat white bread and sugar!). Fast carbohydrates should only be eaten before and after training(or work/walking), imo. Otherwise the energy cannot go anywhere else but right into the fat-cells(Yes that's a word/term :p ).

Yes, my diet is fairly poor.
Once I get up and running here, I'll probably set-up a forum thread with my progress. :oops:
I'm not as beautiful as @Damon , But I'll probably post some pictures of myself every month or so.
Don't wish me luck. I don't need luck for this adventure. :p
Who said I'm beautiful? Lmao :D Anyway today I am going to take my "before" selfie in gym and in a couple months the "after" or "midway" selfie. Of course I will do the "after" selfie first kek :p

@Raxon What do you recommend that someone with an ectomorph build do to put on fat/ muscle? I've always struggled, which makes me just not bother with gym.

Who said I'm beautiful? Lmao :D Anyway today I am going to take my "before" selfie in gym and in a couple months the "after" or "midway" selfie. Of course I will do the "after" selfie first kek :p
I'll take my selfie too. :x
Tag me. <3

@Raxon What do you recommend that someone with an ectomorph build do to put on fat/ muscle? I've always struggled, which makes me just not bother with gym.
I am ectomorph myself and was struggling to get weight and build muscle but 9 months ago I said fuck it gonna give it my best for 1 year and I'll see results.
9 months ago:
64 kgs ( 141 lbs )
188 cm (6'2'')
could do max 2-3 pullups in one set
now:
77 kgs ( 170 lbs )
191 cm (6'3'')
can do around 15 pullups in one set
Never been to gym, only doing calisthenics and street workout at home(started doing 2-3 times a week and now since summer started doing it everyday and feeling great). Been eating literaly whatever except chocolate and keeping my sugar intake as low as possible.

I am ectomorph myself and was struggling to get weight and build muscle but 9 months ago I said fuck it gonna give it my best for 1 year and I'll see results.
9 months ago:
64 kgs ( 141 lbs )
188 cm (6'2'')
could do max 2-3 pullups in one set
now:
77 kgs ( 170 lbs )
191 cm (6'3'')
can do around 15 pullups in one set
Never been to gym, only doing calisthenics and street workout at home(started doing 2-3 times a week and now since summer started doing it everyday and feeling great). Been eating literaly whatever except chocolate and keeping my sugar intake as low as possible.
PM me the schedule you did.

I'm just curious to see that @Raxon has to say, I know the main jist of what to do and how to go abouts it, but it's good to hear what people who have the knowledge says.

Skipping breakfast is a good idea for people trying to lose weight as you'll use fat-stores instead of carbs as energy ;) When you eat brunch/lunch(or breakfast) though make sure its slow-carbs(Slow carbs = Unprocessed food like potatos, whole grains.. rice is ok aswell even though not the slowest. Just make sure you don't eat white bread and sugar!). Fast carbohydrates should only be eaten before and after training(or work/walking), imo. Otherwise the energy cannot go anywhere else but right into the fat-cells(Yes that's a word/term :p ).

Skipping breakfast is never a good idea lol. Have you never watched any sports endorsed cereal commercial ever... or any listened to any dietitian or doctor xD

Skipping breakfast is never a good idea lol. Have you never watched any sports endorsed cereal commercial ever... or any listened to any dietitian or doctor xD

Right.. sorry :p

On a more serious note I can't understand why tricking parents into feeding their kids sugar for breakfast, lunch and dinner isn't illegal when tobacco-commercials are..

As an ecto you really need to focus on your calorie intake. Make sure your macronutrients are on spec. Eat protein and carbs like it's going out of style. If you aren't seeing progress after 2 weeks, continue to increase values until you're happy with your muscle:fat ratio.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

Right.. sorry :p

On a more serious note I can't understand why tricking parents into feeding their kids sugar for breakfast, lunch and dinner isn't illegal when tobacco-commercials are..

As an ecto you really need to focus on your calorie intake. Make sure your macronutrients are on spec. Eat protein and carbs like it's going out of style. If you aren't seeing progress after 2 weeks, continue to increase values until you're happy with your muscle:fat ratio.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183
Yeh I eat a shit tonne of carbs and protein as it is. I put on no weight (been 64kg for a few years now) and all I do is sit at a PC lol.

Yeh I eat a shit tonne of carbs and protein as it is. I put on no weight (been 64kg for a few years now) and all I do is sit at a PC lol.
Try a weight gainer shake. Hit the gym though, otherwise you'll gain mostly fat and no muscle.

I skip breakfast and dinner everyday, I don't do exercises, I sit in front of the computer at least 12 hours a day, I smoke weed, I drink, I couldn't feel better.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I drink at least 15 mugs of black coffee without sugar a day.

Last edited:
I skip breakfast and dinner everyday, I don't do exercises, I sit in front of the computer at least 12 hours a day, I smoke weed, I drink, I couldn't feel better.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I drink at least 15 mugs of black coffee without sugar a day.

Without sugar is important.. especially the first cup. Why it's bad to eat a good breakfast is to keep your bloodsugar at good levels, 1 cup of coffee with a teaspoon of sugar and it's an instant fail(i fail too often :( ). 15 mugs is a bit extreme though.. no? :p And living without breakfast(and lunch even) is all about habits. If you're body is used to it it's not a problem.. maybe it's a bad advice though because if you've eaten 5+ times a day your whole life from being a baby to growing up to becoming an adult the body might have lost the ability to adopt, not certain of this). The hardest worker i've ever met(i was a concrete-reparation-business, one of the toughest jobs there are for the body) only ate once a day.

This makes me think of how alcohol was sold as medicine not even 100 years back. Or how doctors claimed it was healthy(!) to smoke cigarrettes just 50 or 70 years back.. as said, hard to understand why it's legal.

well my workout routine is always
- opening PC do some finger stretches,
- pull someones fingers up my own arse (5X30 reps for stamina mostly)
- then i walk to a nearby clock shop where i occasionally break clocks for fun with my head
(never got busted so far, so dont sue me)

and im like sup dog ur clockworks is not working, what you gonna do you piece of shit
then i usually make myself a cup of tea that i throw on the wall as hard i can while screaming "im not different" to my dog

then i walk home to mental hospital at around 22:00 and go to bed with my straightjacket on to prevent 9/11

200.gif

Back